Wedding advice!

Minnie_Mouse26

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum, so please bare with me :)

I am in two minds of where to get married at the moment, whilst I love the idea of a Disney wedding, I also want a big wedding/blessing here in the UK so all the guests that can't make Disney are able to come too (especially elderly grandparents).

I feel as though I'd get so much more for our money doing it here, but obviously won't have the fantastic photos in front of the castle etc.

My Fiancé loves the idea of Disney because he loves the fact all our family will be there for us and all get to experience disney. He is worried that by just having it in the UK, it is only a day and night, whereas in Disney it is a whole holiday also.

Im worried that by having it in Disney, due to costs I won't be able to have the day I truly want as we simply won't be able to afford d it all :(

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks, Hayley.

Have you crunched the numbers? What is your budget? You need to see what your dream wedding would be in Disney versus UK. I got married at WDW in 2001. I wasn't hesitant about it, but I knew going forward that it would be an expense for my guests (air, hotel, etc.). And most of my guests only flew from NJ to Florida. Then you have to decide if you would be terribly upset if some of your guests were not able to attend, especially grandparents. On your list of priorities, how high is it? I was kind of the opposite when planning/thinking about my wedding. I was living in California at the time, but me and my husband grew up in NJ. So we had a NJ wedding planned. Booked the venue, etc. Flew home to finalize some things...flowers, food, etc. My husband and I went to venue with my sister and my mother. Sitting at the table and my sister kept talking about theme, flowers, everything should coordinate, etc. Then my Mom with flowers, guest list, etc. My husband took one look at me and asked if I wanted to go for a walk. Went for walk on beach and he asked me what was wrong. I wasn't mad at my sister or mother, they were being nice and trying to be helpful but also at that time my guest list was getting out of control. I wanted a wedding of 80 -100 people and the guest list was almost double that by then. I told my husband I didn't want to do this. He thought get married, but no, I didn't want all that wedding stuff and getting out of control. We canceled the NJ wedding. Headed back to my parents house and my neighbor came over to say goodbye, we were returning to California. She told me she just got back from a wedding at Disney and BINGO, we had an idea. Of course my husband was all for it. I wanted a much smaller wedding, something more intimate. It wasn't as important to me to have everyone there, but that's just me.

Just wanted to add that perhaps you can get married in UK and honeymoon in Disney? I believe you can get photos done in front of castle even if not married there. Perhaps someone who knows for sure will ring in. I had a castle photo shoot two days after my wedding. It's done very early in the morning, like 5 a.m. I had to be there.

Let us know what all you are looking for in a wedding, and we can help you figure out what's affordable. I got WAY more for my money in Florida than I would have in California.

You can also check out my interviews with other UK brides who were married at Disney here: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/category/uk-brides/

You can definitely still do the photos in park at WDW even if you're not married at Disney at this point in time, so you could still have that potentially even if you do a UK wedding!

I'm from the UK getting married in Disney.

I think you get more from your money at Disney, than you would at home.

I understand you wanting everyone to be there, I was the opposite though, I didn't really want many people there. Which made my decision very easy!

I also get where your Fiancé is coming from! I'm obv most excited about the wedding but I'm also really excited about going to Disney with my family. Something we never could afford growing up. :D

More people would have come to our wedding if I had it at home. We could have easily doubled the amount of people who would come. Plus getting married in NJ is just expensive for where we were looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter