• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Web Slingers is moving to a standby queue

Whoa. Someone else reported having a long BG wait line on ROTR too. Is this the norm? I was thinking that the BG's were like FP access - a quick wait. If it's regularly not, it would be good to know ahead of joining the line. Do they give you an estimate of your wait when you join?

I can't speak for DL and Rise, but at WDW I recently did the BG for Ratatouille and we reported at our callback time to find an easily 30 minute line, if not longer. I didn't keep track, but it was long. It did move along at a good pace though and since everything was brand new, I didn't mind too much. Still, I would have expected to be reporting to a relatively short line, like an FP queue would have been. I did Rise at WDW in May, and while there was a short wait, it wasn't too long - the walk through the massive queue took longer than actually waiting a short time to enter the briefing room. This was when they were limiting how many people at a time and not seating parties together, but it was maybe 15 minutes tops, which was more in line with my expectations.

Pre Covid Rise wait times were typically borderline walk on. Post covid it’s typically around 15-30 minutes.

I can't speak for DL and Rise, but at WDW I recently did the BG for Ratatouille and we reported at our callback time to find an easily 30 minute line, if not longer. I didn't keep track, but it was long. It did move along at a good pace though and since everything was brand new, I didn't mind too much. Still, I would have expected to be reporting to a relatively short line, like an FP queue would have been. I did Rise at WDW in May, and while there was a short wait, it wasn't too long - the walk through the massive queue took longer than actually waiting a short time to enter the briefing room. This was when they were limiting how many people at a time and not seating parties together, but it was maybe 15 minutes tops, which was more in line with my expectations.
Webslingers can be 60+ minutes. Tip: Before getting in line, walk over to the queue and look at it. If the "holding pen" near the front and in the back corner is filled with people, you are looking at a LONG wait. If the line to enter the queue is stretched back to the entrance to Avenger's Campus, you are looking at a long wait. I wait to get in line until I see only the first "holding pen" is filled (the one closest to the door inside). Then you are looking at 5-15 minutes to the preshow.

Whoa. Someone else reported having a long BG wait line on ROTR too. Is this the norm? I was thinking that the BG's were like FP access - a quick wait. If it's regularly not, it would be good to know ahead of joining the line. Do they give you an estimate of your wait when you join?

They don't give you an estimate of the wait time. In general, if you get a boarding group number less than 20, you will be called in the first hour of ride opening in which case, your wait will be minimal. By 11AMish, the waits can get up to an hour.

A good rule of thumb is to look at the outside queue. For ROTR, if everybody is just walking up to the scanners, scanning in and then walking right into the building without a visible line, it's probably 20 minutes or less. If you see people waiting in line after the scanning station but no real line before the scanning station, the wait will like be 20+ minutes. If there is some line but it immediately turns into the scanning station without making U-turns, you're looking at 30+ minutes. If you see the line go past the scanning station towards Critter Country and loop back a bit over there, it's closer to 40+ minutes. If all of that queuing area is used up, the line is spilling out past the entrance of ROTR and they are even holding up a sign for the end of the line, it's going to be 50+ minutes. Obviously, the wait could get longer if there is a ride breakdown or something.

Web Slingers is harder to explain because they sometimes have a long line for the scanners going all the way to the entrance of Avengers Campus but don't use up all the queuing area after the scanners. My experience with Web Slingers Virtual Queue is that it fluctuates a lot more with random short wait times in the afternoon while ROTR tends to get long and then never dip back down to less than 20 minutes.

My current recommendation strat.
Racers at Rope Drop followed by Guardians.
Goal to be in Pixar Pier and on TSMM by 850am.

If you are okay with single riding Racers and or late to rope drop Racers, rope drop Guardians first then single ride Racers to be on TSMM by 850am.

In all scenarios wait until later in the day, after 3pm to ride Web Slingers. The line will die down once more people have ridden it throughout the day as the interest to ride again is not strong.

Special note... If Racers, Guardians, or WS is down in the morning the line for TSMM will be higher earlier in the morning.

Last edited:
My husband & I actually really enjoy Webslingers. Sure it’s not that different than Buzz & Toy Story Midway Mania but those are a couple of our favorite rides. This is good news in our eyes. It means on half our vacation days (the days we start at DCA) I can actually sleep in & save the early alarms for joining boarding groups for DL starting days. Then at noon we can focus on Rise boarding groups each day. Plus as someone that has to use DAS this means I can just grab a DAS return time for Webslingers and ride it each day of our trip.

Webslingers can be 60+ minutes. Tip: Before getting in line, walk over to the queue and look at it. If the "holding pen" near the front and in the back corner is filled with people, you are looking at a LONG wait. If the line to enter the queue is stretched back to the entrance to Avenger's Campus, you are looking at a long wait. I wait to get in line until I see only the first "holding pen" is filled (the one closest to the door inside). Then you are looking at 5-15 minutes to the preshow.
Excellent description of the wait estimation. We managed to split the difference when we were there in September. No line to enter the queue, but definitely people in the back “holding pen”. It wasn’t too bad and things were moving along, but the ride broke down for a bit. What probably would have been 30 minute wait turned into about 50 minutes. We were about ready to bail because we were afraid we’d be on the ride at noon when we needed to try for ROTR noon BG. Made it out with 6 minutes to spare and scored our next BG.

Got it. That makes sense. I might have thought to enter that way too.
Honestly, I’m surprised that DL doesn’t set it up that way, basically separating the RSR people from the WS people. They could have done it so WS & GotG go left, RSR goes straight, and Soarin, IC, TSMM go right. (I’m the guy who’s in favor of organization and signs… :))

I feel like DL rope drop is MUCH more obvious because of the layout.

Honestly, I’m surprised that DL doesn’t set it up that way, basically separating the RSR people from the WS people. They could have done it so WS & GotG go left, RSR goes straight, and Soarin, IC, TSMM go right. (I’m the guy who’s in favor of organization and signs… :))

I feel like DL rope drop is MUCH more obvious because of the layout.

But it's a lot closer to go to WS from the RSR rope than the GOTG rope. It's also closer to do Pixar Pier from the RSR rope than the Soarin rope. If they wanted to, they could put Web Slingers people where they used to put Extra Magic Hours and RSR/Pixar Pier as the current rope.

So, question for my DL folks. I have a trip for the 28th and 29th. The plan for day one was to Rope Drop CA so I could get a VQ for WEB, but now that it is no longer an issue, I am thinking about switching to DL to get Rise VQ instead. Day 2 we were going to do that anyway. Are WEB's wait times all that long that we could hop day 1 and ride it a bit later? I assume Rise from teh afternoon drop is out of the question on that day since it is still the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I expect it will be ratehr busy, but more manageable on Monday.

Thanks!

I road web slingers via standby on Saturday afternoon. I’m not sure how long I ended up waiting. It was a posted 75 min but the ride broke down twice while I was in line so if I had to guess I ended up waiting about 90 minutes. However if it hadn’t broke down it would have been about a 50/60 min wait for how the line was moving before/after the breakdown.

So, question for my DL folks. I have a trip for the 28th and 29th. The plan for day one was to Rope Drop CA so I could get a VQ for WEB, but now that it is no longer an issue, I am thinking about switching to DL to get Rise VQ instead. Day 2 we were going to do that anyway. Are WEB's wait times all that long that we could hop day 1 and ride it a bit later? I assume Rise from teh afternoon drop is out of the question on that day since it is still the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I expect it will be ratehr busy, but more manageable on Monday.

Thanks!

I took a slightly different approach. We got Park Hoppers....so in the mornings, we'd try for VQ for the first park....however, at the noon drop, since we could hop, one of us tried for DCA, and the other tried for DL. This is one of those cases where park hoppers were beneficial for us. :)

I took a slightly different approach. We got Park Hoppers....so in the mornings, we'd try for VQ for the first park....however, at the noon drop, since we could hop, one of us tried for DCA, and the other tried for DL. This is one of those cases where park hoppers were beneficial for us. :)

Oh, I do have hoppers. It's just now WEB doesn't need a VQ, so I eitehr try for Rise at noon, or just get it on day 2. I mean, originally I was prioritizing WEB because I have ridden Rise at WDW, but I wouldn't hate it if I did it twice. I am currently leaning toward exploring DCA that morning though regardless - my mom has never been and it's just us on day 1. Others are joining us on DAy 2, so we have DL as the reservation.

Oh, I do have hoppers. It's just now WEB doesn't need a VQ, so I eitehr try for Rise at noon, or just get it on day 2. I mean, originally I was prioritizing WEB because I have ridden Rise at WDW, but I wouldn't hate it if I did it twice. I am currently leaning toward exploring DCA that morning though regardless - my mom has never been and it's just us on day 1. Others are joining us on DAy 2, so we have DL as the reservation.

We really enjoyed Avengers Campus area. We spent more money than I like to admit in Batuu. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

We really enjoyed Avengers Campus area. We spent more money than I like to admit in Batuu. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yeah, I have done well with not spending too much at Galaxy's Edge. I will for sure like Avengers Campus too.

I am thinkign I will jsut stick with the original plan and rope-drop at DCA. If I can get Rise at 1the 1 PM drop, then great, if not we do it on day two.

In the first half of October both times we got a boarding group for WS it was a 30 to 40 minute wait. The first time we got to where we could see the vehicles after about 30 minutes and then the ride broke down and we were evacuated from the building-- we got a pass for later which was treated like a FP when returned. The other day we were line about 40 minutes after our boarding group was called. I would happily have waited 60 minutes in a standby line (and pre-covid we rarely waited 60 minutes for anything), to have avoided the whole virtual queue trying to get a boarding pass process- since I was going to have to wait 30-40 anyway.

ROTR, it probably depends on your boarding group and if the ride has been down at all that day. Our boarding group was called around 8:00 p.m. and we had an hour and 15 minute wait. The ride had been down for a little while in the afternoon. The wait isn't posted, but you can ask the CMs around and they can give you an idea of how long the wait might be.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have done well with not spending too much at Galaxy's Edge. I will for sure like Avengers Campus too.

I am thinkign I will jsut stick with the original plan and rope-drop at DCA. If I can get Rise at 1the 1 PM drop, then great, if not we do it on day two.

Based on your info, I think you have the best plan in place. We also rode Rise at WDW, so it wasn't critical for us to ride at DL park. Webslingers was a must do, and we got it on our first day with the VQ.

Based on your info, I think you have the best plan in place. We also rode Rise at WDW, so it wasn't critical for us to ride at DL park. Webslingers was a must do, and we got it on our first day with the VQ.

Good to hear. I know some have said mixed things about it, but I want to try it for myself. I never watch any videos before I ride something, so I know only very little about it. No spoilers!

I was there the 31st-5th last week so I experienced both VQ and standby for WEB. I much prefer VQ. Even though it’s a pain to get the VQ I only waited like 20-ish minutes in the middle of the day with it. I only did standby once besides Oogie Boogie Bash. With standby I waited 40 when the whole queue was full and stretching a little outside the queue. There were a lot of empty switchbacks outside the queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter