• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We dropped by the Fort

Kidatheart2010

Mouseketeer
The wife and I took a boat over to visit for a few hours. Very disappointed. The mess that was made and now abandoned for the new resort looks horrible. The scrim around the beach is falling down. Weeds and mess everywhere. Two rocking chairs on the porch. Crocket's Tavern closed. Very sad. We are scheduled for a week in October. I hope and pray that it will be a better place. It seems to be going down hill so fast. It wouldn't take much for WDW to clean up that mess. It looks like a DUMP.

The wife and I took a boat over to visit for a few hours. Very disappointed. The mess that was made and now abandoned for the new resort looks horrible. The scrim around the beach is falling down. Weeds and mess everywhere. Two rocking chairs on the porch. Crocket's Tavern closed. Very sad. We are scheduled for a week in October. I hope and pray that it will be a better place. It seems to be going down hill so fast. It wouldn't take much for WDW to clean up that mess. It looks like a DUMP.

Unfortunately Disney is good at just abandoning things and letting it go. Sad that they messed up the Fort, and are now just letting it become an eye sore. But again, campers are 3rd class citizens as far as management is concerned, so don't expect much. If we were considered important, they would have expanded the Fort long ago.

I agree, the mess that was going to be Reflections is pretty ugly from the water.

Good news is the Fort is huge and once you are on site, it is pretty easy to ignore the abandoned construction next door. Down by the water is the most obvious, but the new horse barn is really nice and the camping/cabin loops are unaffected.

As for Trails End and HDDR being open by October is a clear... maybe.

j

As of last week, it was open only at the take out window. Inside bar was closed. And very limited seating outside.

Yep, Disney took a big dump on us campers and our resort. Shame too, I mean last I looked camping was a booming business.
You would think that with Disneys history of exploiting trends they would be expanding the Fort offerings like crazy, sadly, they are totally missing the boat on this period in time. Seriously ? who couldnt make money on a slab of concrete and some electricity for $150 a night

I agree, the mess that was going to be Reflections is pretty ugly from the water.

Good news is the Fort is huge and once you are on site, it is pretty easy to ignore the abandoned construction next door. Down by the water is the most obvious, but the new horse barn is really nice and the camping/cabin loops are unaffected.

As for Trails End and HDDR being open by October is a clear... maybe.

j
Trail's End reopened 07/17/2021, no word on HDDR yet.

My original comment about Crocket's Tavern being closed was about the inside bar. The window was open for drinks. I peered through the window and the bar stools were gone and chairs stacked up. We had many awesome times sitting at the bar and interacting with the bartenders. Very sad times. Hopefully October will be better. Honestly not looking forward to it. The Fort has been our get away for the last 20 plus years.

From the menus, the pool lounge serves the same drinks as Crocket's - is that open?

I especially miss the trail to Wilderness Lodge. Also unavailable....

We looked at the new stables in the same area and they are nice. I'm a Kentucky girl and our horse stables are luxurious.

It's still a mess. That beach held so many memories for me and my family watching our kids grow up there. It's a shame they continue letting look like a dump. A weed eater and a lawnmower / Bush hog would do wonders for it.

Very sad.View attachment 617413
I hate to say it. It looks so much better than the swamp and mess that used to be there.

Wait, I don’t know what I am looking at in that picture. Is that the beach where there used to be lounge chairs, where you could see the fireworks?

Wait, I don’t know what I am looking at in that picture. Is that the beach where there used to be lounge chairs, where you could see the fireworks?
That's it! Sadly.

The good news is they moved the beach to the other side of the boat dock. Ironically, the beach was originally on this side (right side of the dock as you are looking out on the water) when the Fort opened. It actually gives better site lines to the fireworks. They have moved the speakers too, so you can hear the show as well as see it.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter