We just got the $99 HRH rate!

goofyfordisney

DIS Veteran
I can't believe it--I have been calling trying to get a better rate since August--my husband calls and he says he's heard of the $99 rate and wants it--guess what?--they give it to him!! We have 2 nights (11/17-11/19).

We orginally booked the club room with a "great rate" of $220/night (AAA discount)--they told me that was all they had when I booked. After reading all of posts on this board I wasn't really convinced that we "needed" the club level--but since that was all that was available I booked it! I don't think we will miss the club level perks--it would have been nice, but...

I am thrilled to be staying on-site at the HRH--even more thrilled to save over $240 from our previous ressies!

Sue:cool:

Be careful that they didn't book that rate with a special Fan Club or Florida resident special. People have already been burned by not realizing that reservationist booked that rate and at check in had to pay rack rate. Just a head's up.

The guy who took the reservation didn't say anything about a Florida rate or Fan club membership--we told him that we did have a Loews card--he knows we aren't from Florida--he took our address to send us a confirmation--now I'm alittle worried!:(

Hopefully, we won't have any problems! You know of someone that had a problem when they checked in--did they really pay rack rate??

Just call back and ask the reservation agent about it. Also ask them to send you confirmation.

Good luck!

I already have the entertainment rate for the week of 11/25. I called yesterday asked about getting the $99 rate (fan club member, etc.) and they said it wasn't available for that time period. Glad you got yours.

Yes. just a week ago. My friends had AAA rate and called for better rate and was given 99.00 night. When they checked in the were asked for Fan Club card and they didn't have one. HRH was none too nice about it and ended up charging them 185.00 night. This was out of their budget so they stayed just one night and moved over to Radisson Twin Towers for the next 3 nights.

I would think that if the reservationist booked them a Florida rate & saw they weren't a Fla. resident they should be responsible & honor the rate!

Well, I was already booked with the entertainment rate for 10/22 and called about the $99 rate. The fan club person I spoke to told me the rate was for the whole south east (I'm in SC) and that I qualified. I just wanted to change my room rate (room only package) so he had me call 1-800-232-7827 option 2 (which is the HRH). I asked specifically for the fan club rate and told her my date. She said there were garden views available for $99 and then I told her my existing confirmation number and was told it was changed and no problem. I also made sure to ask if it was per person, or per night. I was told, per night. I was never asked by HRH where I was from, but my address IS on my ressie... I then asked if my Loews blue upgrade would be honored with the fan club rate verses the entertainment rate. She put me on hold and asked... I was told that depending upon my arrival time and availability, I would be upgraded. Well... we will see!! I am a fan club director, and a bit amazed that we didn't get an email about this deal??!! If this works out good, I'm going to come home with some HRH goodies and advertise the heck out of the special... OH... I was told that it was good from now until Feb. 14, 2002.
THANKS!!

Well, we are going to wait and see what our confirmation letter says...my husband travels alot for business--if there is a problem I'm pretty sure he will do his best to make sure that they honor our reservation!

My hubby said that when he made the reservation, he told them that we did have a loews membership and they told him that they would probably be able to upgrade us at the check-in (we will be checking in really early because we are on a red-eye the night before).

Keep your fingers crossed for us! I'll keep you all posted on how it works out for us!

Sue:cool:

Sue,
PM me your mailing address and I will send you a fan club card.
Barb

Where and how do I get a fan club card? Does it cost anything? Thanks

I called yesterday and received the $99 rate. We're going to stay there Dec 15-17. We were already reserved under the fan club rate. He just changed the rate on the reservation.

However, he didn't ask a single question about residency, fan club card, etc. I am a resident of South Carolina, so I guess the rate applies according to the post above.

I guess I'm just a little worried they won't honor the rate.

Anyone actually stayed there yet and received the rate?

I'll be there this Monday (22nd) and will ask lots of questions (I'm a Fan Club Director, so lots of my folks want to know), I promise to post a trip report when I get back. WHOOHOO, can't wait!!!

After seeing the ad in our paper for the 99/night at HRH we decided what the heck and made reservations for Mardi Gras. Since we have lived in the New Orleans are all our lives, we are eager to find alternatives. Don't know how we will afford it so close to our December WDW trip but we will worry about that after Christmas. Yippeeeeeeee

roxanne

I used the Florida resident rate on my stay for 10/12-10/14. Suprisingly I was asked for nothing at check-in! They didn't ask me for my ID or to see a credit card. They just used the info on file!

Jim

jeff,

The ad simply stated that now through 2/14/02 standard garden view rooms were 99/night with some black out dates that looked to be between Christmas and New Years. I have read another post that said it was only offered to nearby states i.e. Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. I don't know how limited it was. It sure can't hurt to call and ask.

roxanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter