Week before Christmas capacity question.....

GoofyforDisney3

DIS Veteran
Going December 19th to December 23rd. The Saturday, December 22nd, we are hopping from EP to MK around noon. Is this a bad idea? Do I need to worry about the park being closed to capacity at all? The last time I was at Disney for Christmas was in 2007 and it's funny that we are going pretty much the same dates, but we didn't go to a park that Saturday. I do remember things picking up in the resorts with a lot of people checking in, but don't have anything park wise to compare to.

Thanks for any advise!

Odds of it closing those dates are less than .0001%
Even the week between Chrismas and New Years only matter if you are buying one-day tickets at the gate, with no on-site reservation or even ADR.

Awesome! That's what I was thinking, but for some reason the anxiety was starting to kick in today when I was reviewing our plans and complaining that four days is just not enough time. LOL

We are there 12/18-12/24 this year also and been twice around the same time. There shouldn’t be an issue with 12/22. The last time we were there mk was close at 1 on 12/24 but we were able to get back in the park around dinner for our adr.

The only Capacity issues might be in Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Eve. if you'd like to feel safer, just place an ADR on any restaurant. If they by any chance go on stage closure, that reservation will still allow you inside. Stage 2 closure or further I would say EXTREMELY unlikely for those dates...

Going December 19th to December 23rd. The Saturday, December 22nd, we are hopping from EP to MK around noon. Is this a bad idea? Do I need to worry about the park being closed to capacity at all? The last time I was at Disney for Christmas was in 2007 and it's funny that we are going pretty much the same dates, but we didn't go to a park that Saturday. I do remember things picking up in the resorts with a lot of people checking in, but don't have anything park wise to compare to.

Thanks for any advise!

No fears of closing, but it will be VERY crowded. The afternoon parade becomes the Christmas parade on that date, so you may want to hop a little earlier if you want to see the parade.

No fears of closing, but it will be VERY crowded. The afternoon parade becomes the Christmas parade on that date, so you may want to hop a little earlier if you want to see the parade.
Or if you need to get past the parade route for any reason consider you'll need extra time (don't cut it close for a FP at say, Splash or 7D at parade time)

Or if you need to get past the parade route for any reason consider you'll need extra time (don't cut it close for a FP at say, Splash or 7D at parade time)

I made a reservation at Tony's as part of the parade package so I'll be at the 3:30 parade, but thanks for the reminder that there will be that noon parade going on while I'm getting into the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter