We passed ROFR!

I tried a couple times. They all said the same thing, that the activation code doesn't exist yet and will take a few days to process. They could find my membership # and other contact details no problem but even when asking a supervisor they said it takes a while for the system to generate an activation code.
I think you are maybe being brushed off. Mine was given to me same day it came onto Comptroller's website. I had to get a specific department, maybe member accounting. Sorry but it was a while ago.

I found ours online!!! But when I called the lady would not even look up our info... she kept insisting I needed a member number and I told her we just have the deed number, she was no help.

I think you are maybe being brushed off. Mine was given to me same day it came onto Comptroller's website. I had to get a specific department, maybe member accounting. Sorry but it was a while ago.

I spoke to a Guide and 2 different member services reps, one of which but me on hold for 10 minutes while consulting a supervisor. That person seemed super eager to try and track down the activation # for me after after searching all over my record tried the supervisor. So it didn't seem like a brush off.

I have the membership #. It's the activation # that I need. To the poster above, how could I get that online?

I spoke to a Guide and 2 different member services reps, one of which but me on hold for 10 minutes while consulting a supervisor. That person seemed super eager to try and track down the activation # for me after after searching all over my record tried the supervisor. So it didn't seem like a brush off.

I have the membership #. It's the activation # that I need. To the poster above, how could I get that online?
when I went to the orange county site I looked up our names and the deed came up, I was hoping that MS could look up my info by the Deed number

when I went to the orange county site I looked up our names and the deed came up, I was hoping that MS could look up my info by the Deed number

What they told me was there are several departments that the record goes through that enter different parts of the new membership record and it shows up in their system in pieces. I had my deed number but didn't need it -- they found my new record quickly using my name and address. But it didn't have the membership # right away and still doesn't have the activation # yet. And the points are imported by yet a different department. Lot of people, lots of paper, lots of data entry. It probably explains why some people get everything almost right away and some like me take longer -- manual process is subject to how busy, how many people are on vacation, etc.

If they can't look us up without an activation code or member number do I just wait for the snail mail from Disney???

If they can't look us up without an activation code or member number do I just wait for the snail mail from Disney???

The activation code and club ID are to setup online access. They don't them them to look up your membership. All these needed for me was my name and address and time for it to get into their system which took 7 days for the membership and 8 days for the activation code and club id.

If you aren't in a hurry you can wait for the snail mail. I'm probably another week or 2 from getting it that way but booked today using what I got over the phone.

The activation code and club ID are to setup online access. They don't them them to look up your membership. All these needed for me was my name and address and time for it to get into their system which took 7 days for the membership and 8 days for the activation code and club id.

If you aren't in a hurry you can wait for the snail mail. I'm probably another week or 2 from getting it that way but booked today using what I got over the phone.
not in a hurry to book, just anxious to bank points before the deadline. I will call back next week. Our address wasn't even taken in the phone call. Not a warm fuzzy first call to dvc.

not in a hurry to book, just anxious to bank points before the deadline. I will call back next week. Our address wasn't even taken in the phone call. Not a warm fuzzy first call to dvc.
About 2 days after it was on the site I was able to get Disney to talk to me. So I would call on the 26th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter