We just got back too! Mini trip report

LisainCalifornia

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
Seems like a lot of us are just getting back. We arrived at the Disneyland Hotel on Father's Day at around 10 a.m. They held our luggage while we went into the park. That was a wonderful day weather wise and also as far as lines. We ate at the Carnation Cafe, and had the baked potato soup and chicken sandwich on the pretzel bread, which I highly recommend! We rode the train around the park for the first time (can't believe we never did that!) which is a good ride if your feet are tired and you just want to sit and sight see for a while. The end has some great diarama's to look at. We went on several rides, including Nemo for the first time (the lines had always been too long before!). Nemo is okay, but not really super great.

We went back to the hotel and checked in, and were placed on the 8th floor of the Wonder (Bonita) tower overlooking the falls and pool. We all rested and took showers, then headed over to the Napa Rose for an amazing dinner. My husband had the filet steak with the blue cheese, and I had lamb chops. My lamb chops were good, but I kind of wish I would have gotten the fish dish, which looked delish when I saw it going by. My son (14) had the shellfish and loved it. My girls had the petite fillets. We all got dessert, and the creme brulee was the best of all that we ordered. I got pinapple upside down cake with macadamia nut ice cream, and that was very good--but when I tasted the creme brulee--no comparison!

We were going to go back into the park to watch the fireworks but were all so tired from traveling since 6 am, so we just decided to go swimming in the pool instead. We swam until fireworks time, and then went up to the room and turned on the "Disneyland Fireworks Music Channel" and watched them with a perfect view from our room. That Fireworks Channel is wonderful!

Monday was a perfect day--we got to go on many rides, and had lots of family fun. It was a bit hotter, though. Rode Soarin' in the front row several times, which was so fun! Went to the Animation place in DCA which was very neat. We saw the fireworks that night, front and center in front of the castle.

Tuesday was VERY hot. This was our last day in the park. It was also so incredibly crowded. I think this may have been because it was the last day (so I was told) for people with AP's to use them until blackout dates. I could be wrong about that, but it was unbarably crowded in both parks. It was impossible to even walk, let alone ride the rides. We tried several times to get on Toy Story Mania ride, but the line was always over 4-5 hours long. I felt so sorry for the people standing in that line. It streched throughout the entire park and the heat was just sickening. We actually got a GAC pass for the very first time this visit (my daughter has Autism), and even with that pass, the line for us would have been well over an hour long. It was also broken down every single time we checked in--and we checked in the GAC line about 5 times throughout the day and evening. Thank you to everyone who pm'd me about the GAC this time around--it really made all the difference for our family. :goodvibes

We had dole whips for the first time this trip (just okay) too. Our stay at the Disneyland Hotel was perfect. Our room in the Wonder Tower was much bigger than the one in the Dreams Tower that we were in last December, so I guess there is a difference there. Much better with 3 big kids! We had room service breakfast all 3 mornings for the first time, which was wonderful--and we will do that again. It is a great way to wake up to have breakfast in bed with the kids! We split 3 full sized breakfasts-plus extra pot of coffee and extra sausage, and asked for extra plates--which worked out perfect for us.

Thanks for reading,
Lisa

We were there at the same time! :) It was hot---and Monday & Tuesday were really crowded!

Sounds like your family had a great trip!! :thumbsup2

Sounds like you had a great time. The food at Napa Rose sounds very good (well, except the seafood...yuck!!)

We stayed in the Wonder tower as well and I was shocked at how big the room was...it was nice not being all cramped (of course, there was only the 4 of us..but still!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter