We do Universal only trips!!! Anyone else?

lorax123

DIS Veteran
Don't want to start an argument, but...

I have to disagree with Pete on this one. My wife and I 'discovered' Universal Orlando back in 2000, since then we've done 11 Universal only trips. While we've only done (so far!) 2 trips where Disney was the main destination, but on one of those we visited Uni for 3 of the 10 days and the other trip we hotel hopped to the RPR for 3 nights 4 days at Uni for our fix.

We've made side trips to a Disney park, or Seaworld, 1 or 2 times during our Uni trips, but US, IOA and HHN were our primary reasons to visit.

I'm glad Pete is a fan, but I have to say I just feel more at home and the 'magic' at Uni. I've always felt a little bit of an outsider at the Disney parks.

The reason I did start listening to the DIS podcast was to learn more about the Disney system, how to enjoy myself and be a little more comfortable at WDW. It's pretty overwhelming, with all the options and sheer magnitude of the place.

I do have to say I'm a huge fan of the Podcast tho! It's not just informative, but very entertaining. DW and I can't wait for the weekly show to download every Tuesday! And I've listened to every single show available on iTunes.

With all the info I've gathered from the 'cast, i'm really looking forward to our 9 night stay at OKW resort this December!

Don't want to argue, but just put out a different point of view. I'm not banned for life am i? :scared:

We do universal only trips too. Its just easier to go there for 7 days with the cheaper tickets, and I refuse to do Universal without staying onsite and having front of the line. So we make a special trip to do universal and usually keep the trips there and Disney separate. Its just a different vacation, we always miss the little disney touches, but really enjoy the Universal experiance.

Nothing wrong with being a Universal fan. Lots of people love it (including Pete) lots of people love Disney and even more love both.

Universal isn't for me, I don't feel uncomfortable there, it just isn't my style.

I am curious though...why do you feel like an "outsider" at Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter