• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wearing dresses/skirts with "shorts" underneath?

I think that they might be hot (nylon!) so it would depend on when a person visits WDW. And of course how long the skirt is.

Yes! These are much better than the shorts that come with the skirts! Actually i like the Maidenform Control It, they are just like these. They stay down and are very very comfortable. What i'm doing this trip is buying the skirts without the shorts and wearing these underneath, so if they do show when you sit down its looks like your wearing bike shorts. Then you dont have to worry about the shorts creeping up when your doing all that walking! :thumbsup2

I actually wore these on my last 2 trips and they worked out great, and my skirts are above the knee.

Yes! These are much better than the shorts that come with the skirts! Actually i like the Maidenform Control It, they are just like these. They stay down and are very very comfortable. What i'm doing this trip is buying the skirts without the shorts and wearing these underneath, so if they do show when you sit down its looks like your wearing bike shorts. Then you dont have to worry about the shorts creeping up when your doing all that walking! :thumbsup2
Are they not awfully hot then? That's good to know.

Are they not awfully hot then? That's good to know.

Hi! Yea, not hot, and they were alot better the the traditional cotton bike shorts, those did seem hot to me and they didnt stay in place like these "shorts" do.

I am petite and physically fit, but I am still very self conscious about wearing shorter (as in, anything above the knee!) skirts, so I, too, will DEFINITELY be wearing some type of bike shorts underneath.

That looks way too hot for me. I end up going to REI, or getting something like this http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?searchCID=44995&pid=683805&scid=683805002&vid=-1 to wear. Also our local sporting goods store has some cute tennis dresses with shorts that are so comfy and I just adore, or hit up the golf sections. I get some that are made for hotter weather to keep me cool (even for our Dec visits). They're perfect for the parks. Hope this helps.

Humm... There are some good tips on here. Short of losing weight by August, which I don't think is going to happen ;) these shorts and shapers would be great for me to wear with a dress or a skirt. Good thread! :goodvibes

I have bought a number of "scooters", which are essentially minis with attatched shorts. Comfortable and secure. I'll also wear a bathing suit bottom over my panties with a shorter skirt that doesn't have the attatched shorts.

Sears carries woman's underware in a boxer style. Don't know if that is something you would wear.

I am sorry, but, these look so uncomfortable! I am a over 60something grandmother and I wear skooter skirts and shorts. I go for the comfort look. I won't be seeing any of those people again so I really don't care what they think! I just think that they look like they will be so tight and uncomfortable in the heat. I think one Mickey Bar wearing those and I would be in the nearest restroom taking them off! Just my opinion!

. I think one Mickey Bar wearing those and I would be in the nearest restroom taking them off! Just my opinion!

:rotfl2:

I might just get a pair of bike shorts. I'm petite and smaller sized, so I'm not worried about my thighs rubbing, more the "flashing" incidents. ;)

OP if you are coming to Florida in August, as a Florida resident, I would advise not wearing any of them to the parks. It is hot here in August. It is muggy here in August. I would be sweating so much in one of those outdoors( you very seldom will see a native wearing even panty hose down here). To go to an air conditioned place at night, it might be doable; but outside in the sun for 6-8 hours no way. Go as cool as you can. No one will know you but the people you are traveling with. They have seen you without this and love you for who you are, so don't worry.

As for just wanting something so people won't see too much when getting in and out of rides? A swim suit bottom or some of the wicking shorts would be best. Personally, I would forget the skirt and just wear cotton shorts or something cool like a cotton sundress that hits just above the knees, if you don't wear shorts.

As for the Daisy dress, if it is cotton, it will be comfortable and cute, but if it is a synthetic material( those glossy type materials ) it will be hot. Most of us only wear that "glossy material " in winter down here when the temps are in the low 70s or lower because it does keep you warm.

I do wear something like the OPs link when I want to look my best in a dress/skirt. Mine has a little bit of boning and while it's comfortable for a few hours I don't think I'd wear it to Disney.

I would choose something that is more geared towards fitness and is moisture wicking. So it won't be holding you in but will give you the coverage you desire.

There have been lots of great links to different options so I thought I'd throw this one out there. I have this running skirt by SkirtSports and :love: it! I find I end up wearing all day before & after a run (if I'm not too smelly). Overall I feel like I can go anywhere I need to with out having to go back home to change. I'd never do that in just compression shorts! And it has two pockets for your KTTW! They also make running dresses.

Just another option. :wizard:

There have been lots of great links to different options so I thought I'd throw this one out there. I have this running skirt by SkirtSports and :love: it!

I loooooove SkirtSports and everything they make! They are absolutely fantastic! Also adding that they sell their Shorties separately, so you can throw them on under any skirt or dress. They are very lightweight and wicking mesh and have the built in card pocket. They are awesome.

http://www.skirtsports.com/shop/product.cfm/id/4305-Shorties

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter