• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wearing a backpack or handbag in the park

Piwacket's Mom

Mouseketeer
Hi, I am planning my first trip and I had intented on using a packpack but began to wonder what was I to do with it when going on rides. Can you please tell me what you do with your bags? I won't have someone to watch over it. Thanks for the help.

You can take your backpack with you on pretty much any ride. Many rides have a place to stow your bag. For those that don't, you can set your bag at your feet. If you go on Rock n' Roller Coaster, just set your bag at your feet and loop one strap around your ankle (RnR goes upside down, so you'll want to be sure to loop that strap around your ankle).

The only ride where you'll want to stow your backpack before going on the ride is Kali River Rapids. The ride cars have a small place to stow small items in the center of the car (to keep things dry), but there's only one fairly small storage bin for several people to share. At KRR, they do have storage lockers available just outside the ride that are totally free for two hours. So if you have something as big as a backpack, store it in the KRR lockers.

I find Florida to be too hot for a backpack. I Carry a Vera Bradley bag similar to the pp. Once I just went with what fit in my pockets.... My pockets had zippers, so nothing fell out on rides.
I saw many people doing the strap around the leg trick.... My biggest issue is where to put my big ears! :)

That center thing on Kali never kept my things dry. I recently heard they removed it but haven't been back to check. For that, I would use the nearby lockers.

Oh man! Did they really?!
Can anyone who has been recently confirm?!
Basically every ride at Universal you have to put your stuff in a locker so it def gets obnoxious!

We carry a lightweight backpack from EMS... That thing is great, it holds everything we need and it's not bad on the back! We even leant it to friends travelling to the World because it's that great. I hear a lot of people saying they don't need bags, I guess it depends on what you need! We go in August so we need room for lots of drinks and snacks to keep from passing out! Also sunscreen and waterproof pouches, ponchos, the camera, etc

We were there last month - the center storage has been removed from the Kali rafts. Thre are storage lockers near the ride entrance, but we didn't know until we were loading the raft that they had removed the storage bins from the rafts. CM said they were removed because they had a problem with people standing on them. We just wrapped our backpack inside a raincoat and made out ok. We would have used a locker if we had known we needed to do that.

OP... I am the keeper of the backpack in our group and just bring it with me on the rides. It fits between my feet or under my legs without a problem.

Basically every ride at Universal you have to put your stuff in a locker so it def gets obnoxious!
We rode Kali 2 days ago the center storage is gone but as previously stated near the entrance are free lockers they have both small and large lockers available

As long as there is room, I set my backpack between my feet or next to my legs on rides. If the ride spins or moves a lot, i'll loop a strap around my leg. If there isn't room for my pack to go by my feet, it will go on my lap.

The only ride I couldn't do this on was Mission Space, and my backpack went into a pull out bin in front of my seat.

The Kali lockers are free, just like in Universal. It's the only ride at WDW that offers this system, other than that you can basically bring your backpack on everything.
I don't take backpacks to Universal for that reason, and I don't ride the huge roller coasters where you actually have to take everything out of your pockets and put it in a locker

Hi, I am planning my first trip and I had intented on using a packpack but began to wonder what was I to do with it when going on rides. Can you please tell me what you do with your bags? I won't have someone to watch over it. Thanks for the help.

put it in the free lockers near kali when you ride kali in animal kingdom. it will get wet if you don't. That's the only ride you need to do something special.

take it all rides with you as you can take your back pack on all rides but soaring ( if it dose not fit under your set) you put it off to the side in yellow boxes in the room the ride is in and the only person in the room not on the ride is the CM and they have a job to do

We also have always taken either a backpack or a crossbody and have never had an issue. My tip: if you can, choose one that has padded shoulders and doesn't have a bunch of pockets, etc., because they'll look at all of the pockets in security. Have a magical time!

We always take a backpack and have never had a problem on any rides. We are sure to loop a strap through our ankles though on RNRC and SM like a PP mentioned. We thought it would be cumbersome to have one at first, but it doesn't bother us at all!

I carry a regular, school sized LL Bean backpack in the parks and have never had a problem with it on rides. On 7 Dwarfs, I do have to hold it in my lap because the cars are too tight for my feet and the bag, but it isn't a big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter