wedding plans on hold :(

Hi Mrsdisneyb2b,

Welcome and Congratulations!!!

I am the one who posted questions about catholic ceremonies. I am truly sorry I worried you. I hope you and your DF find the solution that is right for you with less drama than we are dealing with.

Like Disneyfairy19 said, Rev. Jack Day, as well as Rev. Kevin Knox, Rev. Tim Herring and a few others on Disney's Recommended Officiant list do perform religious ceremonies. They are fully recognized as "real" marriages by the vast majority of protestant churches and they are legal. It is just that the roman catholic church doesn't recognize it as a "real" or "valid" marriage. But several brides on this board have had a catholic marriage blessing inside a catholic church after their Disney wedding. Some may have even had a second full catholic wedding mass before or after the Disney wedding. By doing that, your marriage will be considered "real" and "valid" by the catholic church.

So you shouldn't worry, you can do both!! Our problem is that we don't want to have a catholic blessing or mass at all, at any point, but my DF's parents want us to. And since we aren't going to most of our Roman Catholic Disney wedding guests ended up declining our invitation after saying they would come.

You should talk to your priest and see what options you have. :flower3:

Thats okay. We have decided that we honestly don't want problems... the problem being both of us work for catholic organizations....

But, I have come to realize that no matter what, I know in my heart we are happy and we do not need the big church wedding to prove it to friends and family...

Maybe for those who didnt come to the disney wedding we will have them come to the catholic marriage blessing... what is it exactly? Do you have a procession into the church like the wedding?

Welcome to the Planning frenzy we call home! :welcome:

I just came across your PJ after you posted in mine! Your wedding will be amazing! I love the theming and your favors. You've got so much more done than I do!

DH and I are Catholic too. We however are just doing a Vow Renewal. We were married in the catholic church. But as you posted earlier, I was one of those pregnant brides. DH and I had been together for 3 1/2 years before that happened and our wedding was only 5 months later, so we didn't even move it up any. I still think we're "good" people. :cloud9:

I just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to reading more planning. I think your wedding is going to be just wonderful!:hug:

[/QUOTE]I was one of those pregnant brides. DH and I had been together for 3 1/2 years before that happened and our wedding was only 5 months later, so we didn't even move it up any. I still think we're "good" people. :cloud9:

I just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to reading more planning. I think your wedding is going to be just wonderful!:hug:[/QUOTE]

See thats what I mean :) Just because you do something out of church standards who is the church to say that you are not a good person??

I am so excited to start my life with fh though!!! Im glad you are looking forward to my pj! I am too!!

Did everyone have an engagement party?
Okay so, here are some of the Engagement party things
We decided to go with the theme "Life Is Sweet" and have cupcake towers as centerpieces, cupcake cookie favors etc...

Here are the DIY little thank you hang tags I designed. They are 2'' by 2'', very small but I am going to use a small hole punch and put the elastic on them... saved alot of money by doing these as well :)
PICT0104.jpg

PICT0105.jpg

and some in yellow but you get the idea :)

So, I spent the day yesterday cutting 2 inch pieces of blue, brown, and baby colored paper (for the monogram pieces). FH managed to get color samples from work and they worked wonderful, however... my arms feeling a but sore :rotfl: anything to save a buck!

So last night I started working on petal cones! For anyone who is interested I can send the template your way!

So last night I started working on petal cones! For anyone who is interested I can send the template your way!

I would love your template- I have been working on printing our monogram on the paper and am having trouble getting it right (I am WORD challenged) I was going to improvise!
I will pm you my email address:goodvibes :goodvibes

Everything sounds so incredible! I LOVE the ornaments. I haven't seen them before. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Here are my petal cones
I started by cutting out the circle
PICT0092.jpg

and then i just folded them, left the monogram in the inside. I think it came out nice....
PICT0093.jpg

very nice. Your monogram looks very pretty.... I thought about using the inside but opted for the outside. have fun with your plans and projects.:goodvibes

very nice. Your monogram looks very pretty.... I thought about using the inside but opted for the outside. have fun with your plans and projects.:goodvibes

thank you! I had alot of fun last night getting the e-party things ready..

now we just need to make it official lol

*Great Name* ;)

Your Petal cones are so cute! I love your theme, Tea by the Sea is so cute and original! i'm loving your PJ so far, can't wait to follow along!

Congratulations!!

Jennifer

Aww thank you!! lol....

We really wanted it to be as us as possible.... and tea... and the beach...relly is OUR thing... so we tried our best. And when we found the lenox tea cups... we knew we had to do it!

This week has been filled with anxiety! DF and I have finally started talking about what he wants, and so be it...the man wants a Breakfast Buffet! Fine with me! I don't like much other food other than eggs and waffels (I think I would live on them for breakfast lunch and dinner if I could...probably get amillion different waffle irons and make them in all different shapes...but then again, who has time to make one? haha)

So, as of now, since we are still on "Officially engaged" I still can not even book my visit to the Franchs! See, df wants to make the real "engagement" (Not the marry me with a orange juice container ring) a surprise and he said it would be before we go to DIsney and so, I can't know when we are going because then I would figure out when we are getting engaged (hmm make sense?)

Anyway... So, I am positive that he is set on the attic (As am I) At first I was saying I wanted a ballroom but with the little amount ofguests we are going to have, I say... attic it is... until we go for the site visit and see what else is out there. I hear Ariels Grotto is beachy and he may want that..

So, my diys are comming out nice and yet, with work on top of work, I had to stop. I was told that the Board Of Ed wants me to speak at the NYCATE conference on May 16,17 and show the world what I have my children do... (If you are bored and want to see its www.region7blogs.com/communities/dowd) Now, I love being around kids but when it comes to speaking to adults (hence the destination tiny wedding) I panic. So, this week was spent fixing everything up and trying to figure out what to do...

Oh boy... I just wish I could book already!!!!!!!!!!!

April 19, 2008

So, as everyone said "You cant make everyone happy" But what if its someone who means alot to you? My Aunt has a way of controlling everything that has to do with parties. We do not speak to any of the family on my dad's side and I have NEVER met them...so I never even thought of inviting them to the engagement party (let alone the wedding!!!!) My mother told me yesterday, again, Aunt B said "Well shes not inviting anyone from our side?" And my mom responded with "Who besides you and your brother does she know?"...and she got mad. I mean, Why am I going to invite people to a wedding and e-party when I do not knowthem, and I am cutting people off my list as it is who I DO know?
For someone as "Upscale" as my aunt, the way she acts is completely rediculous. She acts like alittle kid at times!
But yet, I still find myself worried that she will be upset and make a big deal and she will be the reason we cancel this disney wedding. She gets into these moods where the earth must revolve around her and if it doesnt she brings everyone down. I don't know what else I am supposed to do when it comes to these things because, well, I didnt think she would be the problem...

So, there is my newest dilemma. Is she going to make me invite and pay for more guests? grr

Your petal cones turned out very well and your ornaments are very cute. I hope your aunt comes around and it is your day so invite who you want! :goodvibes

This week has been filled with anxiety! DF and I have finally started talking about what he wants, and so be it...the man wants a Breakfast Buffet! Fine with me! I don't like much other food other than eggs and waffels (I think I would live on them for breakfast lunch and dinner if I could...probably get amillion different waffle irons and make them in all different shapes...but then again, who has time to make one? haha)

So, as of now, since we are still on "Officially engaged" I still can not even book my visit to the Franchs! See, df wants to make the real "engagement" (Not the marry me with a orange juice container ring) a surprise and he said it would be before we go to DIsney and so, I can't know when we are going because then I would figure out when we are getting engaged (hmm make sense?)

Anyway... So, I am positive that he is set on the attic (As am I) At first I was saying I wanted a ballroom but with the little amount ofguests we are going to have, I say... attic it is... until we go for the site visit and see what else is out there. I hear Ariels Grotto is beachy and he may want that..

So, my diys are comming out nice and yet, with work on top of work, I had to stop. I was told that the Board Of Ed wants me to speak at the NYCATE conference on May 16,17 and show the world what I have my children do... (If you are bored and want to see its www.region7blogs.com/communities/dowd) Now, I love being around kids but when it comes to speaking to adults (hence the destination tiny wedding) I panic. So, this week was spent fixing everything up and trying to figure out what to do...

Oh boy... I just wish I could book already!!!!!!!!!!!

April 19, 2008

So, as everyone said "You cant make everyone happy" But what if its someone who means alot to you? My Aunt has a way of controlling everything that has to do with parties. We do not speak to any of the family on my dad's side and I have NEVER met them...so I never even thought of inviting them to the engagement party (let alone the wedding!!!!) My mother told me yesterday, again, Aunt B said "Well shes not inviting anyone from our side?" And my mom responded with "Who besides you and your brother does she know?"...and she got mad. I mean, Why am I going to invite people to a wedding and e-party when I do not knowthem, and I am cutting people off my list as it is who I DO know?
When she first heard that we wanted a dsiney wedding she said...and I quote "Im not going to that thats stupid". After my mom jumped down her throat she changed her tune, "Thats your God Daughter and you wont go to her wedding?".
For someone as "Upscale" as my aunt, the way she acts is completely rediculous. She acts like alittle kid at times!
But yet, I still find myself worried that she will be upset and make a big deal and she will be the reason we cancel this disney wedding. She gets into these moods where the earth must revolve around her and if it doesnt she brings everyone down. I don't know what else I am supposed to do when it comes to these things because, well, I didnt think she would be the problem...

So, there is my newest dilemma. Is she going to make me invite and pay for more guests? grr

In regrads to the last part. I think every single Disney Bride has dealt with someone who doesn't agree or get it. So you are definatly not alone. In the end it's your wedding and I hope an Aunt doesn't make you give up your dreams!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter