• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weather looking bad

c todd

Mouseketeer
We're leaving on the Fantasy this weekend and checking the extended forecast for Tortola it's not looking good - rain and windy. The charter guy I spoke to there said "it only rains 2 days a year otherwise just a quick shower" - um, maybe not. Anyone else been there when the forecast said rain but just a quick shower? My visions of a beautiful day on the beach maybe a "fantasy" as well. I know we'll have a great trip regardless just a little bummed right now.

Weather.com is showing partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain, which is pretty typical for the VIs. It's far enough out that who knows if it's accurate and probably does not mean it will be bad weather anyway.

I'll be there with you.

Rainy day on the Fantasy is better then a sharp stick in the eye! ;-) I will be with you guys as well.

Wonder what it takes for them to cancel excursions?

Rainy day on the Fantasy is better then a sharp stick in the eye! ;-) I will be with you guys as well.

Wonder what it takes for them to cancel excursions?
If it's too dangerous to do them.

I'll just point out that "rain" in the Caribbean is pretty much normal on a daily basis. Some days it lasts about 5 minutes, other days - longer. Even in the summertime.

I know it's really too far out to forecast the weather accurately, just obsessing. We had to book a private excursion on Tortola so I don't think we would be able to cancel unless there were 20 foot swells.... It will be my son's first time to the beach and I want it to be perfect, I know he will love it no matter the weather as long as he gets to get out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter