Weather in June - advice please!

Minnie Sue Oz

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone.
I am looking at making a last minute trip to WDW starting on the 6th June. We will be coming over from Australia. Now, it gets really hot here, so, I know what Hot feels like, but, I’m not fond of the heat. So, I’m wondering just how hot is “hot” in June in WDW. I don’t want to be miserable as it’s such a long way for us to come - 18 hours on a plane :scared1:
Can someone give me an idea of what it’s like the first 2 weeks of June. Quite happy to do rope drop, go back to hotel and then come back in the afternoon and stay til close. Let me have it, the good, the bad and the ugly:earboy2:
And, go...........:cool2:

I live in Sydney and we're heading over mid-May. My understanding is that end of May and June to be like a Brisbane summer. Whereas July/August/September is like Darwin/Cairns in the wet season. The temperature remains around 30-34C, but it's the humidity that gets you.

Very hot and very muggy. You will sweat. A lot. Use cooling towels and personal fans if possible. Lightweight, sweat wicking clothes. Your plan is great. That’s what we do...rope drop-midday break-nighttime touring. We swim and nap or rest during our break, usually 1-5. We’ll be there June 8-16.

I live here (about 75 miles due west of WDW) am an AP and DVC member so we are there often. June is hot. Like close to 90 degrees everyday hot. Early June always feels a bit hotter to me as our "rainy season" hasn't really kicked into high gear. In the summer we get rain every afternoon and it helps cool us off a bit. Early June though, not so much. If you aren't a fan of the heat, I would search as many posts on tips in the summer on this forum. I know myself and other locals have chimed in many times regarding it.
The one thing I must stress to everyone who is not use to this kind of heat is that you MUST DRINK more than you normally do. And please make sure you eat. Many people dehydrate or get sick because they don't drink enough or eat cause it's too hot.

We went in early June for a week last summer. We are from the mid-Atlantic area so it get hot and humid here. But the humidity in Orlando in June was really overwhelming. As PP said, wear moisture-wicking clothing (I wore a lot of workout clothes). We tried to do EMM or EHM in the a.m. to get as much park time in as possible before lunchtime when the crowds and heat became overwhelming, go back to the resort for a swim, and head back out for a few hours in the evening. Bring cooling towels and fans, and tons of water. (We had a case delivered to our hotel and it was a great move. Also brought Brita water bottles that I could refill with tap water in the parks.)

It also rained pretty much every day midday/afternoon, so plan for that too. Ponchos were key.

Despite my dislike for the weather, we found the crowds more manageable than other times of the year and are going back this June. :)

Like others have said, it is hot and humid. We always make sure we have spray fans with us and will freeze bottles of water so as the day goes on and it melts, we still have cold water without needing to buy it constantly throughout the day.

Just want to say we will be there the same weeks. Hope we have excellent weather. We also do rope drop in morning - afternoon rest breaks- return to park by dinner touring style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter