Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

:guilty:I don't think I could get my family to wear custom shirts. I did buy a Mickey shirt for my DH and a Minnie shirt for me. The rest of our family will probably think that is going too far. No fun!!!

They aren't customized with our names or anything so I didn't take things too far. They are custom designs from some shirt designers I found on Instagram that have big followings amongst us Disney nuts. We will be wearing some matching designs though. I'll post a few of them when I get the chance :)

Speaking of custom shirts, I could not find any cheap enough :( (DH basically said we can spend it on something else...) But I do want to coordinate colors one day (MVMCP hopefully)! What would you guys suggest? (So sad I don't have a daughter to wear matching dresses with... :P)

Last time I was there in December I packed short sleeved shirts/t-shirts. And I had a couple of sweatshirts for in the evening.

Hubby and I have a fleece pullover, mine with Minnie, his with Mickey, that we wear at night. And yes, they have our names on them. So, yes, we are those people.

Edit to add: I also wore pants the entire trip. No shorts.

Last time I was there in December I packed short sleeved shirts/t-shirts. And I had a couple of sweatshirts for in the evening.

Hubby and I have a fleece pullover, mine with Minnie, his with Mickey, that we wear at night. And yes, they have our names on them. So, yes, we are those people.

Edit to add: I also wore pants the entire trip. No shorts.
I was definitely planning on pants. We are those people too! My two year old has a shirt for everyday with his monogram on it. I haven't tried to convince my mil to wear a matching shirt yet for the party night, but dh is game. He got jealous last year when he saw all my Disney shirts I had bought to wear on the trip.

I was definitely planning on pants. We are those people too! My two year old has a shirt for everyday with his monogram on it. I haven't tried to convince my mil to wear a matching shirt yet for the party night, but dh is game. He got jealous last year when he saw all my Disney shirts I had bought to wear on the trip.
My husband is great with that.

His response? "Just tell me what to wear when." We might even be doing some Disney bounding this trip.

My husband is great with that.

His response? "Just tell me what to wear when." We might even be doing some Disney bounding this trip.

My DH almost said the same. But he is a little picky with clothes, so I will clear things with him before ordering. But I think he's OK with something being maybe a little "corny" since we're at disney.

Oh and I keep telling him that he has to take more than just cowboy boots to wear and he wasn't happy with that!

My DH almost said the same. But he is a little picky with clothes, so I will clear things with him before ordering. But I think he's OK with something being maybe a little "corny" since we're at disney.

Oh and I keep telling him that he has to take more than just cowboy boots to wear and he wasn't happy with that!
i can't imagine all day in boots! But in a wuss :)

My husband is great with it. He is the one who got me into Disney as an adult. We wore the matching bride and groom mouse ears at our Jack & Jill shower. We've had the "Ill be your Mickey" and "Ill be your Minnie" Disney shirts for years. Our house also has LOTS of Disney. Currently, we are working on the Lego Cinderella Castle. Like I said before, we are grown children :earsgirl::earsboy:

Cowboy boots???!:crutches:<--- me after wearing cowboy boots at Disney!!

:lmao:Same here! I told him we are going to go walk just 5 miles at the park this weekend and he can wear the boots and see how he feels! He keeps telling me he doesn't need to walk with me becuase he's on his feet all day at work. I just don't think he understands...

I'm planning on tshirts and a hoodie or cardigan if needed. I mostly love my yoga capris (so fashionable, right??) for comfort. I will throw in some shorts and leggings too depending on how warm it will be.

I have to go through our Disney shirts and see what else I want. Definitely want a holiday shirt this year. Maybe Walmart will have them after Halloween?

I'm planning on tshirts and a hoodie or cardigan if needed. I mostly love my yoga capris (so fashionable, right??) for comfort. I will throw in some shorts and leggings too depending on how warm it will be.

I have to go through our Disney shirts and see what else I want. Definitely want a holiday shirt this year. Maybe Walmart will have them after Halloween?
I got a shirt with Mickey wearing a Santa Hat at Old Navy last year so BOLO.

Speaking of custom shirts, I could not find any cheap enough :( (DH basically said we can spend it on something else...) But I do want to coordinate colors one day (MVMCP hopefully)! What would you guys suggest? (So sad I don't have a daughter to wear matching dresses with... :P)
Could you get some blank shirts all the same color at Hobby Lobby or wherever, and maybe do a simple freezer paper stencil? Maybe a mickey jack-o-lantern? Or an iron-on that you printed yourself?

Last time I got coordinating iron-ons and we had one day where we all matched. DH is a pretty good sport. This time we have so many Disney shirts we're not going to coordinate at all. I am trying to put together sweatshirts with matching iron-ons but the colors are all different.

Are you planning to do SDFPs (same day fast passes) at all? If so, I think you are pretty safe to make PM FPs this day and SDFP stuff at AK when you get there in the morning. You just might have to be more flexible with what times you get for things in AK based on availability.

Honestly I haven't even thought about it yet! Definitely a consideration!

Also I'll bring gel clings for the windows - the boys enjoyed putting them up last year while we unpacked.

My DH will think it's ridiculous decorating for Christmas but I'm tempted to bring a string of light too. The boys would love it!

I'm doing the decorating thing too! Can't wait to go back and poke around those idea threads! Gotta remember the suction cups!!

What about buying an Iron-on from Etsy and then just buy plain t shirts at Walmart or a craft store? I bought an iron-on for my daughter's birthday and it came out great...I have even washed & dried it and it still looks like something you would pay $$$ for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter