Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

I need to figure out pants. My crazy fun LuLaRoe leggings will match nothing but plain shirts haha. Thy are wild but soooo comfy.

I live in yoga pants. I may need to buy a few new pairs that aren't so long and well worn haha. I have plenty of yoga capris but I get cold easily. Hmmmm...

I recently bought a pair of red corduroy pants from lands end on clearance for $9. I adore them, and could wear a red top for a mickey feel. But they aren't super comfy so I don't want to wear them all day in the parks. Dangit!

I need to figure out pants. My crazy fun LuLaRoe leggings will match nothing but plain shirts haha. Thy are wild but soooo comfy.

I live in yoga pants. I may need to buy a few new pairs that aren't so long and well worn haha. I have plenty of yoga capris but I get cold easily. Hmmmm...

I recently bought a pair of red corduroy pants from lands end on clearance for $9. I adore them, and could wear a red top for a mickey feel. But they aren't super comfy so I don't want to wear them all day in the parks. Dangit!

I wear Old Navy leggings most of the time. But they kind of require unisex t-shirt-length tops to not look awkward; for shorter tops I pretty much have to wear jeans.

What kind of tops are you guys planning on packing? I have a bunch of long sleeve shirts from when went in February, but I'm afraid I'm going to be hot. I started looking at tank tops but will that be too cold? I'm so undecided :)
I was going to ask this same question! I bought a bunch of short sleeved tees, thinking we would all bring a fleece jacket or something for chilly nights. Now, I'm worried it may be too cold.... We've never been past very early November.

I was going to ask this same question! I bought a bunch of short sleeved tees, thinking we would all bring a fleece jacket or something for chilly nights. Now, I'm worried it may be too cold.... We've never been past very early November.

Same! Last year was Halloween week and it was roasting hot. I'm nervous about weather! Being from MI we can handle cold but I'd rather not in Disney :beach:

I'm thinking I'll be bringing s/s tops, some light jackets and capris & jeans. Last year we went at the end of September, but it was still pretty hot...I'm thinking that since we'll be going 2 months later this year it will be cooler!

I'm thinking I'll be bringing s/s tops, some light jackets and capris & jeans. Last year we went at the end of September, but it was still pretty hot...I'm thinking that since we'll be going 2 months later this year it will be cooler!
I've been in Sept and in Dec. They were night and day different.

Sept was hot. We were in the pool almost every day. I wore capris and short sleeves and I was still hot.

Dec was cool. It got slightly warm around noon and by dinnertime, I needed a jacket or sweatshirt. We also brought gloves. And we used them every night. We got in the pool once.

My plan is to check the weather right before we go. That way I will know how cool it will be.

Ok lets talk packing tips - anyone have any smart random items you brought that was a must? Or other ideas?

I'm bored and not feeling all that well today - keep me occupied :sunny:
Have you done the pack your kids clothes in individual ziplock bags. That way you just pullout and outfit and go?

I've been in Sept and in Dec. They were night and day different.

Sept was hot. We were in the pool almost every day. I wore capris and short sleeves and I was still hot.

Dec was cool. It got slightly warm around noon and by dinnertime, I needed a jacket or sweatshirt. We also brought gloves. And we used them every night. We got in the pool once.

My plan is to check the weather right before we go. That way I will know how cool it will be.
Good Idea!! 70s & 80s is perfect for me...I'm not a fan of being too hot lol.

We went the week before Thanksgiving a few years ago and it was 70s during the day and then went down to around 60 which felt cold with any wind. We did tshirt Capris with sweatshirt at night.

We went the week before Thanksgiving a few years ago and it was 70s during the day and then went down to around 60 which felt cold with any wind. We did tshirt Capris with sweatshirt at night.
Was just going to say this same thing. Absolutely fine to wear tshirt and shorts during the day and be plenty warm. For us Boston folks, 60s was warm at night so shorts and hoodie worked for us :)

Cowboy boots???!:crutches:<--- me after wearing cowboy boots at Disney!!
My cowboy boots are one of my most comfortable shoes. I wore them in Chicago on the magnificent mile shopping the day prior to the marathon. People were very amused at the cowgirl on Michigan ave. I wore flip flops the year prior and thought I was going to die marathon day. 26.2 miles with new blisters + record breaking heat= pain beyond belief.

I ordered 25 random pins on eBay for DS7to trade and they came today - we got some really cool ones! A few are duplicates that we traded for in the park last year, and the Bernard and figment ones I'm totally keeping :) The Darth Goofy and the rebel symbol he is definitely going to love!

unnamed.jpg

Have you done the pack your kids clothes in individual ziplock bags. That way you just pullout and outfit and go?
I did that with my daughter back when she wore matching bows! It is super easy. Now that they're bigger and aren't so matchy-matchy I use packing cubes. This will be the longest trip I've used them for, I'm hoping the color coordination will help keep things organized.

This is the best tip ever! I can still fit all 4 of my kids clothes in a gallon ziploc, with the outfits rolled together. Plus it helps DH when he helps gets the kids dressed.

I also bring a hanging shelf organizer to put clothes in. Also I bring an over the door shoe holder to put granola bars in so the kids can grab as needed. As far as park day snacks, before I leave home I pack a days worth each into gallon ziplocs. The night before park day I just grab a bag and put in backpack. All the leftovers get dumped into a Tupperware tub at the end of the trip.

Y'all have me worried about clothes...we went the last 2 September's and I wore tank tops and gym shorts every day because I like to be comfy, and a day at Disney with 4 kids is like a never ending workout! I was hoping I could get away with the same thing but with sweatshirt in the morning. Sounds like I'm going to need some warmer stuff after the sun goes down.

I ordered 25 random pins on eBay for DS7to trade and they came today - we got some really cool ones! A few are duplicates that we traded for in the park last year, and the Bernard and figment ones I'm totally keeping :) The Darth Goofy and the rebel symbol he is definitely going to love!

View attachment 197827
Nice lot!

My kids are totally excited about trading too. I got my boys a nice lot of Star Wars and Marvel pins off of ebay and let them decide how to divvy them up. They ended up fighting over a Star Wars pin that looked like this, of all things -

Neither of them could tell you what it is (it's some sort of Republic navy symbol). DS5 wanted it because it's a circle, DS11 wanted it because DS5 did. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter