• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wearing a Fitbit while walking Disney?

RebYork

Reb York
Has anyone wore a Fitbit while walking the parks at Disney? I wondered how far we walk during a day of touring the parks. My wife has one so we will see the week of May 23rd. If anyone has wore a Fitbit during the day at the parks let me know how many miles,calories,and steps while walking a park or parks?

My wife used her iPhone which tracks steps. In January we clocked 23,500 steps on one day. Seems a bit high to me as I heard 10000 steps is 5 miles. We don't really stop and tend to go back and forth to see different things.

A couple of years ago we did between 15,000-20,000 steps per day, depending on the park - but on the day we did MVMCP it was over 26,000!!

When I was walking the parks on a usual touring day I would do around 20k. Even now when I rent an ECV (both knees have severe arthritis and need replacing) I still end up walking 7k-10k steps each park day...this last trip probably closer to the 7k mark.

I think it is easy to get 15k steps and likely more depending on how you tour.

Our family all wears them - my DS9 had the most with 25-30k steps daily with DH and I around 20-25k everyday...

When I run 2 miles in the morning and work all day (I am a teacher and on my feet all day), I average 15K. I would think walking in Disney would be much higher.

I would bring my fitbit to WDW, I don't bring my laptop, so where would I charge it?

When we went back in Feburary our busiest park day my Apple Watch clocked 22,300 steps for 11.3 miles and that's starting around 10am

When I run 2 miles in the morning and work all day (I am a teacher and on my feet all day), I average 15K. I would think walking in Disney would be much higher.

I would bring my fitbit to WDW, I don't bring my laptop, so where would I charge it?
You can charge it using your phone charger that has a USB port. We have two different types of FitBits and charge them that way.

My best step day at WDW was 25,000 on the day we ran the Princess 10K and never went into a park - just in and out of resorts for ADRs.

You can charge it using your phone charger that has a USB port. We have two different types of FitBits and charge them that way.

My best step day at WDW was 25,000 on the day we ran the Princess 10K and never went into a park - just in and out of resorts for ADRs.

No kidding...I did not know that's how to charge it. Do I have to bring the "sync doggle," too?

We went over Christmas and stayed at the BW. I usually walk to Epcot and HS all the time. I averaged 25k steps a day. I have gotten to 30k before during some other trips, but I have to run 3 miles that day and walk both to HS and Epcot in the same day from the BW.

Our family actually has Garmin Vivifits - one of the main reasons is that they run on a watch battery and don't need to charge for a year!

We did 20-25,000 steps a day at Disney, arriving at rope drop or earlier every day, and we were out of the parks by 6 or 7pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter