• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weekend traffic from LAX

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Read all about the horrible LA traffic. We're getting into LAX on Sunday around 2:00PM. Any guesses on what the traffic will be like at that time getting to Anaheim?

There will be traffic for sure, but it won’t be as terrible as the weekday. I think it would take about an hour to hour and a half to get to Anaheim. I live near LAX, and without traffic it takes me 35 minutes to get down there.

Normal drive time LAX to DL is 45 min-ish no traffic. That time Sunday my guestimate is about an hour which is what Goole Maps also says.

Barring any construction or accidents that drive at that time is pretty uneventful.

Read all about the horrible LA traffic. We're getting into LAX on Sunday around 2:00PM. Any guesses on what the traffic will be like at that time getting to Anaheim?
I would guess about a hour give or take. There will be some traffic since it’s mid afternoon.

i want to say it pretty open on weekend...
but last sat driving home took an extra 40 mins than usual... :\ No accidents... just slow traffic... :\
super YMMV.

i want to say it pretty open on weekend...
but last sat driving home took an extra 40 mins than usual... :\ No accidents... just slow traffic... :\
super YMMV.
Saturday afternoons there is usually traffic on the 91 if that’s the freeway you were on. I know if I’m driving to the park from the LAX area on a Saturday between 12:30-5pm I expect it to take a minimum of 45 min to sometimes over an hour to get there compared to about 30 minutes with no traffic.

Saturday afternoons there is usually traffic on the 91 if that’s the freeway you were on. I know if I’m driving to the park from the LAX area on a Saturday between 12:30-5pm I expect it to take a minimum of 45 min to sometimes over an hour to get there compared to about 30 minutes with no traffic.

yeah, i was on the 91, it was traffic from 710 --> 5 all the way. :\
i never seen it that much traffic before, to me it was worse than a weekday traffic. i think it was just that day though.

yeah, i was on the 91, it was traffic from 710 --> 5 all the way. :\
i never seen it that much traffic before, to me it was worse than a weekday traffic. i think it was just that day though.
Yeah I’ve been on the 91 midday and it’s pretty bad sometimes....just depends

Best time to go is on a Sunday morning. Other than that, plan on traffic, and enjoy the times that it's actually a smooth-going drive.

Are you renting a vehicle - if you are then factor in the amount of time it will take to catch the rental car shuttle and pick up your vehicle. This will likely add about half an hour to your travels. Traffic will likely be manageable but we have found that in any large metropolitan area traffic can pop up and bite you when you least expect it - all it takes is one accident and poof it's stop and go, or just stop! Google maps is great for letting you know where the red is you should avoid, I'd check that before leaving to be able to perhaps avoid certain routes.

Are you renting a vehicle - if you are then factor in the amount of time it will take to catch the rental car shuttle and pick up your vehicle. This will likely add about half an hour to your travels. Traffic will likely be manageable but we have found that in any large metropolitan area traffic can pop up and bite you when you least expect it - all it takes is one accident and poof it's stop and go, or just stop! Google maps is great for letting you know where the red is you should avoid, I'd check that before leaving to be able to perhaps avoid certain routes.

No way. Taking Disneyland Express.

We drove to LA from Northern California last October. Arrived around midnight and it was bumper to bumper. I don't think it matters what time of day it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter