We need a Sports thread

My daughter is a rising sophomore at JMU. They just upset #1 Oklahoma in softball in the first game of the College World Series.
JMU's victory today was amazing. I have no connection to the school, but I'll be cheering for them as they continue.

Is it really necessary to post a bunch of YouTube clips here when you have a whole thread dedicated to soccer?

We're not fit to post videos. We're not fit. We're not fit....

Teehee. Just kidding. Go ahead and post em. If we don't like em we can skip em. They don't bother me.

My daughter is a rising sophomore at JMU. They just upset #1 Oklahoma in softball in the first game of the College World Series.

The announcers need to stop calling it the upset of the century and admit the NCAA totally blew it in biased and moronic fashion not seeding them in the top[ 8. Heck. They didn't even seed them in the top 16. They had to go to Knoxville to beat Tennessee and they had to go to Columbia to beat Missouri. And now they've beaten both Oklahoma teams in virtual home games. They just beat Oklahoma St. who now moves to the other bracket. They will play the winner of FSU ASU. JMU is guaranteed at least final 4 and now awaits for who will come out of the losers bracket between Oklahoma, Georgia, and the loser of UCLA/Alabama who will have to beat JMU twice to advance to the finals whereas JMU only needs one.

OU plays Georgia tomorrow. The winner than plays the loser of UCLA Alabama and the winner of that gets a rested JMU. Although rest isn't as important in Softball because the motion is not nearly as hard on arms.

Edit. Down to one game between JMU and OU now. I think everybody but OU fans are rooting for little JMU to pull it off and get to the title series. Too bad the stadium will be 9/10ths OU fans. Yeah that's fair. Let's have it in Oklahoma City every year.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter