Weekend Posting War

Good night all.......the next 14 days will be very busy. My grandfather is turning 90 soon.

So - who else has President's Day off?

This is really breaking up my week. Last week I had to work two days (was at WDW Monday - Wednesday), then had 3 days off. Will have to work 4 days before the next weekend. But after that its a full 5-day week.

So - who else has President's Day off?

This is really breaking up my week. Last week I had to work two days (was at WDW Monday - Wednesday), then had 3 days off. Will have to work 4 days before the next weekend. But after that its a full 5-day week.

I have today off! :banana:

Anybody familiar with the Hunters Creek area or Orlando? We had a suggestion from a local to check out the homes in that area. I know its fairly close to WDW, which is a plus. I'm just not sure if there is a large "tourist" influence there, which we would prefer to avoid.

Anybody familiar with the Hunters Creek area or Orlando? We had a suggestion from a local to check out the homes in that area. I know its fairly close to WDW, which is a plus. I'm just not sure if there is a large "tourist" influence there, which we would prefer to avoid.

I know someone who has a rental unit there. Last I talked to them it had been vacant for 4 months. I personally have never been there.

I know someone who has a rental unit there. Last I talked to them it had been vacant for 4 months. I personally have never been there.

We're just "dipping a toe in the water" too. DH can't wait until we can move to FL!
This is what I also want to avoid- neighborhoods with rentals, tourists, lots of snowbirds, etc.
And the closer you are to WDW, the more prevalent that is.

I'll be curious to follow what you are finding.

Wow - a rental unit that's been vacant for 4 months. Sounds like the tourism market is still depressed down there.

But it does give me a good idea - perhaps look for a snowbird type rental next winter. Does your friend use an agency? Any idea where we would find out more about snowbird (2+ month long) rentals?

We're just "dipping a toe in the water" too. DH can't wait until we can move to FL!
This is what I also want to avoid- neighborhoods with rentals, tourists, lots of snowbirds, etc.
And the closer you are to WDW, the more prevalent that is.

I'll be curious to follow what you are finding.

We did a bit of driving around the area last week. Headed down (west) I-4 and got off at exit 58 which is the Champions Gate/Reunion area. Looked nice and very convenient to get to WDW. From there we made our way over to 27 (not really sure how we got there, we were just kind of following the major roads) and then headed north on 27. Saw several developments that would fit the bill. This entire area is away from the main tourist areas so you can live a more normal life.

When we got to Rte 50, we headed east - after stopping at a Cracker Barrel for lunch. Only saw a couple of places right along 50 that looked interesting. From there we caught 535 back south to windup on the east side of WDW. The area between 50 and WDW on this road seems to offer many good opportunities as well.

Right now we are still leaning towards Clermont.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 394
User Name Posts
OKW Lover 91
Justin Jett 87
WaltD4Me 43
ImTooExcitedToSleep 29
NC Belle 28
DrMomof3 23
jcb 15
ninecrayons 13
HallsInTheKingdom 12
EDuke98080 10
sshaw10060 8
mainegal 7
pal-mickey 5
*NikkiBell* 4
connie1042 4
disprincessatheart 3
wdwscout 3
Phoenixblue 2
k5jmh 1
mjaclyn 1
Disney Khi 1
IWISHFORDISNEY 1
HollyMac71 1
catycatcat4 1
figment3258 1

I'm on call today but the office is closed so it's just a matter of dealing with any emergency phone calls. I'm working tomorrow (hopefully a short day) and then we're going away for 2 nights to a place called Rocking Horse Ranch. It's about a 90 min drive. We went last February break and the kids have been asking to go back!

Amanda

We got another 6 inches of snow overnight. Makes Florida seem better and better! :rotfl2:

Amanda

Another 6"? Sorry to hear that. We've only got a couple of inches of new snow. Hardly noticeable with all the left over stuff. Really, if it weren't for the fact that there had been some (few) bare spots around, it would be hard to tell.

Drove past our golf course on Saturday and was encouraged to see that several of the fairways were clear of snow. Obviously they are out in the open and we had some relatively warm temperatures last week. Still a ways to go yet.

Morning All. Woke up to about 3 inches this morning...that isn't so bad, but yesterday there was nothing! It was all melted.

More snow tonight and tomorrow...another long week of winter and no podcast this week to look forward to.

Wow - a rental unit that's been vacant for 4 months. Sounds like the tourism market is still depressed down there.

But it does give me a good idea - perhaps look for a snowbird type rental next winter. Does your friend use an agency? Any idea where we would find out more about snowbird (2+ month long) rentals?

I have a great book on buying a second home. I will find it and look up the name for you. My friend is a realtor in FL I can ask him who would handle rentals and get back to you. We have been looking for the last two years and I think we have decided on the area just North of WDW off of 535. It is along the Butler chain of Lakes and not touristy. A bit more rural but some nice neighborhoods. We are hoping to find something in March as the market is seeing more activity and the prices are starting to stabilize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter