Web Slingers -- disappointed!

Wow - I’m surprised! I loved WebSlingers - happily paid for it twice for myself and husband when we were at DL in May. Midway Mania is my favorite ride at WDW.

My kids loved it, especially dd who got the highest score. I don't think I'll ever go on it again, though. The visuals disturbed my vision, I closed my eyes for part of it. I do think it's neat, but not really a head-liner. I'd rather see some kind of Loki ride in that space. Journeys through Asgard! :)

Just back from a 5 night trip (too long, as it turned out) trip the DLR. We had originally picked two start-in-DCA days, but after rope dropping + early entry-ing on one day, we moved the other DCA day to a DL day.

Web Slingers, which my Spiderman loving kiddo was really excited about was ... a big disappointment! It was just a silly video game. Not even any motion effects, just the videos/scrims and the motion capture shooting. After riding it, we rode Mater's Jamboree, and all declared that to be a better ride!

My kiddo did love Buzz and Midway Mania, so it wasn't that it was a video game ride, it was the build up of it as something special that we had to get up early for, and then the "oh, is that all there is?"

Especially contrasted with the intense amazing Rise of the Resistance....yeah, seems a big failure for DCA.

We completely agree. It’s like Toy Story Midway Mania. I don’t get it AT ALL. We’ve ridden it once and that was plenty.

I hope you were able to experience the 100-degree concrete outdoor queue for a while beforehand? :thumbsup2
Luckily, the weather for our trip was in the mid-80s, so perfect. And, we EE'd it, so no wait outside at all, thank goodness.

Yeah, it's okay, but I don't love it. It's like Toy Story mania on steroids - and I don't love TSM anyway. Keep in mind that this was intended to be the "B-Ride" for the land with thw A-Ride still unbuilt, though it was announced that they are commencing on it at D23 (though it is likely different than originally conceived). I think Webslingers is fine for a sub 30-minute wait, but, yeah, I wouldn't want to go higher than that for sure.
Oh, I didn't know that! I have avoided reading too much because I didn't want spoilers for either of the new-to-us attractions. We are big Marvel fans, and liked Avengers Campus, but our family agreed it needs an E-ticket ride. Guardians is awesome, but ... it's the repurposed ToT, it's not something new.

Yup same here. Paid $15 PP to ride it with the LL+ and it broke down before we could ride it, then eventually came back up and we rode it and were disapointed as well. Spending an extra $60 for that was not great, we never rode it again that trip (we also came 5 days and did 2 in DCA, didnt get back on it again though and have no real plans to in the future).

I agree. I would NEVER pay for ILL for it. We liked it fine but it certainly isn't the wow I was expecting. I'll rope drop it during EE and then happily skip it in favor of far superior rides (I'm looking at you Guardians). Midway Mania is also superiorly themed. I've never waited in the queue during the heat, but I can only imagine!!

Although I did express my love for the ride earlier in the thread I will agree that I would never pay for ILL for it. EE, Single Rider, rope drop or luck into a relatively short standby, for sure. But definitely not worth paying for.

ETA: I also agree that Mater is an underrated gem. I always notice that even adults who otherwise look like they got dragged to the park with family or friends are smiling and laughing on that ride.

It is definitely not our favorite ride either. When it was virtual queue we would get it, but we are not waiting over 15 minutes to ride in standby line, and no way paying ILL for it.

Like PP's have reiterated:
1. We all like TSMM much better.
2. It is definitely not a headline attraction for a new land. It is the MFSR of Avengers Campus.

it was never supposed to be the E ticket ride for AC, thats Guardians and the never built Avengers ride

Wife actually loves it; I’m not a big fan at all, but I ride it because it makes her happy. :) I much prefer Midway Mania, and even Astroblasters.

Then again, I’m kind of Marvel’d out. ;)

It's souped up TSM, nothing more. I feel like if you know that going it isn't as disappointing. But yeah the hype led a lot to believe it would be another ROTR. Obviously not even close. A lot like Millennium Falcon opening before ROTR was ready in GE.

We rode it twice when it opened, two trips since and never rode it again. if it's a walk on we would do it. Dont feel the need to ride it ever gain. It's like a Universal Studios screen ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter