Weather in January for people from cold areas

True, but we have been there when it was real snow. That's not fair as we headed to Florida to get away from our snow.

True (once in a blue moon) - that's why I left that 1/100th of a percent lol.

Also, from those even in colder climes, getting out and about for a little while is much different than staying outside for much of the day in less colder area, even worse with wind chills - same for heat in summer - I love it for awhile, but don't usually stay out constantly all day at a time.

Last edited:
We are in Pennsylvania, and used to some cold, but I still wore my winter coat several times in late December/first week of January in Disney. At night when the sun goes down, it can get pretty windy and cold. I've even worn a "snow" headband for my ears, mostly because of the wind. If you run warm, you may be okay with a hoodie. My husband is fine in a hoodie in that weather (30s and 40s at night)

I used to live in Vermont and through a couple of decades always went in February (not January). It can get quite chilly there especially in the morning, but usually warms up by afternoon. (not always, but usually) I used to have fun with the CM's I would show up at MK with shorts and a t-shirt and be greeted by CM's wearing Parkas, Knit Hats and winter gloves. I would kid with them asking what they would do if it got cold. To be honest I was a little chilly as well, but it was bearable and I didn't want to have to carry around a jacket all day long. I did go there once when it was cold all day. I think it was 2001 (Walt's Hundredth Birthday) but I had checked out the weather before I went so that time I dressed a little more appropriately. I've been there when the orange groves around the area had to spray water on the trees to prevent the fruit from being destroyed by frost (I still don't know how frozen water covering an orange prevents it from being damaged, but I don't grow oranges so I didn't think it was that important that I know) and went out from my hotel one morning and there was fluffy white frost on the roof of my car. I wrote across the roof... "This is Florida? It didn't stay long though. In the car we would have that heater on in the morning and the AC in the afternoon. It still was nothing like the air temperature in Vermont at the time though.

One thing I'm not sure if anyone mentioned (I didn't go through all 3 pages lol) is that Splash does usually go down for refurbishment around January every year. You mentioned it so I thought I'd point that out. No idea if it will be down during your trip or not.

We dress in layers ( fleece sweatshirts, sping jacket, windbreakers) and bring light mittens and scarf in case the temps drop at night.
Our heavy winter coat would take up too much room in the luggage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter