We did it.....

It's funny you should ask.

I was just coming here to post that I just recieved my. gorgeous Oberon cover for my Ipad.

I got Avenue of the Trees in dark green.

They are very expesive ($130) but I personally think they are worth every penny.

And yes..... I definitely feel the Ipad needs a cover.

OK...Ipad stupid here. Is a cover the screen protector? If so what brand is worth getting?

OK...Ipad stupid here. Is a cover the screen protector? If so what brand is worth getting?

In my opinion, a screen cover is a thin film you place over the screen to reduce glare and stop finger prints.

I use one on my iPhone.

A cover is something which would protect the whole device.

I love the stuff from Oberon Design and while they are expensive, I think they are works of art which serve a function as well.

You can look at their stuff here:

http://www.oberondesign.com/

My iPad looks absolutely awesome in this cover:

http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1168

I've chosen the darker green.

I realize that these covers are pricey....but I love their stuff. It's of the highest quality and it feels like something that will last for a very long time.

I'm very pleased with my purchase.

I sue a screen protector (which I traditionally have hated, as they always get bubbles and seem to hold on to fingerprints more) on my Droid, mainly just to protect it from accidental scratching, especially when wearing it with the belt clip where the screen is facing outwards.

I don't think the iPad has that problem - at least I haven't seen a belt clip for it :)

Kevin....thanks for the Oberon Design link, I just ordered a case today. They are gorgeous! I just got a new 32gb 3g model yesterday.

Have you experienced any wifi issues with your model?

Jim

In my opinion, a screen cover is a thin film you place over the screen to reduce glare and stop finger prints.

I use one on my iPhone.

A cover is something which would protect the whole device.

I love the stuff from Oberon Design and while they are expensive, I think they are works of art which serve a function as well.

You can look at their stuff here:

http://www.oberondesign.com/

My iPad looks absolutely awesome in this cover:

http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1168

I've chosen the darker green.

I realize that these covers are pricey....but I love their stuff. It's of the highest quality and it feels like something that will last for a very long time.

I'm very pleased with my purchase.

I tried. James said I couldn't get one :(

Kevin....thanks for the Oberon Design link, I just ordered a case today. They are gorgeous! I just got a new 32gb 3g model yesterday.

Have you experienced any wifi issues with your model?

Jim

Which Oberon did you get?

I have not signed up for the 3G service through AT&T yet. Havent really taken the iPad out of the house yet.

I have had no issue with the wifi service we have at the house.

I'll let you know if I experience any elsewhere.

Kevin,
Could you give me some information about purchasing books with the iPad?

If you are purchasing through the iBooks app do you have to be in 3G mode to download the book or can you purchase and download with WiFi access?

How does purchasing and access books through the Kindle app work? Can you do it via WiFi or do you have to turn on the 3G?

Just curious.

Thanks!

Which Oberon did you get?

I have not signed up for the 3G service through AT&T yet. Havent really taken the iPad out of the house yet.

I have had no issue with the wifi service we have at the house.

I'll let you know if I experience any elsewhere.

I purchased the world tree cover. They are amazing covers, very unique.

Kevin,

If you are purchasing through the iBooks app do you have to be in 3G mode to download the book or can you purchase and download with WiFi access?

How does purchasing and access books through the Kindle app work? Can you do it via WiFi or do you have to turn on the 3G?

Just curious.

Thanks!

I purchase books through the iPad kindle app. You can use 3G or WIFI, no difference.

Kevin,

Just curious.

Thanks!

You actually never have to turn the 3G on if you have access to wifi.

I have yet to turn the 3G on. No sense paying for it if you dont need it.

As for iBooks....you need wifi OR 3G in order to download books. Once you have downloaded the book, you no longer need wifi OR 3G to read it.

The Kindle app works the same way. Keep in mind that if you dont have access to wifi or 3G...your Kindle, iPhone Kindle app and iPad Kindle app will not sync to the farthest page read.

Hope that helps.

You can also use iTunes to sync previously downloaded books if they are in an epub format. Just drag the downloaded file into iTunes.
This works pretty well if you previously downloaded content for an iPhone or android device.
Mike

Well today is my birthday and my husband got me an iPad...well let me clarify...he did not realize that there would be a waiting list and he went last night and put me on the waiting list for a 3G 32GB. I'm now trying to decide do I need the 3G or not? I think if I didn't want the 3G I could probably go pick the iPad up this evening.
What are the thoughts on the 3G versus the WiFi only version? My husband said I might not ever use the 3G but the first time I want to and can't I will regret not having it.

It depends on how you are going to use your ipad.

Ask yourself these questions:
** What do i want to do on the ipad (read books, play games, internet, email reading sending....), so how much will you use the internet??
** Where am i going to use the ipad (at home, work or also at friend houses, on vacation, in a park....)where do i have wifi and where do i need a 3g connection??

Hope this helps a bit....

The Oberon case is interesting, but I think simpler fare would better match the iPad's aesthetic. Some of those cases seem as if they're more at home within World of Warcraft or something. Different strokes!

Anyway, recommended app:

Bloom HD, create ambient music or let it generate its own, from Brian Eno. I'm going to be using this constantly at work.

I never had an iPhone, so maybe this is old news to some of you.

:wave2: Howdy Everyone ... I have come here by way of the DIS search function!!!

I bought an IPAD on Sunday and would like to know your thoughts on carrying cases and screen protectors.

Do you all have them and what do you like and what don't you like?

I was doing some back reading on this thread and someone mentioned NOT to use a screen protector on the IPAD. I am finding though the fingerprints come right off with one of those eyeglass cleaning cloths.

CASES ... I need one but where do I begin ... :scratchin

I just use a cloth, they work really well. As for a case, I do not like the sleeve. My husband just ordered a bamboo handmade case. It was around $50 but it's what he was looking for. My husband ordered mine from Apple just the basic black case but I like it due to the hard cover so you can stand it on end. I saw some really nice leather ones, the site was posted on this thread, but I couldn't bare the thought of spending $130 for a case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter