Wedge-it Door holder

If anyone happens to be ar AK Lodge Dec 13 and needs this let me know. Very handy! If not Ill leave at desk for them to loan out or whatever :)
Please share a photo and where you purchased it. I tried the floor wedge but the door was too heavy.

Please share a photo and where you purchased it. I tried the floor wedge but the door was too heavy.

This post from @Euby has a picture of the Wedge-It as well as a link to a video showing how it works. I bought my green Wedge-It on Amazon, there are several colors available.
My past several trips to Disney have been solo and using an ECV. I tried several different typical (under the door) door stops, but none seemed to work very well. The doors at Disney are heavy (fire-safety) doors. Then I came across this type of door stop (see photo). It works great! I pull up to my room door, open the door, put the wedge over the middle hinge, and drive through the open door.

View attachment 464744

It's available on Amazon in a variety of colors. I've also added a video showing how it works. Wedge-It Demo

This post from @Euby has a picture of the Wedge-It as well as a link to a video showing how it works. I bought my green Wedge-It on Amazon, there are several colors available.
I just looked on Amazon. One of the reviews showed a video that showed the product could not hold open the door. But I appreciate the suggestion. 😁

Maybe the person didn’t use the product correctly. The door kept closing.

It did NOT work on the floor with the super heavy BWV doors. I had to wedge it in the door jam (as pictured in my post on the other thread).

I have yet to find a door that my Wedge-it won’t hold - if I slide it over the middle hinge as demonstrated by Wedge-it.

@Mousetopia I hope you had a lovely time at AKL! We have a working reservation there now for some post-holiday stress relief (less Parks, more shopping/dining/Adult Beverages LOL) so I would love to hear more about your trip!

I have yet to find a door that my Wedge-it won’t hold - if I slide it over the middle hinge as demonstrated by Wedge-it.

@Mousetopia I hope you had a lovely time at AKL! We have a working reservation there now for some post-holiday stress relief (less Parks, more shopping/dining/Adult Beverages LOL) so I would love to hear more about your trip!
I am at Disney now! Ill post about how it all went ! ..All great so far. I just wanted to offer to give the wedge to someone here as it has been handy! I head for AKL Friday. The wedge made solo door open a breeze.

It looks really interesting, but I'm still of two minds about it. My biggest problem is getting the door opened wide enough in the first place - once I've pushed through that far I can just go the rest of the way through and it doesn't matter if the door shuts behind me. And it looks like you'd have to go all the way back out to get the Wedge-It back out of the door, at which point the purpose would be defeated.

However, I'm only basing this on what I can see in pictures, as I haven't tried it in person. Maybe there's some feature to it I'm missing.

It looks really interesting, but I'm still of two minds about it. My biggest problem is getting the door opened wide enough in the first place - once I've pushed through that far I can just go the rest of the way through and it doesn't matter if the door shuts behind me. And it looks like you'd have to go all the way back out to get the Wedge-It back out of the door, at which point the purpose would be defeated.

However, I'm only basing this on what I can see in pictures, as I haven't tried it in person. Maybe there's some feature to it I'm missing.

Without something to hold the door open, it will be trying to close against you or, if using an ECV, the ECV. If a human, not usually so much as a problem as you can push against it to keep it away. But for an ECV, IME it means the ECV is going to at the least brush against or in the worst downright scrape against the door, potentially causing damage to one and/or the other. Having the door held fully open with a wedge of some kind can often avoid that problem.

It did NOT work on the floor with the super heavy BWV doors. I had to wedge it in the door jam (as pictured in my post on the other thread).

Whenever we have visited WDW and had Bell Services deliver our bags to our room, they have always used one of the old school brown rubber door wedges and they also put it in the door jam above the middle hinge, not on the floor.

Without something to hold the door open, it will be trying to close against you or, if using an ECV, the ECV. If a human, not usually so much as a problem as you can push against it to keep it away. But for an ECV, IME it means the ECV is going to at the least brush against or in the worst downright scrape against the door, potentially causing damage to one and/or the other. Having the door held fully open with a wedge of some kind can often avoid that problem.
Right, I get that, but to get the door far enough open to put the wedge in, you already have to brush or scrape your ECV against the door. By the time you're that far in, the worst is over. And you'd have to back back out of the door to remove the wedge. (Unless you have preternaturally long arms or something.)

Right, I get that, but to get the door far enough open to put the wedge in, you already have to brush or scrape your ECV against the door. By the time you're that far in, the worst is over. And you'd have to back back out of the door to remove the wedge. (Unless you have preternaturally long arms or something.)

If you don't have enough mobility to briefly not use the ECV while wrangling the door and don't have someone else to help, yes.

I can get out of the ECV and wedge the door open and then remove the wedge once I’m inside. If you can’t do that you’ll need help.

I must’ve been confusing the Wedge-it with some other product I’ve heard discussed, that you’re supposed to be able to use from a seated position.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter