Week after New Year's or end of May

tng123

Mouseketeer
We would like our next trip to be while the kids are off school. That really limits us -but am looking at arriving a couple days after New Year's. Is it still crazy then?? Would arrive on Jan 3rd and stay 6 nights. Otherwise it would have to be near the end of May. Not sure what the difference in crowds would be between those two, but I know we would enjoy the cooler temp of Jan.

End of May will probably be less crowded. According to crowd calendars this year, due to the Monday Christmas, many school districts don't reopen until Jan 8th, so crowds are not expected to lighten up until the 7th.

https://**************.net/2017/05/29/disney-world-crowds-christmas-2017-and-new-years-20172018/

We went that time in 2016 and thought it was great except for MK. That park packed fast. Waits were over an hour for the mountains, close to two for SDMT. Weather was nice enough for t-shirt/jeans during the day and a sweatshirt at night but we did get a little pool time in. Overall we really enjoyed it. Just be aware of marathon activities/transportation changes. Also with fastpasses and some patience we made MK work just fyi :) Just surprised me.

We went in May one year and the heat was terrible...I'd rather deal with crowds. But my husband would rather deal with heat over crowds!

We went one year in mid May and while the crowds were manageable, the heat made us leave the parks every afternoon for some rest and pool time. It was a beautiful week with blue sky and gardens blooming, but we definitely did feel the heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter