We leave tomorrow and I'm SUPER frustrated with Disney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fratthouse

DIS Veteran
easywdw just reported that WDW has just changed the opening time on 11/16 from 9 am to 8 am. I have an 8:15 am ADR at crystal palace that day!!! Now, instead of having main street to ourselves (the whole point of the early ADR), we will be let in with everyone else and will be losing out on the best hour of park touring for the day.

I get that they have to make adjustments for crowds, etc. But 3 days before? Seriously?!?!? I can't even tell you how many hours I have spent planning, scouring for the perfect adrs and fastpasses. And now, the night before our trip, they mess up the entire day.

ADR's at 180 days out. FP+ at 60 days out. And final park hours 3 days out??? That is a lousy system, Disney. Lousy.

I'm so sorry, that is so beyond annoying. I know how coveted those early morning ADRs for CP are and how nice it is to have Main Street to yourself. Maybe you should just cancel the ADR and go early and start touring?

Yeah this is awful, happened to like 5 people on my December Disboards Facebook group. Changing times inside of 180 is the worst thing Disney does, IMO.

I feel your frustration and I'm glad I saw your post. We leave Saturday and Sunday is our planned MK day. I've got my personalized touring plan all set, FP set, and this does throw a curve into the plan. I especially understand your frustration with your ADR. That would upset me too.

I'm glad you posted this because we will be there that day too, although no breakfast ressie. I wonder why that extra hour? Is it because it will be busier than expected? :confused3

I'm glad you posted this because we will be there that day too, although no breakfast ressie. I wonder why that extra hour? Is it because it will be busier than expected? :confused3

I'm starting to think next week is going to be quite a bit busier than expected. I picked that week due to projected low crowds, but now my hotel is booked solid and I'm having difficulty moving FPs around for several attractions that aren't even that popular.

I'm so sorry for the situation that the OP is in now. I think I would cancel the reservation so you don't lose out on valuable park time.

Well considering they want you to be 15-20 minutes before your ADR, it would appear that you will have time to have Main Street to yourselves.

easywdw just reported that WDW has just changed the opening time on 11/16 from 9 am to 8 am. I have an 8:15 am ADR at crystal palace that day!!! Now, instead of having main street to ourselves (the whole point of the early ADR), we will be let in with everyone else and will be losing out on the best hour of park touring for the day.

I get that they have to make adjustments for crowds, etc. But 3 days before? Seriously?!?!? I can't even tell you how many hours I have spent planning, scouring for the perfect adrs and fastpasses. And now, the night before our trip, they mess up the entire day.

ADR's at 180 days out. FP+ at 60 days out. And final park hours 3 days out??? That is a lousy system, Disney. Lousy.

Thanks, everyone. For some reason, it really does help to hear "sorry - that really just stinks" - especially from people who truly understand how much we put in to planning these Disney trips!!!

I'm getting past my initial shock and am moving into action mode to get a new plan. I probably will cancel the ADR - hopefully I'll be able to find something else that day that's decent. Wish me luck!

And for those who commented that they have trips this week - I hope you have a REALLY GREAT time:)

Redarrow5150 said:
Well considering they want you to be 15-20 minutes before your ADR, it would appear that you will have time to have Main Street to yourselves.

I don't think they will let you in early with an 8:15 reservation time when yr park opens at 8

I feel your pain. We got one of those early morning ressies and it is special to walk down a nearly empty main street and take castle pics with no one there. Don't let it ruin the day, though. Maybe try pushing the reservation back to 10-ish and take advantage of the low crowds and then have a leisurely breakfast later?

Thank you for posting this...the friends I planned a trip for are leaving tomorrow as well..they have an 8am Akershus reservation, but are heading to MK afterwards (their trip was decided on well after the 180 day mark, so I took what I could get). I was hoping they'd still get there by 10, and the park would have only been open 1 hr and not that crowded yet...will have to give them a heads up it may be a bit more crowded.

This is making me glad I have FP+ for them starting at 10:05-11:05 window..they've got Jungle Cruise then, Peter Pan from 11:15-12:15, BOG with a 12:30-1:00 window, and then ETWB from 12:50-1:50. The park, I believe, closes early that night, so there may not be a whole lot of FP+ availability for the 4th FP+ and beyond. Hopefully the lines won't be too long for them to get some rides (like HM or iasw) in between those FP+..

I feel your pain. We got one of those early morning ressies and it is special to walk down a nearly empty main street and take castle pics with no one there. Don't let it ruin the day, though. Maybe try pushing the reservation back to 10-ish and take advantage of the low crowds and then have a leisurely breakfast later?

That is exactly what I did:) There's nothing available at Crystal Palace, but I did manage to snag a 10:15 at 1900 park fare, so we'll tour MK for about an hour and a half while the crowds are low, then hop over to GF for breakfast. Not quite as perfect, but it will still be a good day. Thanks for the encouragement - it really has helped me!!

I'm starting to think next week is going to be quite a bit busier than expected. I picked that week due to projected low crowds, but now my hotel is booked solid and I'm having difficulty moving FPs around for several attractions that aren't even that popular.

I'm so sorry for the situation that the OP is in now. I think I would cancel the reservation so you don't lose out on valuable park time.

Crowd projections haven't changed. Disney is notorious for adjusting hours and adding parades/shows the closer it gets to dates. Your hotel is book solid because most Disney resorts operate at 90+% capacity 100% of the year, and you can't move FP+ because you're within days now and everyone has them all booked. There's nothing that indicates it will be busier next week than it has been in previous years. No fret!

Now, instead of having main street to ourselves (the whole point of the early ADR), we will be let in with everyone else and will be losing out on the best hour of park touring for the day.

I can't even tell you how many hours I have spent planning, scouring for the perfect adrs and fastpasses. And now, the night before our trip, they mess up the entire day.

#firstworldprobs

Seriously, be thankful you can go to Disney, spend the monthly salary of some people in this world on breakfast, and even take a vacation. Just sayin'

I really hope this doesn't "mess up" your day. Have a great trip!:goodvibes

#firstworldprobs

Seriously, be thankful you can go to Disney, spend the monthly salary of some people in this world on breakfast, and even take a vacation. Just sayin'

I think op is entitled to her complaint, especially because this is a forum to discuss Disney trips. Its not a world hunger forum.

#firstworldprobs

ummmm.....ok????

I worked really hard to save for this trip, and also worked hard to plan it to be a great experience for all those going (btw - I'm also paying for my mother and Mother-In-Law to be able to come. They've never been before and will probably never go again because of the expense.) I think it's ok to be frustrated that a trip I have worked so hard to plan is negatively impacted by Disney's last-minute changes.

Yes - there are lots and lots of people who have it worse off than I do. That wasn't the point of this post. I think most of the people on this board understood my frustration and could relate to the disappointment. Several have also thanked me for the "heads up" that park hours changed so they could adjust their plans, also. I don't understand the reason for these kinds of comments, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Nearly every thread on this forum digresses into some form of argument with people criticizing each other. I probably should have expected it.:(

I was just complaining to DH this morning that it is totally unfair of Disney to make you plan FPs and ADRS months in advance, but they don't commit to park hours or showtimes until a few weeks in advance, at best.

I'm really struggling with our Christmas week plans right now because I'm pretty sure things are going to change.

DH did mention that they are very data-driven, as they are actually customers of the software company he works for. One of the CEOs (or something big like that) talked at a meeting they had last year about how they use the data their software collects constantly to make decisions, often in real-time, in order to maximize efficiency and improve "the experience".

So it makes sense, but it's still annoying!

You must plan, plan, plan! Then the week of your trip, we'll change everything around. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Love,
WDW Execs

:badpc:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter