• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wedding At Castaway Cay?

MOCHAGIRL2

Earning My Ears
I havent seen anyone talk about a wedding at Castaway Cay or on the DCL, and was wondering???
This is a second marriage for myself and my fiance. We would like a small, intimate wedding and thought a cruise would be great! I want my immediate family, my ds's and his imm:love: ediate family. Has anyone had a wedding on the DCL? Any thoughts or suggestions?

I am not too familiar with the process but if you haven't checked it out here is the link to information Disney has on it's website.

http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/site/wed/cru/start/index.jsp

The one thing I do know is that you are actually married before boarding the ship in the cruise terminal, not at the actual ceremony because you won't technically be in the US. Have fun planning.

I am confused. I was told that the captain of the ship is not a qualified person to marry you? Also, whats the point of having to get married before you board the ship, then have a beautiful ceramony somewhere else?? Am I confused about the info I'm getting, or have I not had my quota of coffee this morning??

I must not of had enough coffee, I spelled ceremony wrong! Thanks for the info on the web sites to check out. I have read some of the info and I think I'm more confused???

The captain is qualified to marry you (not all sea captains are but the Disney ones can) and you can be married at sea or at Castaway Cay. According to my Birnbaum cruise book just call 407-828-3400 and they can help you out!

Thanks for the help, I am going to get the Birnbaum book to do some research.
Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter