We Ditched The Kids! - UPDATE (7/22 - NYC trip)

And a spectacular end to a great TR, Mark! Thanks for all the fine writing, awesome photos, and platform for banter. :) Please PM me when you have your next one up and going... I'll be there.

Wow, that was splendiferous. You sure know how to show a girl a good time. Thank you for sharing that with all of us.

::yes:: Still tons who don't know about ADRs.

That never fails to amaze me.

That... well..... sucks.

Yeah, once you realize you've actually seen everything there before, it does. It's everything you already know, but much bigger.

You and me both.

(Don't tell the missus.)

I won't say anything if you don't.

And I know how to make fourteen dollars the hard way.

:eek:

Stay cool… let’s not start quoting Ezekiel just yet.

Everybody just be cool.

Just getting to Newark would be at least a ten or so hour drive if I were to travel up through the Shenandoah valley; fourteen or better via I-95. Doable? Yeah, but that'd be right tough without adding days to the excursion.

Yeah, I can see that. You'd need a long weekend at least.

Sounds like Aladdin was fantastic! I'm glad that you had a good time and gave Julie a great birthday gift (for a change ;)).

Hey, thanks! It was really nice to--

HEY!

Thanks for writing the report. Lots of good ideas here. :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading along! I was wondering if you'd be reading it and thinking, "Good grief, I'd never waste my time in NYC by doing THAT."

And a spectacular end to a great TR, Mark! Thanks for all the fine writing, awesome photos, and platform for banter. :) Please PM me when you have your next one up and going... I'll be there.

I will, and thanks for sticking with me!

Wow, that was splendiferous. You sure know how to show a girl a good time. Thank you for sharing that with all of us.

Thank you for taking the time to read along!

Whenever her birthday rolls around, I usually ask her what she wants, and she’ll usually give me one or two ideas, like a necklace or a skirt she liked, or a gift card, or (sigh) yet another Vera Bradley bag.
Those Disney Store Vera Bradley bags have become a lifesaver for me on a few occasions when I need to come up with a gift... :rolleyes1

When I say it had been a long time since we’d been in New York City, I mean it had been a different world back then. We had last visited in May of 2001, and we’d gone to the top of the World Trade Center that day. Four months later, it was gone.
Oh wow... that certainly puts it in perspective.

On the way, I found the Ed Sullivan Theater, where they film the Stephen Colbert Show (formerly David Letterman). Always wondered where that was.
So why didn't you eat at the Hello Deli?

I will keep his employment status vague, but he works for some wealthy people and has some connections. So he took us up to the top of a tower for some rooftop views of NYC at night. It was pretty sweet.
It's nice to have connections to people with connections.

The place was very crowded, which is always a good sign. I decided to forego my usual burgers and ordered a pork rib chop, which came with some mashed taters and other veggies and frou-frou accompaniments which I calmly pushed to the side of my plate.
All that meat juice that the veggies are swimming in has to make them better.

I was going to continue on, but I don’t think there’s any way for me to gracefully or appropriately continue on in my usual goofy tone. I’ll pick up the next chapter with the rest of our NYC visit.
Understandable. I'm glad that you were able to visit this memorial on your quick trip.

We wanted a real NYC pizza, and we didn't want to be distracted with lots of toppings. We just wanted the authentic thin crust, blackened from the brick oven, crushed tomato sauce and whole-milk mozzarella. And we weren't disappointed. Maybe not the greatest pizza I've ever had, but it was very good.
But you left off the most important detail... We're all Disney fans, so how does it compare to Via Napoli?

The inside of the theater was pretty interesting. It reminded me of the Tower of Terror.
::yes::

So yeah, we had a great time.
It looks like a nice quick trip! The show sounds great! I'm glad you got to go.

Those Disney Store Vera Bradley bags have become a lifesaver for me on a few occasions when I need to come up with a gift... :rolleyes1

Yeah, but once your wife has a different bag for every day of the year, you start looking for other ideas.

Oh wow... that certainly puts it in perspective.

We did a trip to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island a few years ago, but never actually went downtown on that one.

So why didn't you eat at the Hello Deli?

Well, we already had reservations. And I didn't know I would be there.

It's nice to have connections to people with connections.

Always! We could probably do more if we just knew the people with connections. That degree of separation hurts us.

All that meat juice that the veggies are swimming in has to make them better.

Isn't that just trying to polish a turd?

Understandable. I'm glad that you were able to visit this memorial on your quick trip.

It was definitely worth the visit. It's kind of like Pearl Harbor for our generation.

But you left off the most important detail... We're all Disney fans, so how does it compare to Via Napoli?

This might be sacrilege, but I think I'd choose Via Napoli over this one. Part of that may be due to the fact that if I'm eating at Via Napoli, I'm in Disney World.

It looks like a nice quick trip! The show sounds great! I'm glad you got to go.

Thanks! We had a great time. I'll have to try it again sometime.

Sorry I'm slow to get the new TR started. My photos were stored on Picasa and it looks like Google finally shut that down completely. So I need to make sure I can still post photos from there.

Test post:

JosY0zReQGJi-nZKmN_Sk4qSJxYDvNVN4wWgOmwKKl_MHjrGMNXSgoomGo7wTVwSZVvIxRuxKY52RA=w1280-h1024-rw-no

It was the best of times...
It was the worst of times...

You image there shows up perfectly when I'm at home, but nada now that I'm at the office.
Weird...

I see dead people.

Jill in CO
And probably even more High people.

I can see the photo. Nice coloured plane

No picture for me. :(

no picture for me either.

I see it.

Thanks for the feedback! I was afraid something like this would happen with the switch-over to Google photos. I suspect it has something to do with the browser.

I see dead people.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Should I be worried, considering it was a photo of Drew?

It was the best of times...
It was the worst of times...

You image there shows up perfectly when I'm at home, but nada now that I'm at the office.
Weird...

The same thing happened to me. I was using Google Chrome at work and could see it. At home I used Safari and could not. Internet Explorer doesn't work, either.

And probably even more High people.

:rotfl:

I can see it on my phone using Chrome. I also use Chrome on my computer but haven't had an opportunity to take a look at your TR from the computer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter