We were huge 'Pleasure Island' fans........questions

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
My husband and I were huge Pleasure Island fans. In fact, when we traveled to Disney, that was one of our favorite things. We loved the different dance places and especially the Adventurers Club and the Improv Comedy Club. We have not been to Disney in over 5 years and I realize that is all gone. Are there any places in or around Disney like those clubs? Is there any 'adult' venues in Disney at all besides Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance Hall? We visited both of those in the past and they were ok, but not a place we would rush back too (or at least not 5 years ago).

All help is appreciated,
: )

I'm with you - loved PI! :sad: Although never got to see the Adventurers Club.

Last time I was there was 2 years ago - before a lot of the new restaurants and new construction was finished Others who have been recently can speak to this much better than I can. But my sense from reading the website and these boards is that some of the higher end restaurants have nice bars - not exactly nighclubs - but scenic, relaxing places with views for drinks. There's a good assortment of live entertainers throughout as you stroll the area. There's the bowling alley, Irish dancers and singers at Raglan Road. I believe House of Blues schedules concerts and publish what's coming on their website. But I don't get the sense there are nightclubs there. Again, others will chime in that know more than me.

I never got to experience PI. My friends rave about it and I'm sorry that I missed out.

Shh...Adventurers Club was probably one of the funnest evening places we have ever been too (we are both in our 50's for the record). We never had a bad evening there, always fun and laughter. The servers stayed in character, things on the wall talked to the crowd (like a Moose head). The place was always packed. The comedy club was always packed. They did 3 shows a night and they were filled to the max every night. We were very shocked they removed all of that. It was part of our vacation as well as Disney and the parks.

I'm sorry Ladari that you never got to experience it. A lot of fun all the way around. The nice thing was, there were no kids as you had to be 21 to enter. Don't get me wrong, we have raised 3 boys (that we love dearly) that are all adults now but after spending all day with children in the parks, it was a nice break. :)

Reactions: shh

I also really miss Pleasure Island, especially the comedy club, adventurers' club, and the nightly new year's eve celebration. Unfortunately there does not seem to be anything like them now. I sure wish they had kept these clubs.

Outside of the parks, IMHO the best evening entertainment now is Yehaa Bob show and Jellyrolls, but of course these shows are totally different from what Pleasure Island was.

We went to Jellyrolls this past Saturday. Lots of potential but the song selections left us disappointed. However, that could be the huge bachelorette party requesting Britney spears, Christina, and a few other artist that are not my favorite for a piano bar.

The dance club was okay. We were already buzzed when we got there. We made the best of it since it wasn't crowded and our group of 16 could cut loose. But, not something I would make a special trip back for.

You should probably check out Trader Sam's - it is not quite the Adventurers Club - but it is reminiscent of it is some ways - and a lot of fun. They only seat 51 inside so you want to plan accordingly - get there around 7:30- 8pm and put your name on the list - it seems to move quick enough

The only issue is you could be sitting anywhere and with anyone - this can be really good or really bad - I got stuck next to some women who sells DVC and said at least 30 times (loudly) "I'm all about the snapchat life" and kept taking pictures of herself making stupid faces - ugh - the other people at the table were great - so it is really luck of the draw

I also found the Abracababar (or whatever it's called) pretty cool - but that may depend on who is working - but it is nothing like the AC.

Sounds like fun Tony67, where is this place located? Remember, we haven't been to DW in 5 years or so. Is it even in DW? Thanks for all info.

:)

Sounds like fun Tony67, where is this place located? Remember, we haven't been to DW in 5 years or so. Is it even in DW? Thanks for all info.

:)
Abracababar is on the boardwalk next to Flying Fish and as the PP said Trader Sams is in the Polynesian

I miss the Adventurers Club as well. I am going back the end of the month to check out all of the changes. I have ADR at the Boathouse for 4:00 if anyone wants to join me for an early dinner.

My best recommendation is to go to CityWalk. They have dance clubs with multiple different styles of music venues.

My best recommendation is to go to CityWalk. They have dance clubs with multiple different styles of music venues.
City walk is great - but unless your staying at Universal it's sort of a pain IMO.
At least with DS or boardwalk you can use the Disney Transport - just be aware it's not always that convenient.
For example if you are at Boardwalk (or even Trader Sams in the Polynesian) you may have to go to DS and then change to your resort.
In my case even though Mk was still open for extra magic hours - the monorail shut down an hour before the park did - and the only way back to my hotel was going to DS first. If I had been staying at GF or CR I'd be pretty annoyed at that.

My favorite Pleasure Island venue was the clean comedy club. Are there any other good clean comedy clubs still open in the area?

Unfortunately there is really nothing that replaces P.I. As tony67 said Citywalk but you have to go over to universal for that. And Advantures Club can never be replaced,

I still don't understand why they closed Adventurers Club. I want to say CityWalk also. If you are not staying on site, then you can easily take Uber or a taxi - they know the back ways to avoid the I-4 parking lot. It is no PI, but the better than Disney Springs for adults. I highly recommend everyone traveling either with or without children go to US/IOA and stay on site for at least a few days of their vacation. If you like Haunted Houses and that vibe, definitely do Halloween Horror Nights - preferably on the Thursday. It is great fun for adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter