Weather in January/February/March

All Tangled Up

Mouseketeer
I've only gone to Disney World in the universal summer months. June, July, August. So I'm used to the heat and don't mind it! It's especially nice during resort days in the pool.

But I'm planning a sort of last minute trip for around January, February or early March, and I've seen photos of guests during this time in sweaters and shorts or pants. Even though many say Florida is generally hot year round, I'm worried it will be too cool to swim.

One of the top reasons I stay on property (especially shelling out the money for mod and deluxe resorts) are the pools. I LOVE Disney pools. They are my favorite amenity and a big factor of which resort I choose to stay at next! There's literally nothing better than taking a park day off to chill at the pool or even head there after a park day.

So yeah, while I'm sure it won't be blistering hot, I was still hoping it to be warm enough to swim outdoors. I wanted to stay deluxe this time around but if it's not warm enough to swim in the nice themed pools, I would downgrade.

Any experiences or what the weather's like in late winter/early spring is greatly appreciated. Tyia!

I've had very mixed experiences with several January, February and March trips. I've been there when it rained the entire time (like 'rain' rain, not afternoon cloud burst rain) and I've been there when it is warm and beautiful. I've worn shorts and I've worn jeans. Jackets/ and no jackets. Very hard to predict accurately. We pack to be ready for anything.

Weather during that time can be nice and warm to cold!! Florida cold feels colder than most places. My sister from Tennessee didn't believe me till she was here in March and it was 78 and she needed a light sweatshirt. Then some days 75 feels hot, it's all about the humidity. I can't help with planning when to come but check the weather forecast right before and you'll have a better idea of what to pack. I can tell you 2 years ago we went to a water park in early February and this year we wore jeans and sweatshirts. It's very unpredictable :-(

We've been once in January and once in February. January trip was totally fine, nice and warm (for Bostonians at least!) and we were in the pool a couple of times. In February, the first two days we were there, it was legitimately chilly, but then it warmed up and was nice and warm and were again in the pool a couple of times. My uncle is DVC and ran the marathon (in January) two Januaries ago and it was 35 degrees! Up until race day, it was supposed to be nice and warm but then turned cold and he had to borrow his daughter's yoga pants to run in! In short, who knows??!!

We've been that last 2 years in January right after MLK day and marathon weekend. Both times we had to wear our winter coats and gloves almost the entire 12 day trip. A few days the pools were even closed because it was so cold. After this year, we said no more trips in January.

I have to say that after we left both years the weather was in the 80's.

We've been 3 times in January once in February. End of February was nice weather all week. Lows in the 50s highs in the 70s/80s. The January trips all had at least one day with a low in the upper 30s and a day of high in the 50s. One year, I don't think the high got much above 50 if that for two days. They also all had days where the high was at or near 80.

Even the one time we had a couple day stretch of lows in the 30s and highs around 50, the pools were open but just limited hours. This was a few years ago so I don't remember exact times, but I'm thinking like 10-5. We did swim, and the water was warm, but it was a COLD walk back to the room. And if you put your head under, then your head is cold from being out of the water. We still had a blast and enjoyed the pool though!

I, personally, would MUCH rather go and be a little chilly. Long sleeves and long pants, to me, are better than sweating all day.

We went in January 2019. The mornings were chilly (borderline pants/shorts weather), but it warmed up by mid-day. Sunny and not a cloud in the sky our entire trip.

We live in the northeast, so we are used to cold winters, so the chilly weather didn't bother us much.

We loved the first week of March a few years back. Only obstacle was the snow/ice/airport situation at home. We wore short sleeves, jeans or shorts during the day... but most definitely needed a jacket once the sun went down. People were buying beach towels to use blankets during the fireworks. It was very chilly at night.

I live in FL in the winter, and this past January-March was actually much warmer than average. There were a few cool days in January, but we never even got a slight frost. My family came to visit, and went swimming (we are from the frozen Northwoods), but the springs are 72 degrees year 'round. I assume the heated pools are much warmer.

Still, I went to WDW about 20 years ago from January 12-20 and we wore warm coats and hats and gloves for Fantasmic! and the fireworks but the kids swam in the pools during the day.

All that to say that January is so unpredictable you could be wearing shorts and sandals or a warm jacket, hat, and jeans.

There are never any guarantees, but late February is almost always "swimming weather" for us northerners.

Just keep in mind Jan is Florida's coldest month. I have been there a few times in Feb when it was cold and Disney did not turn off their sprinklers and all the plants were coated in ice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter