Weekend vs weekdays

slpeters

DIS Veteran
So we are going to DL in either mid-November or early-December--I'm hoping for December but work is being a little non-committal. Anyway, we are going to do 5 day park hoppers and possibly go to Universal for a day. So it looks like hours are relatively long in both slots (seems like probably 8-12 DL, 8-10 DCA) and crowds sort of middling--although who knows once Star Wars opens.

Do people think I should try to maximize week days (potentially lower crowds) or weekends (more events and shows)? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

So we are going to DL in either mid-November or early-December--I'm hoping for December but work is being a little non-committal. Anyway, we are going to do 5 day park hoppers and possibly go to Universal for a day. So it looks like hours are relatively long in both slots (seems like probably 8-12 DL, 8-10 DCA) and crowds sort of middling--although who knows once Star Wars opens.

Do people think I should try to maximize week days (potentially lower crowds) or weekends (more events and shows)? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
By that time the Christmas parade and fireworks will be daily, if I recall, as will WOC Winter Dreams. Fantasmic may only be weekends so as long as you have at least one weekend night you should be fine. If it was me I would do M-F.

:wizard:

mid December should be no problem for fireworks.....as for events in Mid-november that happen....those type of events don't happen in December other than Candle processional . Fantasmic would not be a good reason to plan a visit as SWGE may make that area congested and may be cancelled until , if any , crowding problem is resolved. Weekdays are better, Wednesday being the best day, monday the worst.. The weekend crowds are going to be locals taking in the holiday splendor and will not focus on bucket listing attractions, so not so much pressure on the Maxpass. So it will be a toss-up...week long week-day folks who are tired with a Wednesday bonus or working all week fresh visitors for the weekends for the Fantasmic.

Keep an eye on the AP Blockout Calendar, especially for your Dec. dates. You want a time with more passes blocked, preferably the lower 3, and you want to avoid the last weekend and the week before a major blockout. The lower passholders will flood in the later afternoons and evenings on weekdays and on the last weekend to get their last glimpse of Holiday Time before being blocked out until Jan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter