Website enhancement announcements on payments - CC for auto dues payments?

We've always paid our dues with my visa. Never done it differently since 2005. I pay the total every January..

When we spoke to Member Accounting on Friday, I asked a similar question (whether we could have our dues on autopay but pay some months with a CC) and the CM told me that we would have to pay whatever the total remaining balance was at that time, not just part of it. So it sounds like you could begin the year on autopay and use your GCs when you had enough to pay it off.

When we spoke to Member Accounting on Friday, I asked a similar question (whether we could have our dues on autopay but pay some months with a CC) and the CM told me that we would have to pay whatever the total remaining balance was at that time, not just part of it. So it sounds like you could begin the year on autopay and use your GCs when you had enough to pay it off.
Thank you for the information. This would work, too. I figure with the over $200 I will probably save on GC purchases due to cashback and fuel points, I would have enough extra at the end of the year to cover the remaining portion (i.e.--the increase in dues). If there's any left over from that, I could use it toward our trip. I just think having it set on autopay is smart, just in case something comes up. As long as there isn't a charge for autopay and as long as there is no penalty for paying it off early, I think I'll leave it as is.

Thank you for the information. This would work, too. I figure with the over $200 I will probably save on GC purchases due to cashback and fuel points, I would have enough extra at the end of the year to cover the remaining portion (i.e.--the increase in dues). If there's any left over from that, I could use it toward our trip. I just think having it set on autopay is smart, just in case something comes up. As long as there isn't a charge for autopay and as long as there is no penalty for paying it off early, I think I'll leave it as is.

I happened to just mess around with this, because we had some dues left for this year, and I had a pile of unused GCs sitting around as well as some funds on my DVA. I was able to make partial payments with GCs with no problem. We have 4 contracts. The website showed all 4 accounts, and I picked the account I wanted to pay. I could choose to PIF, partial payment or no payment. I did one gift card at a time, so I did partial payments on single accounts, PIF on multiple accounts, PIF on one account and partial on another, and finally just a PIF. They all worked fine.

After each payment, if I had reached the point where I had made a full monthly payment, it just changed the payment due date for that contract from Nov 15th to Dec 15th, and then to PIF. I really like this new system!

We auto pay our dues by CC annually and have done so for years.

I think it is just monthly dues where they won't use CC

I tried to pay the balance of the MF today and it isn't working. After going through the screens and entering all the information, once I hit submit to do the payment, the site came back and said that the function wasn't working. Does Disney have the worst IT or what!

Ok. I think I will have enough GCs saved up to pay my annual dues for next year. What I'm planning on doing is leaving everything on autopay and paying off early (before the first autopayment on January 15). That way my autopay will still be set up for 2018 in case I don't get enough GCs saved up next year. Will this work?

Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if we pay our annual dues all at once if there is savings involved? We currently do monthly payments.

Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if we pay our annual dues all at once if there is savings involved? We currently do monthly payments.

No savings to paying all at once. Total amount due is the same.

People pay it off all at once for varying reasons. I do it to avoid monthly debits to my checking account (I try to minimize the number of institutions I allow to do that) and to get the credit card rewards. I pay the credit card off before it's due. Otherwise, it would COST me money to put it on a credit card.

People pay it off all at once for varying reasons.

There have been so many gift card deals the last few years that it has been easy to save 10+% on annual dues. Before that, I was on the monthly draft plan.

There have been so many gift card deals the last few years that it has been easy to save 10+% on annual dues. Before that, I was on the monthly draft plan.
That's true, of course. But it doesn't change the amount that DVC charges for dues. DVC collects the same dollars over the course of the year no matter if a member pays monthly or annually. It doesn't discount for paying cash or charge more for paying monthly or with a credit card.

I also take advantage of the gift card deals, so end up paying the Disney Corporation less. I suspect the Disney corporation overall takes in less as the company that sells the Disney Gift Cards (like Target) certainly gets a percentage or fee for doing so (a portion of which they return to the gift card buyer in the form of a discount). :)

I bought gift cards over the past week to pay my dues at my grocery store (Giant Eagle). They had a 20 cent fuel perks deal. I have enough for 3 tanks of gas, worth about $110. Plus 1700 SW points.

For those of you who pay with either a CC or a Disney GC, how do you budget when annual dues increases aren't announced until late in the year? I'm set up on autopay right now, but I'm thinking of paying for at least one of my contracts upfront with Disney GCs. That will reduce my monthly autopay for next year. I'm thinking about taking the extra savings each month and buying more Disney GCs (getting fuel points and cashback) to pay for the dues next year, but I have no idea how much to actually put back. How do you know you won't come up short?

ETA--After thinking about it, I'm wondering if you are better leaving everything on autopay and then using however many GCs you've collected to pay on your dues in January. Then if there is any amount left over, using autopay to take care of it. A question I have about that is does paying some off early change the monthly payment?

I had no problem at first choosing the first contract and applying my Disney rewards. I then tried to pay the balance and at first I thought the submit link was not working. I had to click on pay balance for each contract and it finally showed my balance. I was able to click on the submit payment now but it won't take my security code :(. I guess I might have to call anyway.

For those of you with several gift cards, do you need to transfer the balances into one gift card or can you use several? I'm getting ready to try this out for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter