• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We stuffed ourselves Part 1

allicat

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>
Our trip dates 4/9-16
Fri.
Matsunoma Lounge-
I think this place is Epcot's best kept secret if you enjoy sushi. Quiet, relaxing place and good sushi. We had an assortment of different sushi( tempura maki, california roll) and also a chicken appetizer.The sushi was so fresh tasting. DD gets the "ichigo" drink everytime its some type of berry smoothy and DH and I always get iced green tea.

Peco's Bill-
DD and Dh love the burgers and the fixin's bar here. I had the chicken wrap and it was delicious. Great place for a quick meal at MK.

Sat.

Flame Tree Bbq- Normally one of my favorites. However, about a year ago, they got rid of the chicken salad sandwich and replaced it with a salad in a tortilla bowl with some type of ranch dressing. OK, that was a change I could deal with because the chicken salad looked very good.
Now, they took away that salad and replaced it with a different salad that no longer has ranch but a viniagrette dressing. That I wasnt happy with. DD and I were both looking forward to that salad! The replacement salad looked like they opened a bag of the prepared salad mix and just added dressing.
So, I had the bbq beef sandwich instead. It was delicious but I really wanted that salad! DD had a hotdog and it was ok.

Chef Mickeys dinner - DH loves and I mean LOVES the prime rib here. We have been to this buffet many times.However, I wasnt overly excited with the choices. Nothing looked overly appealling to me and the offerings seemed kind of picked through. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt bad, just not so great. I find that when we visit Chef Mickeys,DH is the only one that ends up eating very much. DD and I just end up picking. Just give me a plate of the parmesan potatoes and I'll be set.
I think we will skip this one next time.

Sun.
Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco- DD and I had the chicken wrap with the cous cous and lentil salad as sides. Very good! DH had the chicken schwarma sandwich which he also loved.

Easter dinner
California Grill- A wonderful experience from start to finish. The sushi was out of this world. The type we ordered was served in a rice paper and even had fruit in it. DD had steak, which the waiter even cut for her. I had the scallops over a bean puree type of thing with truffles on the side.This was my first time trying truffles although Ive heard Emeril talk about them on his show! They were delicious!
DD had the filet which he rated as outstanding.
Dessert was the fruit "sushi" for DD and an apple tart for us! YUM!

Mon.

Kona Cafe for breakfast

Two words- Tonga Toast! For a sweet lover(me), this is heaven. It is a very large portion of banana stuffed french toast covered in cinnamon sugar and I ate most of it even though I was full after having half! Yum!
DD had scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon and gave it thumbs up.
Dh had some kind of breakfast sampler and said it was great. He would much rather come here for breakfast than a character meal.

For dinner, we hit one of our favorite spots, Beaches and Cream for burgers. This place is always great and serves the best burgers anywhere. I am not a big burger eater, actually I would never order a burger at a restaurant. I only really eat burgers at Beaches and Cream to be truthful!

Tue.
50's Prime Time lunch
Always fun. Our waiter wasnt as playful as we are used to at this place. I had pot roast, as did Dh. DD had the chicken nuggets. We all enjoyed our selection and were full. Our waiter brought the check over without asking if we wanted dessert. I didnt say anything because we were full but DD wanted to look at the viewmaster with the dessert selections. Oh well.
I think we will go for dinner from now on because this type of meal was too filling for us in the middle of the day.

I should add that we had snacks along the way- Nestle Toll House Ice Cream sandwiches and dole whips to name a few!

Thanks for the reviews. I just finished a 12 hour shift @work and boy....your reviews really sound yummy. :tongue: I sure could use a dole whip right now. :teeth:

I'm hungry now,great reviews,thanks for sharing.

Great reviews...both part 1 and part 2.
Haven't tried matsunoma lounge yet...but I love sushi. After your review...we'll have to give it a try.
Quick question....my bdf is not a sushi lover.....do they have other things besides sushi??

Thanks for the reviews. I've been curious about trying Tangierine Cafe, and after reading your review I just may have to go there in June! :D

Originally posted by dansyr
Great reviews...both part 1 and part 2.
Haven't tried matsunoma lounge yet...but I love sushi. After your review...we'll have to give it a try.
Quick question....my bdf is not a sushi lover.....do they have other things besides sushi??

I just tried Matsu No Ma for the first time a few weeks ago, and was thrilled to read that allicat enjoyed it too. I don't care for sushi, but the lounge also has tempura entrees served with rice and Sumashi soup. I enjoyed the vegetables with a glass of plum wine. The atmosphere is very relaxing, a perfect halfway-point break at Epcot.

Allicat, thanks for the reviews! One of these days I'm going to have to try that Tonga Toast...!

We agree with you about the Tonga Toast, we always have to have some on every trip. It is so good......

We also agree with you about California Grill & Peco's Bills they are two of our favorite places to eat.

Thanks for the great reviews.

Thanks for the great reviews, I will definitely have to try the tonga toast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter