"We Live Here!", After Hours Events, BDay Celebrations, & Sampling All the Snacks (Girl's Trip, June 2019) Completed 8/10

It's Time to Go to the Cat Club!
June 13th, Part 1

So unlike most trips we take, the earliest direct flight to Orlando was at 12:55 pm. This was a constant source of stress for me leading up to the trip as there had been some pretty bad afternoon thunderstorms every day, and flights tended to get grounded around this time sometimes for 3-4+ hours.

Josh dropped me off at the airport, and once I went through security I stopped for my normal Starbucks order which is a Pink Drink and one of the bacon, gouda, and egg breakfast sandwiches. It was interesting trying to navigate my new suitcase through the airport. I got a lot of compliments on my bag though, and it fit A LOT.
IMG_6038.jpeg

Sitting behind me in the airport was a very loud family who were on their way to Disney too (they were cheering about how they had bought $1 ponchos and remembered to bring them I think). The dad kept trying to make jokes to amuse his teenage children who did not seem amused. When his daughters came back from Starbucks he loudly asked them if they got their "mocha wocha frappe lubba wubba wubbas".

Soon we were getting called to board...on time! I couldn't believe that we wouldn't end up delayed, and was pretty happy to get on the plane. For the first time since I've been flying to Orlando the flight wasn't full, and there was a seat between me and the guy in the window seat. (I usually prefer the window seat, but chose the aisle because I was flying alone and knew I'd have to get up and use the bathroom). The person in my row was great too, he mostly slept the whole ride, and it was basically like having the whole row to myself.

I watched a horror movie that was totally bananas but pretty interesting called Monster Party, and texted Samantha during the flight (Southwest now has free Imessaging). There were storms in the area we were flying in, but over the clouds everything was pretty clear. During the last hour I also watched some of an episode of Good Omens, and our landing was probably the smoothest I've ever experienced.

I navigated the airport fairly easily (we don't take ME very often so I wasn't sure how quickly I'd find it), and was at the ME check in, in no time. They got me right on a bus that was leaving (I think I was the last one on), and off we went. Yacht Club ended up being the first stop too. However our driver had a really thick accent so it somehow sounded like she was saying "cat club" :rotfl:

(Google tells me this is a "cat club").

I was so excited to arrive! Samantha was waiting for me in the lobby, and we ran to each other :rotfl:

She took me to our room, and as I walked in I was greeted with some fancy water.

IMG_6049.jpeg

Samantha left my bed as is so I could get the full effect. I was very excited to be staying here because the Yacht Club is pretty much my favorite resort, and I've always wanted to stay there.

IMG_6051.jpeg

Mini review: The refurbed rooms were great, and the lobby is my favorite smell in all of Disney. The shower/bathroom were great, the beds were comfy, we had a little view (although on other nights I know she had some loud people outside). We did hear some noise from other rooms in the morning, but I think I missed out on most the noise since it happened on the nights before I arrived. We were a short distance to Epcot and many restaurants (although since it was a short stay I didn't get to utilize all of those things). But all in all I did love staying there.

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Poutine, Pimento Cheese, & The Claw
June 13th, Part 2

We took a little bit to settle in, chat, and watched a Lifetime movie called Instakiller :rotfl:.

(As always Lifetime covers don't disappoint).

Then we got ready, and waited for the rain to stop before heading out to DS:

IMG_6059.jpeg

Also our window in the YC had the best picture taking lighting so be prepared for daily selfies of us in front of it :rotfl2:

Our first stop (besides a lady who was playing "Despacito" on an electric harp) was The Daily Poutine! We went with a Classic Poutine which was delicious as always.

A7A5AC24-4764-4BE6-AADB-810F08445CAD.jpeg

After eating the poutine we noticed the sunset looked fantastic, and then proceeded to take 800 photos that didn't do it justice at all:

IMG_6069.jpeg

I think this is also when we noticed the Toy Story 4 PP setup. It's in like a little kiosk, and has The Claw in it. Here's the real gem of our PP session:

IMG_6305.jpeg

Because here I have no idea what's happening...
#ThanksPhotopass

IMG_6307.jpeg

The guy had told me to stand in the claw and her to pull me out? I have no idea why he didn't tell me my eye was totally blocked or why he thought this pose was a great idea. :confused:

Anyway while we were wandering around DS we had been trying to mobile order at Dluxe, but it was being frustrating and not going through. After like the 4th time of trying, Samantha got it to go through.

We got the:

Southern Burger
Signature Blend Beef Patty topped with a Fried Green Tomato, Pimento, Lettuce, Grilled Onion and Bacon

Classic Cheeseburger
Signature Blend Beef Patty topped with Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, Grilled Onion and Pickle

& Fries with Buffalo Sauce, Garlic Ranch, and Honey Mustard

IMG_6089.jpeg

The Southern Burger was amazing! A really delicious combo, and the patty was cooked perfectly.
We split everything (like the good food reviewers we are).

We headed to Amorette's to check out the Unicorn Cake we'd read about earlier that week.

It's sooo cute, right? Unfortunately they didn't have any, and we couldn't quite hear the CM we asked over the noise in there but it sounded like she said they wouldn't have any for 2 more weeks. :confused:

So we decided to skip Amorettes and see if the Ganachery had anything new (I saw a sign that said their specialty s'more was back). But we got totally turned around, and didn't find the Ganachery right away (although we did find a man singing "Jolene" on a stage, DS has some interesting entertainment tonight).

So we decided to head out since it was getting close to the start of after hours (well you could get in at 7pm, but we decided to go for the start of the actual event at 10 pm).

Next up
We head to the Villains After Hours!

Last edited:

Glad your flight wasn’t delayed and you made it to Disney!

That sunset is gorgeous. Hahaha we found that toy story booth in DS also and it was such a strange and awkward experience. I’m not entirely sure the CMs knew what to make of it either lol. I don’t think our photopass showed up from it, I’ll have to look again!

The dad kept trying to make jokes to amuse his teenage children who did not seem amused. When his daughters came back from Starbucks he loudly asked them if they got their "mocha wocha frappe lubba wubba wubbas".
:rotfl:

Soon we were getting called to board...on time!
YAY! What a relief! I'm constantly fretting over what could go wrong to prevent a trip from happening or being delayed. Especially with such a short trip that time, I'm so glad things went according to plan! :thumbsup2

#ThanksPhotopass
:laughing: Your poor eye! It looks as if it's being gouged out :sad2:

This pretty much sums my directional abilities right up.

I'm so excited to read about your experience at After Hours - I keep debating whether I want to do one soon.

Glad your flight wasn’t delayed and you made it to Disney!

That sunset is gorgeous. Hahaha we found that toy story booth in DS also and it was such a strange and awkward experience. I’m not entirely sure the CMs knew what to make of it either lol. I don’t think our photopass showed up from it, I’ll have to look again!

I was glad too!

It was so awkward :rotfl:

YAY! What a relief! I'm constantly fretting over what could go wrong to prevent a trip from happening or being delayed. Especially with such a short trip that time, I'm so glad things went according to plan! :thumbsup2

Yeah, I was really worried because with such a short trip there isn’t really time to reschedule.

:laughing: Your poor eye! It looks as if it's being gouged out :sad2:

Yes! And they had to have been able to see that through the camera! That’s why I don’t understand why they had me stand there :rotfl:

This pretty much sums my directional abilities right up.

Me too! I’m pretty okay at navigating the parks now but I get so turned around in DS :laughing:

I'm so excited to read about your experience at After Hours - I keep debating whether I want to do one soon.

I like the idea of after hours too, and I’d do more in the future. But I’ll post about my feelings on the specific ones we did and if those seemed worth it.

Glad your flight took off on time!! That is definitely the worst stress of traveling because there is so little you can do to avoid it!! Awesome that it was smooth sailing though!

Your dinner in Disney Springs sounds delish! Can't wait to hear your thoughts of Villains AH! Too bad we didn't run into you guys!

Samantha was waiting for me in the lobby, and we ran to each other :rotfl:

I hope she wasn't drunk like the guy she ran into when she first got to the Yacht Club lobby!

ltUVNS9l.jpg

The guy had told me to stand in the claw and her to pull me out? I have no idea why he didn't tell me my eye was totally blocked or why he thought this pose was a great idea. :confused:
It is pretty funny, it looks like the claw is poking your eye out!

I'm very excited to read this latest report. We were at the same party. I'm thinking of writing my first report after the trip. The rain was intense during that day of the party. :wave2:

Southwest has slightly bigger carry on guidelines than some other airlines but this one was right at the edge so I was still a little nervous).

I feel like they don't even care! I've seen people with huge carry-ons. Southwest is da best!

The person in my row was great too, he mostly slept the whole ride, and it was basically like having the whole row to myself.

Sounds like a day full of good travel luck! Karma for your San Diego trip, perhaps?

(Southwest now has free Imessaging)

Again, the best!

However our driver had a really thick accent so it somehow sounded like she was saying "cat club"

My kind of club!!!

Pretty! Love your lip color!

Wow, Florida, ok!!!

You're getting stabbed in the eye!

Southern Burger
Signature Blend Beef Patty topped with a Fried Green Tomato, Pimento, Lettuce, Grilled Onion and Bacon

Yummm this was so delicious when I had it! Glad you had a good experience with it too!

Hi Raeven! So happy to be joining in on another one of your fab reports!!! The first part of your evening in DS sounded wonderful. I really need to get over to the Daily Poutine one of these next trips...

I got a lot of compliments on my bag though, and it fit A LOT.

I do love your bag! It’s very cute.

During the last hour I also watched some of an episode of Good Omens, and our landing was probably the smoothest I've ever experienced.

So was it a “good omen” that you had a smooth landing? .... No? Sorry, that was bad.

We went with a Classic Poutine which was delicious as always.

Yummy!

And closer...

:rotfl2: That’s a great picture!

DS has some interesting entertainment tonight).

I feel like they always have interesting entertainment...

Glad you didn't run into any delays!

Your time at DS sounds fun, those Toy Story pics are too funny!

Me too!

Yes, it was a good night at DS.

Glad your flight took off on time!! That is definitely the worst stress of traveling because there is so little you can do to avoid it!! Awesome that it was smooth sailing though!

Me too, I was so stressed about that.

Your dinner in Disney Springs sounds delish! Can't wait to hear your thoughts of Villains AH! Too bad we didn't run into you guys!

I know, I wish we saw you guys :sad:

I hope she wasn't drunk like the guy she ran into when she first got to the Yacht Club lobby!

If she was that drunk I don't think she would've made it to the doors without falling down :rotfl:

I'm very excited to read this latest report. We were at the same party. I'm thinking of writing my first report after the trip. The rain was intense during that day of the party. :wave2:

Thanks for following along! You should! Oh yeah, the rain was bad we were lucky enough to be in the room the whole time so we didn't notice it too much.

I feel like they don't even care! I've seen people with huge carry-ons. Southwest is da best!

I love it! Who cares if your carry on is big? The other airlines shouldn't be so stingy with bin space.

Sounds like a day full of good travel luck! Karma for your San Diego trip, perhaps?

Yes!v I hope that was it, that one was a nightmare.

My kind of club!!!

New hotel idea for Disney? :rotfl:

Pretty! Love your lip color!

Thank you! I think it was just a classic red one from Smashbox.

Yummm this was so delicious when I had it! Glad you had a good experience with it too!
Yes we loved it!

Hi Raeven! So happy to be joining in on another one of your fab reports!!! The first part of your evening in DS sounded wonderful. I really need to get over to the Daily Poutine one of these next trips...

Thanks for following along! I totally recommend The Daily Poutine, I go there every trip :laughing:

I would totally go here!!! This looks amazing

I love this gif :lmao: I think that's what a cat club should be.

OMG, these photos, LOL

I can't :rotfl:

I do love your bag! It’s very cute.

Thank you! It was a good price too and it's held up so far.

So was it a “good omen” that you had a smooth landing? .... No? Sorry, that was bad.

:rotfl:

:rotfl2: That’s a great picture!

I just want to know what the PP guy was thinking when he took this :rotfl:

I feel like they always have interesting entertainment...

They do! They had the rolling piano lady too, it was allll out that night.

Villains After Hours, Part 1
June 13th, Part 3

So last time I checked in we were trying to get on a bus to After Hours, and we were running a little late.

We ended up standing between the stations for the Poly/GFlo and the Contemporary/WL, and deciding we’d take whichever came first. The Contemporary/WL one got there first (then took forever to get to the resort, and then we walked to MK) so we missed about the first 40 minutes of after hours.

On the bus my dad texted me asking if after hours meant we were going to “drop the honey and dance the night away with Pooh”. (I’ll leave that up to you to decode however you want:rotfl:).

DF50A71E-41FF-4643-83F6-B3EB8BFBFA91.gif

Since we were late, we decided to make our priority the special villains themed after hours offerings since they usually don’t have those at the regular after hours.

IMG_6114.jpeg

First things first, I had to grab a free Mickey bar because I’d never had one before! I’m not a big ice cream person, and honestly don’t really see myself buying more of them in the future, but they are an iconic Disney snack and now I can say I’ve had one.

IMG_6120.jpeg

(No artsy background to be had so a sign reminding us of impending doom and some Disney trash cans is a close second :rotfl:)

Haunted Mansion was all lit up kind of like how it is at the Halloween party, but the lights flashed on and off and whenever I went to take a picture they were off :laughing:

The ride was a walk on and soon we were reunited with all the happy haunts.
My first PP on Haunted Mansion! Luckily, Samantha knew where the camera was.

E04129B1-4010-409B-8F05-7FB5CAE7599D.jpeg
(We committed really hard to the scared face :lmao:).

Next we headed to Tomorrowland to check if the wait for Space Mt had gone down (it had been 30-40 minutes when we got there).

And I took this picture to I guess get proof we were at the Villains after hours? :rotfl:
We stopped for some Yzma’s Llama Potion:

IMG_6134.jpeg

Yzma’s Llama Potion was Strawberry Fanta with dry ice on top to create the bubbling effect. It was delicious, but if you breathed at all while drinking the bubbles from the dry ice went up your nose :rotfl2:.

Now that we were llamas again, it was time to ride Space Mt!

Space Mt now said it was a 10 minute wait, but it was more like 20 minutes.

Space Mt is not a ride either of us typically ride, but it had a “villains overlay” for the event so in our quest to do all the villains themed things we had to try it out. All the “villains overlay” really meant is that the ride was in the dark, and at the end we heard some laughter from Ursula. (I think they did this at MNSSHP last year too).

So it was just very dark and super bumpy. Our consensus was that Space Mt is still not for us, and we have no idea what they were going for with this overlay.

Also when the picture was taken we both screamed and I love this picture:rotfl:

IMG_6326.jpeg

The ride was so rough that when we got out apparently Samantha’s MB stayed behind :rotfl: but luckily a CM brought it back.

Finally we headed out of Tomorrowland. We stopped by the Main St Emporium to look at the event merch, and I ended up buying this tank:

They were also out of Tervis tumblers already (nothing else though) which I’d been looking at as a potential gift for Josh since he likes Hades.

The next stop on our after hours adventure would be...Adventureland! We had some Pirates and nachos to get to...

Our after hours adventure will be continued in part 2, which I’ll be posting later today!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter