We just returned last night from WL....

Rusty, I saw a post from you last week with the low numbers at Epcot, and now this week with Epcot again & MK. Have the #'s been lower this year than during the same time frame in other years?

Also, regarding Disney currently not discounting: It seems like there's always some kind of discount to choose from, whether it be room only discounts or free dining, pin codes, etc.

To the OP, totally agree about WL. We stay at the Villas & love it.

Thank you for the great review. We will be at WL in 1 week and I've been reading a lot about how the love bugs have invaded the World. Did you notice them badly at WL - particularly at the pool area or out on the balcony?? This will be our first stay at WL and the first visit ever for my DH & boys - I'm hoping we can get in some quality pool time without these bugs making us crazy. Thanks!!

They were out but not in abundance.....pool area hardly any and a few around our balcony (we were on the 6th floor courtyard main pool north) but the most encounters with the little devils were at the parks but really not that bad or annoying.....must just be starting.....good luck!

Hey Pepe
We live a tad north of you west of the railroad tracks in Vienna Ohio.
We too loved the WL but once bitten by the GF, we enjoy there now.

This summer had a great time, although the rain did bless our presence a little to often it did not dampen our spirits.

So, You are addicted to Disney.

We have two addiction, Disney and cruising.

Oh well, gotta go.
Talk to you soon

Safe travels
Sue and crew

Yep, neighbors.....and yes, we are addicted (this was trip 45 for us) just can't get enough of WDW, must go at least once every year...now with enjoying our granddaughter (this trip at 20 months and last trip at 11 months) we had the times of our lives.....we've stayed at GF along time ago and it didn't do much for us but we gave it a shot.....last year we broke our tradition (Wilderness Lodge Resort) and had an offer for OKW, since we were traveling among 2 other families, we decided to share the 2 bedroom and see what it was all about.....got to say it was a different trip...not as enjoyable as all our others...OKW may be grand and well appointed but for us, the location was terrible...you just can't beat being in the MK area with the lakes....glad we're back to the Lodge.....

Just talked to a co-worker who was in MK on Wed Sept 14th and said it was crowded...lots of kids (her comment was "Isn't school in session?").
Yes, she has kids...and yes she has been to WDW before. Just curious if there were any tour groups there? I told her I would jump on it ASAP! :lmao:

Glad you had a good time! How did you find the heat? That's the one reason I've never been to Disney in September - I'm not used to heat.

It didn't seem as hot as some other trips we've taken......nothing in the high 90's or above and there always seemed to be a good breeze around....granddaughter was always up at 6 am and we always started the day with a dip in the pool...so refreshing in the morning and temps perfect for swimming (some mornings rather cool out) .....parks weren't that bad and we always broke from the parks around 2 ish and back to the resort for more pool time...it was all about the granddaughter.....but the heat was never a problem nor hinderance.....would consider doing WDW in September in a heart beat....based on crowds being non existant and resort not crowded...perfect time to be in Disney....

Thank you for the great review. We will be at WL in 1 week and I've been reading a lot about how the love bugs have invaded the World. Did you notice them badly at WL - particularly at the pool area or out on the balcony?? This will be our first stay at WL and the first visit ever for my DH & boys - I'm hoping we can get in some quality pool time without these bugs making us crazy. Thanks!!

Mom and I went for a quick trip and stayed at All Star Sports. We just got back yesterday. Love bugs were awful! The hotel was the wost...we even saw locusts (huge grasshopper looking bugs) and palmettos (sp?). Very bad!! We had to swat them away at the bus stop and as we walked. With a value there is no hallway to get to your room so we had to run into our room so quickly because they covered the door.

That being said they weren't as bad at the parks. And this was our experience at All Star Sports...perhaps WL wasn't as bad? We were there in May and last September and this trip was way worse in terms of bugs! And I agree with the OP WL is an amazing hotel!! You'll love it!

Mom and I went for a quick trip and stayed at All Star Sports. We just got back yesterday. Love bugs were awful! The hotel was the wost...we even saw locusts (huge grasshopper looking bugs) and palmettos (sp?). Very bad!! We had to swat them away at the bus stop and as we walked. With a value there is no hallway to get to your room so we had to run into our room so quickly because they covered the door.

That being said they weren't as bad at the parks. And this was our experience at All Star Sports...perhaps WL wasn't as bad? We were there in May and last September and this trip was way worse in terms of bugs! And I agree with the OP WL is an amazing hotel!! You'll love it!

Yikes - the OP said they were not that bad at the WL - I guess I am thankful for the indoor hallways - really hadn't thought much about that! I hope we can enjoy the balcony and the courtyard view room we paid extra for ;)

Just talked to a co-worker who was in MK on Wed Sept 14th and said it was crowded...lots of kids (her comment was "Isn't school in session?").
Yes, she has kids...and yes she has been to WDW before. Just curious if there were any tour groups there? I told her I would jump on it ASAP! :lmao:

We were in MK on the 14th and it seemed to be more crowded on that day than on a previous day that week. I had fun sitting in Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe pointing out to my wife, "that kid should be in school, that kid should be in school, that one, and that one,..." as we noticed a lot of what appeared to be school aged American kids.

There was a large percentage of foreigners and I noticed a couple of tour groups with specific t-shirts or vests for their groups and even a tour guide with a small flag to lead a group. It seemed like 50 to 60% of the guests were from outside of the United States, many from South America.

It was not empty parks, We just got back 9/9-9/16 @POP. I didn't get the memo that it was Central/South America week @WDW. I heard nothing but Portuguese and Spanish being spoken. Not large tour groups ,but large family groups 10-15 or more. The only English i did hear was people from England. No off. to anyone but was hoping for the empty parks I heard about on the DIS. Still a great time though, much better than summer or Easter/Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter