• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We have a plan!

umaangel00

DIS Veteran
Well I told DH we *might* do a vow renewal. He doesn't think we can afford it so I will let him think that. LOL. Here is my plan. I have found someone that will do the wedding for anywhere between 250-400 dollars a Rev. Tim. Here is his site. http://www.orlandoweddinglocations.com/index.html . Anyways, I also found someone to do the pictures. Coad Photography. Here is their site.
http://www.coadweddingphotography.com/ Then the condo ( 3bed2bath) is 380 (same one we stayed in March) and the tickets are 566.62. Grand total of about 1750 dollars. I am so excited! Does anyone have any feed back on the minister or the photography? I hear everyone talking about someone else for photography. What are his prices? I can't believe I can pull off a vow renewal for about the same prices as staying at Disney! This isn't including attire but I am going to get a prom type dress and him just some nice slacks or a suit! LOL I am giddy with joy!

Any feedback on those place would be helpful!

I hope you can make it work!!!

I am sorry to sound like a downer, but unless you use FTW disney looks down on weddings/vow renewals on property. Disney is very protective of FTW, so it may have to be Unofficial, W/O the FTW Blessing.....you have to be careful picking the spot... Disney won't let you do the renewal outside on Disney property unless they are running it...

You might want to do a little checking...

JMHO,
:jumping2:

I am not having it on Disney property. If we decide to have have a vow renewal, we are going to stay in a condo that is about 10 minutes away from disney. It's in Windsor Palms.

Sounds like a wonderful time and way to work around the budget issue! The photographer we used for our wedding has since left Disney and is on his own - Damon Tucci. He was wonderful. I know many here have had Rev. Tim on Disney property and he gets great reviews. He's also done weddings for some televised events - keep any eye out for things filmed in Orlando or WDW and you will probably see him.

umaangel00 said:
Well I told DH we *might* do a vow renewal. He doesn't think we can afford it so I will let him think that. LOL. Here is my plan. I have found someone that will do the wedding for anywhere between 250-400 dollars a Rev. Tim. Here is his site. http://www.orlandoweddinglocations.com/index.html . Anyways, I also found someone to do the pictures. Coad Photography. Here is their site.
http://www.coadweddingphotography.com/ Then the condo ( 3bed2bath) is 380 (same one we stayed in March) and the tickets are 566.62. Grand total of about 1750 dollars. I am so excited! Does anyone have any feed back on the minister or the photography? I hear everyone talking about someone else for photography. What are his prices? I can't believe I can pull off a vow renewal for about the same prices as staying at Disney! This isn't including attire but I am going to get a prom type dress and him just some nice slacks or a suit! LOL I am giddy with joy!

Any feedback on those place would be helpful!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I know how you have worked on this! I sure do hope your DH appreciates all you've done! :)

I know lots of people have had Rev. Tim and I think you'll be very happy with that selection.

Randy Chapman gets rave reviews here for his photography, but I haven't kept track of his info 'cause I'm going with Disney for my photos. The www.yourfairytale.com website might have a link to his info, or someone else might post it here for you.

Congratulations again!!

I finally got to a computer where I could pull up the sites, THEY LOOK GREAT!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

I still think you might have trouble on WDW property, but they seem to do WDW according to their website. .. Good Luck and have a fabulous Renewal.

Im not doing it at all at disney. I am not even staying there at all. So why would I have a problem with disney?

I apologize, I thought you WANTED to do it at Disney. Since you didn't give a place (except the photographer has Orlando in his web address), were talking it being too expensive, and are on a WDW Weddings board I sorta thought you were trying to do it at WDW. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you ASSuME.

(I am having one of those days when I can't seem to get anything right...again, please accept my apology)

Don't get down on yourself. I have those days ALL the time. I know how it is. Yes, I did want it at Disney. It proved to be WAY too expensive so we are going to have it at the condo we will now be staying at. I can't believe it's the same price as just staying at disney and the park tickets. I get to do everything I wanted. Now I need to go dress shopping. DH already has an anniversary band for me. I want to get a new one for him as well.

I'm glad you found something that worked for you! So you are having the VR at a condo you are renting off-property?

Yeah it's the same condo we stayed at in March. It's in Windsor Palms. It's 3bed 2 bath and he is letting us rent it from March 12-18 for 380 bucks. You can't be that. VR is March 14.

umaangel00 said:
Yeah it's the same condo we stayed at in March. It's in Windsor Palms. It's 3bed 2 bath and he is letting us rent it from March 12-18 for 380 bucks. You can't be that. VR is March 14.
Wow, that sounds like a great deal...

How close is WP to WDW, US, and Seaworld???

It's about 10-15 minutes away from all the parks. It actually might be closer than that. I am not sure about SeaWorld though.

That sounds a lot like what we ended up doing. We had wanted to do the whole Disney wedding, but just couldn't afford it. We found a cute little wedding chapel nearby and got married there. I think we spent maybe $600 total for our wedding and that included the ceremony, pictures, video, and a small cake! We paid about the same amount for our entire honeymoon and wedding (food and souvenirs included) that we would have paid for just the Disney wedding! We did stay on site though...we just stayed at the All Star Music resort. It was perfect for us!

Someday, we'll do our vow renewal and do the whole Disney she-bang!

Sounds like you guys have a great plan! Best Wishes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter