• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weather in May

goofynut41

Disney Veteran
We are coming to Disney first week of May, what is the weather-temp like? Is it HOT? or Nice?

Varies - sometimes nice but I suspect more often it will be low 90s and humid.

Be aware that lovebugs (nonbiting nuisance) are also a possibility in May.

Last edited:
We went a couple of years ago for a long weekend in May- it was hot but not "I can't function in this heat" hot. Early May is a good time!

I double checked and my last couple of May trips look like they were aberrations - low to mid 80s is more common. Still a good idea to check the weather predictions a few days before you leave and pack accordingly.

We were there the second week of May last year...I assume the first 2 weeks of May have similar weather? Anyway, it was in the 90s every day (hit 95 one day). The humidity was low, however. It was hotter than I would prefer, but we did fine.

We usually go last week of May and it’s hot. I’m from the south so I’m pretty used to it. If your from up north I’m sure it’s difficult.

May is in Florida is variable. Usually it's hotter side but with fairly low humidity so fairly tolerable (and nice for the people coming from colder climates), but our last two summers have been long (already climbing into 90s in April!) and kind of brutal.

Luckily you are going the first week of May, because May is when the humidity starts to climb into the 70% range and it can get very hot and muggy.
But, the temps will be high 80's to low 90's and that alone can be bad enough.

We are coming to Disney first week of May, what is the weather-temp like? Is it HOT? or Nice?

We were there first week of May 2017 and we will be there again this year. Last year it was beautiful weather (mid to high 80s/low 90s and low humidity). I'm hoping for the same weather this year.

Florida resident here. Early May is awesome! The temps are picking up but the humidity is still prety low. As Memorial Day gets closer, humidity starts ramping up as do the chance of showers. Should be be a great time to visit !
I'll be there in two weeks, yay! What kind of weather can I expect?

Last year, we were there May 13-19 and weather was PERFECT. Up to high 80's, humidity was non-issue. I was only crazy hot one afternoon in EPCOT - our fault, we arrived at the worst time... 2pm:beach:

This year, we are going May 5-13 so we are expecting (I mean hoping! ) weather to be PERFECTer!!!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Our last trip was four years ago, first week of May... perfect weather no rain, hot (upper 80's, low 90's), low humidity. I loved it because you didn't have to dither about what to wear. It was shorts every day and night, no need to drag a sweatshirt around or anything!! We will be back this year same week, hope for the same weather.

We went from the 3rd to the 11th last year and there were highs in the low 80s for the first 5 days and then the next 3 days were in the low 90s with high humidity.

We went a few years ago during the second week of May, and it was HOT. Temps were in the mid-90s the entire week, and the sun was very intense. I even got the dreaded heat rash on the bottoms of my legs after a day at Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:
A good source of info for what the weather may be during any month is to simply go to www.weather.com and enter Walt Disney World as the location. It will show you monthly averages.

Just be aware that averages, or what people have encountered in the past, is not necessarily an indication of what you might experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter