Weather question - 12/1 - 12/8

motofox4

DIS Veteran
Hi all!! I was wondering and I know there’s no predicting weather but trying to figure something out. From checking the weather so far, we arrive on 12/1 and it appears that the weather is the same as it is this week - it’s saying 73-75 degrees. I’m not sure if it’s warm enough for wearing shorts and a t-shirt or if it’s more of jeans weather? We live in NJ and some days 73 degrees can be chilly but some days it can be warmer. I know at night to plan on cooler weather and to bring jeans, long sleeve shirts/sweatshirts and a light jacket (maybe like a NorthFace jacket). I just can’t figure out what to bring to wear during the day. Any suggestions for those there now or who were there recently? Thanks very much!!!

For this time of year, unless you see a cold front come through, plan to wear shorts and shirts.

If you get cold easily, then I would bring a light sweater or jacket for at night. But if you don't, I couldn't imagine wearing a jacket right now at night with temps still in the mid 70's-low 80's. It's still very warm in my opinion.

I'd mainly pack all the same clothes you'd wear during the summer, but bring a jacket and pair of pants.

You'll be in the upper 50s and low 60s in the morning and late at night. Winds can and will vary but even for someone who lives in the south I would probably not wear jeans unless I knew I was just going to be out for only 1/2 day.

If I knew I was going to be in the parks all day Id wear shorts and layer up top (short sleeves under a fleece or sweatshirt, or short sleeve under long sleeve, etc.)

If I had a mid day break and was going to a park that evening nightime entertainment I would likely put on a pair of jeans.

I’m going Dec 2 to 8 and right now planning a mix. If it’s sunny, 70’s will be warm. It will cool off at night.

That's the weather I'm packing for right now, too.

I find that I'm too cold early in the morning or after the sun goes down with just shorts and a T-shirt. So - I layer and typically bring a pair of pants if I am going to stay out late.

I typically start the day in shorts and a T-shirt - with a sweatshirt over top. Sweatshirt gets tied around my waist as it warms up - or if I am close to the front of the park - it might find its way into a locker. If I am staying after dark - I typically bring along leggings or jeans to change into - and the sweatshirt goes back on. I'll also pack my Disney scarf and hat and a few more long layers just in case the forecast changes and it drops a few degrees. I have bought WAY too many extra Disney clothing items when I have gone unprepared and needed more warm stuff as the forecast changed! Disney in the upper 40's/low 50's is surprisingly cold.

For me - 68-70 is my lowest limit for just shorts/t-shirt - and its won't be that morning or night - just mid-day.

Kathie

Going the 2nd through 8th as well and we plan on wearing shorts and t-shirts and packing sweatshirts in the bottom of the stroller. =)

We went a week later than that last year and were in shorts and tshirts, comfortably. We did need a light jacket, like once. ;)

We were there this time last year and it was 80's and hot! Nothing but short sleeves and summer wear all week, even at night. Depends on the year though. Sometimes it's been more comfortable in the 70's and even some days in the 60's and once it was 55 for a day! I'd plan on summer clothes, but plan a few outfits for colder weather just in case. Definitely have a sweatshirt, although last trip we didn't even need that!

For this time of year, unless you see a cold front come through, plan to wear shorts and shirts.

If you get cold easily, then I would bring a light sweater or jacket for at night. But if you don't, I couldn't imagine wearing a jacket right now at night with temps still in the mid 70's-low 80's. It's still very warm in my opinion.

I'd mainly pack all the same clothes you'd wear during the summer, but bring a jacket and pair of pants.

I have been wearing a jacket in the mornings and evenings, running my car heater and heated seats. I live in Tampa.
LoL.

We've been here since Wednesday night. It's been in to 50s at night and in the am.

The sun never came out yesterday and it was a damp 62 cool degrees. Jeans, long sleeved t and a jacket for daytime.

It was foggy this morning until lunch and 55 degrees. The sun came out this afternoon and I was comfortable in jeans and a t shirt. As soon as the sun went down it got chilly. We were at Epcot. We had to buy dd a jacket as she came in shorts.

I am taking a little bit of both. My hubs wear jeans here in az unless it's over 90 and my son just had a growth spurt so he is wearing what fits (had to get new pants and shorts) and I wear capris but we plan on taking jackets with us at night too. I hope we are not too hot but we do plan to head back to rest when it's hotter.

For me, shorts, short sleeve shirt, and that is all. My daughter and wife will wear stretch pants maybe and bring a sweatshirt. If we need something warmer, we will buy a sweatshirt there.

Plan for anything. If you don't need the cold and/or wet weather clothes- you will be among those that get a 'perfect weather' trip. We have been there many times during this time period (and are heading over in a few days for a visit)- and I don't recall ever being in the 'perfect weather' group. Yesterday here (I live a bit south of Tampa) it was foggy and overcast in the low 50s first thing in the morning, so we were in sweats. After the fog burned off we went over to the beach, and it was low 70s and sunny. Today it is supposed to rain off and on throughout most of the day. You will get opinions on both sides of this issue. If you pack for the 'perfect' extended forecast here, you will probably be leaving the park and scrambling to go buy the stuff you didn't bring- so, if I were you, I would just bring it. This issue came up on another board a few days ago, and another FL resident addressed this issue better than any I have seen, so I will quasi-quote here: "For forecasts longer than 3 days, I use a Ouija board- just as accurate as any other method".

Today was a beautiful 78 degree day. Warmest day since Wednesday. We are now heading home.

We are visiting Dec 2nd thru 7th. Long range forecast shows low to mid 70's for highs and mid to high 50's for lows. I'm packing leggings and short sleeve and sleeveless tunics and light jacket that can be tied around my waste. Hubby is jeans and t-shirts. I'm checking forecast everyday

Bring a little bit of everything. We'll be there the 3rd-13th and it'll be our 4th year with dates in that timeframe. We spent a fair amount of time last December in jeans, sweaters or long sleeved tops, and one night brought out the packable winter jackets and gloves for MVMCP (it was the Friday party, 12/9). Normally the weather is beautiful, mid-70's with lots of sunshine, but last year was something else. If we'd have been home in PA, the mid-40's/low-50's would have felt great for December, but not so much when vacationing in central FL.

We just got back yesterday and are from DE - our temps were in the mid-range 70's also. Let me tell you to us, it felt WARM!!! Since you too have gotten used to more chilly temps the 70's will feel warm and if the sun is shining, you will feel very warm!! I was surprised, I wore shorts most days AND nights! At night I would put on a sweater or light jacket but still felt very comfortable in my shorts. I would bring a bit of both however just to make sure you are covered. :)

Bring a little bit of everything. We'll be there the 3rd-13th and it'll be our 4th year with dates in that timeframe. We spent a fair amount of time last December in jeans, sweaters or long sleeved tops, and one night brought out the packable winter jackets and gloves for MVMCP (it was the Friday party, 12/9). Normally the weather is beautiful, mid-70's with lots of sunshine, but last year was something else. If we'd have been home in PA, the mid-40's/low-50's would have felt great for December, but not so much when vacationing in central FL.
I'm from PA, we've been having 40's-50's & sunshine during the daytime, and I've been bundled up in my winter coat and hat, bbrrrrr...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter