Week after Columbus Day

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
I want to go ahead and book for October 2018. Was thinking about going October 8-12, but October 8th is Columbus Day. Kenny The Pirate crowd calendar labels that week as "insane" but other crowd calendars don't seem to acknowledge Columbus Day crowds much at all. So, now I'm debating between October 1-5 and October 8-12. Thoughts?

My Oct advice to all is to avoid Columbus Day, the weekend prior and the day after. In our experience 2 days after CD things get back to normal.

Bill From PA

I've noticed there are lots of school districts that are on fall break that week. That's when we usually go, but opted for the Christmas insanity instead.

Agree we have gone that week 3 times, each time it has gotten more crowded. October is not the secret it was in the past.

We arrive the day after Columbus Day this year so I'll let you know how it goes. I don't particularly care if it will be crazy, I'm going to Disney! ;) I think as long as you have a good plan you will still have fun. Last time I went was Thanksgiving 2015, it was very crowded and I had to manage 3 very small children plus my parents... We still got a ton done and had a good time. The only time I would personally shy from is Christmas and New Years... my most favorite visit was Super Bowl 2009, parks were practically empty... but I think those days are long gone.

October has been our go to for the past 3 years, typically towards the end of the month though. I do agree that it seems to get a little more crowded every year.

We arrive the day after Columbus Day this year so I'll let you know how it goes. I don't particularly care if it will be crazy, I'm going to Disney! ;) I think as long as you have a good plan you will still have fun. Last time I went was Thanksgiving 2015, it was very crowded and I had to manage 3 very small children plus my parents... We still got a ton done and had a good time. The only time I would personally shy from is Christmas and New Years... my most favorite visit was Super Bowl 2009, parks were practically empty... but I think those days are long gone.
I agree with this so much!! We went over Easter break this past year and although it was really crowded we had a blast. We went in with a plan and an understanding that the crowds might change our plan and we had a great trip!!

One of our best trips was one where we arrived Columbus day. I thought the crowds were lower than the first week of DEcember. THis was several years ago though....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter