Weather in December?

mlm

Earning My Ears
We are going to DL Dec 28 to Jan3, coming from Alberta, Canada where it is COLD during that time. Just wondering what the weather will be like in CA?

hi there!! :wave: :wave2:

from what i've looked up, the average high in december is 67, low is 47. january's high is 65, low 47. (all degrees farenheight). i've heard that for the past few years it's rained on new year's, so make sure to bring ponchos and warm clothing. the park does tend to open up a little when it rains (people go back to their hotels until it clears up), so it's a great time to get on rides. also, since you'll be there on new year's, once the park reaches capacity, they do stop letting people in, even if you're coming back into the park. i'd say if you can do it, get in the park early and don't leave.

hope that helps!

mlm said:
We are going to DL Dec 28 to Jan3, coming from Alberta, Canada where it is COLD during that time. Just wondering what the weather will be like in CA?
There really is no easy answer to this. "Wintertime" weather in L.A. is extremely variable. "Monthly Average" temperatures don't really mean a lot, since some days can be like summer - with sunny skies and temperatures in the mid-70s. (Nights will still be pretty cold, however, dropping down to the 40s and low 50s.)

Though you might hit some rain, it isn't the rainy season yet, so it will hopefully be mild and of short duration. Just look at the weather data for New Year's. Up until this past year, it hadn't rained on the Rose Parade for 51 years. That doesn't mean it won't happen again this year, but I'd say the odds are in your favor.

About the only thing I can pretty much guarantee is that the weather will be somewhat warmer than it will be in Alberta that time of year. :sunny:

Enjoy your stay!

Hey mlm,

We are from Alberta too. We were in DL, last December 26 to Jan 4. While the weather wan't hot and sunny. It still wasn't that bad. I rained quite a bit while we were there, but we still had a great time. My parents even went for a swim in the outdoor pool one day!! My people were walking around in winter jackets, but of course I thought they were nuts. If they want to see cold, they should come to Alberta in the winter! ;)

Have a great trip!!

For me being from Mass I look at it the weather will be warm and NO SNOW, YEAH... :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter