Wearing PJs to Walmart

In the Stone Age most woman got dressed up to go to the supermarket.

This looks like a staged photo with models, but you get the idea. My mother didn’t wear her Sunday finest, but she wouldn’t dream of going in her “around the house” clothes.

As for these ladies…..Eeeeek!!! :scared1:

She’d NEVER wear hair curlers out somewhere.

In one I Love Lucy episode, Ethel was aghast at the idea of wearing blue jeans on the subway.

Noooooo. Just no.

Same for yoga pants and other obvious workout clothes.

It doesn't take that long to pull on a pair of jeans and shirt.

It's a business transaction and disrespectful to the store personnel who are there to serve you. Implies they don't deserve a customer who appears respectful of their effort.

Last edited:
Curler shamed in the 60s.

Don't use curlers, use these.
Those are curlers.
No, they're electric hair kindness modules.
Well since you put it that way, oh yeah. I'll use them.....
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

In the Stone Age most woman got dressed up to go to the supermarket.

View attachment 649902

This looks like a staged photo with models, but you get the idea. My mother didn’t wear her Sunday finest, but she wouldn’t dream of going in her “around the house” clothes.

As for these ladies…..Eeeeek!!! :scared1:

View attachment 649904

She’d NEVER wear hair curlers out somewhere.

In one I Love Lucy episode, Ethel was aghast at the idea of wearing blue jeans on the subway.
Look at all that canned stuff in the cart. Eeek. It's so much nicer to have fresh stuff these days.

Or the supermarket, or anywhere. What’s your opinion?

View attachment 649901

I personally wouldn’t do it, but I have no problem with people who do.

Back in college we sometimes wore PJs to go out to eat at a diner at 3am.
As long as they are decent looking PJs and they don't have a brown stripe on them and have taken a shower recently, I'm ok with it.

Last edited:
Now I'm not going to go full on, matching pajama top and bottoms, but I'm not opposed to the pajama bottoms, slippers and a sweatshirt at Walmart....but not Target. LOL The grocery store is right across the street and I'm not getting doodied up to run over there for something I've forgotten. They've seen me in my pajama pants (which are more of a sweat pant or yoga pant really) than both my ex husbands combined! :rotfl2: Usually unprinted soft pants. I don't go full animal cracker print or anything lol.

This makes me think of how back when I was a kid in the 70's and 80's, I used to get a new outfit to fly on a plane. It wasn't until I was an adult that I saw people in comfortable clothes on planes. It was just how you did it back then. It was a big deal to fly. You popped off that jet, into your Grandparents arms looking spiffy! lol

Hers have Eeyore all over them too. That's about as G-rated as you can get, and as mentioned they cover everything.

I've seen people wear worse. It's still a thing for guys to sag their jeans too low. I just googled, supposedly guys in prison do this to signal "availability"- I wonder if many of the fellas wearing jeans this way at Walmart are aware?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter