weather obsession

Here now! Just want to say we had a bad forecast too and I stressed out about it before I got here. But it’s been beautiful! Forecast really does change very quickly here. So my advice is truly do not freak out too much. Literally DO NOT read into any weather reports more than two days in advance. I packed a week in advance, big mistake. Nights do get chilly but I’ve been good in Capri leggings and sweatshirt at night. Layers folks and have fun!

Here now! Just want to say we had a bad forecast too and I stressed out about it before I got here. But it’s been beautiful! Forecast really does change very quickly here. So my advice is truly do not freak out too much. Literally DO NOT read into any weather reports more than two days in advance. I packed a week in advance, big mistake. Nights do get chilly but I’ve been good in Capri leggings and sweatshirt at night. Layers folks and have fun!
Exactly what the locals here have been saying, too! The forecasts can change (and do!) -- so keep checking. Be prepared, but don't panic. Have the gear in case you need it. And if you don't need it, yay!
Glad you're having a great trip!

I wouldn't trust a forecast that far out. BUT, I've been to DL many times during the 2nd week of March because my kids have a short school break, and every time we've been rained on at some point in the trip. One year we had absolutely torrential downpours (fortunately they came overnight), last year we only got drizzled on one evening, but it was cold!! I don't think it got above 65° during our whole trip.
yep because March is still rainy season if you want to call it that....I went last year at this exact same time and this year the temps are showing as high 60s low70 with rainfcasted for almost the entire week. Last year it was FREEEEZING cold all day long and night time was horrid cold and it was supposed to rain then too but only rained in the early hours of the morning while still dark....CA weather can never be trusted from year to year

How likely is it to be raining all week? We are supposed to arrive Saturday and be in the parks Sun-Tues. I am considering postponing until later next week to avoid the rain. I wouldn’t usually stress so much about the possibility of bad weather but I have a 4 year old with autism and he absolutely can’t stand when his clothes get wet. Please tell me there is hope it won’t be a wash out. I really wanted to be at Disneyland for my birthday on Sunday :(

So far, Monday looks like the bad day!

I just don't want it to rain while waiting in line for rope drop. At least most lineups inside the park are indoors...

Monday was great until about 10:30 PM I feel like. We had a steady drizzle after that. Tuesday was pretty iffy. Lots of sprinkles all day with some full-on rain here and there. We were prepared and mostly stayed dry. The evening was beautiful though.

Last edited:
So, out of all the weather apps and websites used by everyone in this thread, is there a consensus on which one/s worked best? And how is the weather this week working out for everyone?
@Jaina : Thank you for reporting back! Glad you had a fun time!

Hi Tenneycjt...
I think the weather forecasts are not 100% accurate. its results most probably 30% accurate.
Weather forecaster provides one to two days of accurate results.long-period prediction is not correct .keep in mind on your journey

The most accurate report is looking out the window. It's currently raining about an hour south of DLand. :) I think anyone who lives around here has learned that until the day before, it's maybe 25-50% correct, if that. We've had plenty of "Storm Watch" news stories/alerts for a week leading up to some drizzle... If you like rain, it's really not fair when it never happens.

so after getting back, tuesday which wa supposed to have the most rain, rained hard for about 15 minutes, which unfortuately were in and than it stopped. Sunday mon and wednesday were nice. Yesterday they were predicting pm showers but it rained hard from 9 in the morning to 330 in the afternoon, They were not predicting anything that heavy in the morning. So unfortunatey only got an hour in the park on the last day, but I was happy i could say goodbye to disneyland, One thing I found frustrating is that all the local weather covers such a wide area, it was hard to see where Anaheim fit in, some of the local broadcasts didnt even show anaheim on their maps which i found strange leaving me to guess where it was? why is this for locals? Anaheim is pretty big. Overall much better weather than i thought other than yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter