We leave tomorrow and I'm SUPER frustrated with Disney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just complaining to DH this morning that it is totally unfair of Disney to make you plan FPs and ADRS months in advance, but they don't commit to park hours or showtimes until a few weeks in advance, at best.

I'm really struggling with our Christmas week plans right now because I'm pretty sure things are going to change.

DH did mention that they are very data-driven, as they are actually customers of the software company he works for. One of the CEOs (or something big like that) talked at a meeting they had last year about how they use the data their software collects constantly to make decisions, often in real-time, in order to maximize efficiency and improve "the experience".

So it makes sense, but it's still annoying!

It does make sense - and truthfully, if I didn't have the ADR, I'd be psyched for the extended hours. I just wish they could adjust a few more days out so I could come up with a decent back-up plan:)

Crowd projections haven't changed. Disney is notorious for adjusting hours and adding parades/shows the closer it gets to dates. Your hotel is book solid because most Disney resorts operate at 90+% capacity 100% of the year, and you can't move FP+ because you're within days now and everyone has them all booked. There's nothing that indicates it will be busier next week than it has been in previous years. No fret!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Honestly, I'm a planner and I want so badly to plan every little aspect of my trip. However, reading all the threads about changes with park hours is making me second guess that strategy. I will make my ADRs and FP+ like a good little guest and just cross my fingers.

#firstworldprobs

Seriously, be thankful you can go to Disney, spend the monthly salary of some people in this world on breakfast, and even take a vacation. Just sayin'

I really hope this doesn't "mess up" your day. Have a great trip!:goodvibes

Seriously, this is the worst kind of response. What a jerk.

#firstworldprobs Seriously, be thankful you can go to Disney, spend the monthly salary of some people in this world on breakfast, and even take a vacation. Just sayin' I really hope this doesn't "mess up" your day. Have a great trip!:goodvibes

I seemed to have missed the part where the OP was not thankful they could go to Disney. Also if your monthly salary is $200, you should contact your local authorities, as you are being paid massively below the Federal Minimum Wage.

I did see the part where the OP expressed dismay that their Theme Park Strategy (purpose) of this board, was thrown through a loop by Disney, through no fault of their own, after planning everything the way Disney demands. I also saw the part where a bunch of fellow travelers expressed their plans have now been altered by this change, dramatically changing their planning (another purpose of this forum) and likely leaving them with the inability to experience something special, they had purposely planned for.

#MissedThePoint

I am in the EXACT same situation. So angry right now! I'm thinking that with the 8:15, if we go to the "breakfast" turnstile, that we might be let in around 7:50? That would give us a little time without the crowds. But it still ruins my touring plans for that morning...

ummmm.....ok????

I worked really hard to save for this trip, and also worked hard to plan it to be a great experience for all those going (btw - I'm also paying for my mother and Mother-In-Law to be able to come. They've never been before and will probably never go again because of the expense.) I think it's ok to be frustrated that a trip I have worked so hard to plan is negatively impacted by Disney's last-minute changes.

Yes - there are lots and lots of people who have it worse off than I do. That wasn't the point of this post. I think most of the people on this board understood my frustration and could relate to the disappointment. Several have also thanked me for the "heads up" that park hours changed so they could adjust their plans, also. I don't understand the reason for these kinds of comments, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Nearly every thread on this forum digresses into some form of argument with people criticizing each other. I probably should have expected it.:(

Just...whatever.

I would be irritated, too! Disney extended hours from 9am to 8am on a couple of days for some of our trips in Oct. and I was always so glad that it didn't happen on the days that I had my 8:05 CP reservation.

I am glad that you were able to come up with a good solution. Have a great trip! :)

I seemed to have missed the part where the OP was not thankful they could go to Disney. Also if your monthly salary is $200, you should contact your local authorities, as you are being paid massively below the Federal Minimum Wage.

#MissedThePoint

Dude, I said many parts of THE WORLD, not the US. We are all relatively rich here. Read carefully.

#peopleneedtohavesomeperspectivethat'sall

I'm not trying to start an argument, and I happen to agree with you that a trip to Disney takes a ton of planning as well as a ton of money. From your signature, I can tell by your many deluxe stays at WDW that you probably know all about that.

What gives me pause, however, is your assertion that Disney's decision to open an hour earlier to spread out the crowd for many thousands of people is going to RUIN YOUR ENTIRE DAY! If Mom and Mom-in-Law's "once in a lifetime" experience is destroyed just because they didn't get to walk down Main Street before Rope Drop, well, I'm just saying it would probably do you good to have a little perspective.

It's GREAT that you are giving a head's up for park hours changing! If I were planning a trip during that time, I'd totally be grateful! I understand that changes out of your control can make you frustrated. I hate that too.

I guess it was the DEGREE of your panic over the time that you are going to eat breakfast that made me do this: :rolleyes2 and this: :stir:

Here's hoping your party isn't too disappointed with the trip you've worked so hard to plan for them!pixiedust:

First, the several "deluxe stays" are actually ones that we were able to take through my husbands work and we did not pay for the hotel. Frankly, we would not be able to afford deluxe rates. This trip we rented DVC points and paid a price less than the rack rate of a moderate. And regardless of whether I could afford deluxe, moderate, value, or a camp site, none of that has anything to do with the amount of time and energy I put into planning this trip.

I wasn't stating that my entire day was ruined - I stated that it messed up my entire day. Meaning all the plans that I had for that day were now out the window. The wait times that I had anticipated for each attraction with a 9 am opening are no longer relevant with an 8 am park opening. Everything that I had put hours into planning is now going to have to be re-worked. The night before I leave. Maybe my meaning wasn't clear, but it seems you were the only one who perceived my frustration as being extreme or misguided given the situation.

While I may have been a little dramatic in my post, I think if you read through the rest of my posts my attitude quickly shifted. I thanked everyone for their encouragement and stated I was moving ahead with building a contingency plan. Which is what I'm going to go do now:)

What gives me pause, however, is your assertion that Disney's decision to open an hour earlier to spread out the crowd for many thousands of people is going to RUIN YOUR ENTIRE DAY! If Mom and Mom-in-Law's "once in a lifetime" experience is destroyed just because they didn't get to walk down Main Street before Rope Drop, well, I'm just saying it would probably do you good to have a little perspective. It's GREAT that you are giving a head's up for park hours changing! If I were planning a trip during that time, I'd totally be grateful!
I guess it was the DEGREE of your panic over the time that you are going to eat breakfast that made me do this: :rolleyes2 and this: :stir: :

Do you happen to have a list somewhere of what level of importance each experience should be to each individual person? So are we allowed to be really bummed if our favorite ride is down for the day, or would our favorite M&G take priority over level of disappointment allowed to be felt? I know on our recent trip walking down Empty Main St. was very high on our anticipation level. In fact I'd say it's the thing I mentioned most often pre-vacation. The panoramics I shot will soon adorn my office wall. Had that been taken away last second, yes I would have been epically bummed. But you seem to be the judge and jury in the department of "How much disappointment allowed."

As for the GREAT they give you notice....please tell me you're joking. The OP was given 3 days notice after planning something for over 6 months.

For further info op when Disney does this get on the phone to the dinning hotline and see if you can snag an earlier time.

Or If possible cancel and make for a later breakfast time and enjoy the park before eating.

I hound times and the magic hours the week before we leave just for this reason.

Disney has changed times on me in the past too op sorry:goodvibes

You will have a great trip. :thumbsup2

ummmm.....ok????

I worked really hard to save for this trip, and also worked hard to plan it to be a great experience for all those going (btw - I'm also paying for my mother and Mother-In-Law to be able to come. They've never been before and will probably never go again because of the expense.) I think it's ok to be frustrated that a trip I have worked so hard to plan is negatively impacted by Disney's last-minute changes.

Yes - there are lots and lots of people who have it worse off than I do. That wasn't the point of this post. I think most of the people on this board understood my frustration and could relate to the disappointment. Several have also thanked me for the "heads up" that park hours changed so they could adjust their plans, also. I don't understand the reason for these kinds of comments, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Nearly every thread on this forum digresses into some form of argument with people criticizing each other. I probably should have expected it.:(

You don't have to justify your feelings. If people are that concerned with #ThirdWorldProbs vs #FirstWorldProbs maybe they need to mosey along and quit telling you what your priorities should be.

I would be very disappointed, as well. I hope some extra and/or different type of pixie dust heads your way.

Dude, I said many parts of THE WORLD, not the US. We are all relatively rich here. Read carefully.

#peopleneedtohavesomeperspectivethat'sall

I got your point. It's all in how you look at things. OP is certainly entitled to vent, and I understand the frustration, but sometimes it helps to take a step back and see the forest for the trees.

I am having to cancel 2 breakfast reservations Thanksgiving week because of the changes. Overall, I am happy with the extended hours though, and I have to remind myself of that. I think, on balance, I'll benefit more from the extended hours than the breakfasts I'll be missing.

Do you happen to have a list somewhere of what level of importance each experience should be to each individual person? So are we allowed to be really bummed if our favorite ride is down for the day, or would our favorite M&G take priority over level of disappointment allowed to be felt? I know on our recent trip walking down Empty Main St. was very high on our anticipation level. In fact I'd say it's the thing I mentioned most often pre-vacation. The panoramics I shot will soon adorn my office wall. Had that been taken away last second, yes I would have been epically bummed. But you seem to be the judge and jury in the department of "How much disappointment allowed."

As for the GREAT they give you notice....please tell me you're joking. The OP was given 3 days notice after planning something for over 6 months.

I said it's GREAT that the OP was giving others a head's up (she mentioned that they said they were grateful). Again, read carefully.

I got your point. It's all in how you look at things. OP is certainly entitled to vent, and I understand the frustration, but sometimes it helps to take a step back and see the forest for the trees.

I am having to cancel 2 breakfast reservations Thanksgiving week because of the changes. Overall, I am happy with the extended hours though, and I have to remind myself of that. I think, on balance, I'll benefit more from the extended hours than the breakfasts I'll be missing.

Thanks. Exactly. I'm frankly jealous- I wish I were planning a trip in the immediate future, but we were just there not too long ago.

For me, excitement and thankfulness of being back in the place I love greatly outweigh crowds or changes in park hours, regardless of the planning I've put in. You know what they say about the best laid plans of mice (even THE MOUSE) and men...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter