• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We decided to Sell

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
With everything going on, we have put up our last 3 AKV contracts up for Sale.
My husband is all about $$, and me ... I feel deflated, sad and just want to break down and cry.
I guess on the bright side we still have our 100 OKW pts and can still go but much less time at my favorite place to be.
If anyone else has decided to do this, I'm sending hugs your way.

:grouphug:
Best wishes to you.
We are senior citizens and I am just hoping to be able to use some of our points soon. We are about 50% sure we will go to HHI, so, not sure at all.

With everything going on, we have put up our last 3 AKV contracts up for Sale.
My husband is all about $$, and me ... I feel deflated, sad and just want to break down and cry.
I guess on the bright side we still have our 100 OKW pts and can still go but much less time at my favorite place to be.
If anyone else has decided to do this, I'm sending hugs your way.

I'm sorry you have to sell, Tigger2ntinkerbell :hug: Your post makes me think of the circle of life song from The Lion King ~ you are selling AKV while my daughter, her husband and two young sons are looking to buy their first DVC resale contract at AKV :) Good luck to you and I hope you can enjoy your OKW points soon :goodvibes

We are seniors also and the kids have grown and gone.
So with the changes with Disney and having to deal with COVID19 our needs have changed. Hoping for a better future.

bobbiwoz,
Hoping you get to go to HHI, have a great timepixiedust:

mlittig,
Thanks for the hug. And good luck to your daughter and her family 👪. They'll make so many memories .

Saw your post, and am sending supportive warmth in this transition. I can hear your hope for a better tomorrow. Covid-19 has created so much uncertainty. Even when we exercise control by making decisions, it doesn't always give the natural buoyancy or firm foundation they might otherwise without this on-going pandemic.
We are in extreme times, and I share in your hope for a better tomorrow. While our circumstances might be different, I share too in a good, tissue-box-needed cry. I hear over and over from public health experts how grieving this very difficult period is normal and can help one become more resilient. That deflated feeling, while still seeing the possibility of hope, really resonated with me.

Thank you so much for sharing, for being vulnerable, for being brave. Glad to note you have 100pts for future travel plans, and can envision some future time to use them again.

Tiggerette,
Thank you that heart felt message , it helped.
It was a hard days yesterday, filling out the paperwork and sending it in for sale.
It felt like the last nail in the coffin. Something final, done, coming to an end.

But today as I sat having a cup of tea , thinking God has a plan for me I don't know what it is but I will take one day, one step at a time and move forward.
I have sat here thinking about OKW and how and when to use the points.
So time to pick myself up and start planning.
Thank you all for your support it helped greatly and so appreciated .
Take care of yourself and stay safe and see you all at the best place on earth
pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Tiggerette,
It was a hard days yesterday, filling out the paperwork and sending it in for sale.
It felt like the last nail in the coffin. Something final, done, coming to an end.

But today as I sat having a cup of tea , thinking God has a plan for me I don't know what it is but I will take one day, one step at a time and move forward.
Many blessings and prayers for brighter days. We are all in this together!! God does not always lead us around the problems but He walks with us through the problems of life. In times like these I think we lean on Him more for peace and guidance. Maybe that is a part of His plan. I will hope that if your points sell (at this tough time) that maybe in the future you can buy a contract to add on to what you are keeping. I so look forward to the normalcy that returning to WDW will mean for me. God Bless.

Thank you Blondie58.
Isn't this the greatest group of people. They always encourage, uplift and the ideas they put out are phenomenal in helping you plan your vacation, dining or how to help you with you child so a melt down can be handled. Or the best place to see the fireworks .
Thank You All!!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I'm in the same boat...we sold earlier this year before COVID and it was a bit of a shock at first. But there's a whole other world out there to explore. We have our 125 point contract at Aulani and I'm glad we at least held on to a little something. Even with that small amount, we are so fortunate!

I'm in the same boat...we sold earlier this year before COVID and it was a bit of a shock at first. But there's a whole other world out there to explore. We have our 125 point contract at Aulani and I'm glad we at least held on to a little something. Even with that small amount, we are so fortunate!
Yeah , I'm feeling a little better after talking to the great people on this board. It is a shock at first but after my stress and sadness settled down , I'm beginning to feel better about only owning OKW. And like other people have mentioned maybe later will add on.

Saw your post, and am sending supportive warmth in this transition. I can hear your hope for a better tomorrow. Covid-19 has created so much uncertainty. Even when we exercise control by making decisions, it doesn't always give the natural buoyancy or firm foundation they might otherwise without this on-going pandemic.
We are in extreme times, and I share in your hope for a better tomorrow. While our circumstances might be different, I share too in a good, tissue-box-needed cry. I hear over and over from public health experts how grieving this very difficult period is normal and can help one become more resilient. That deflated feeling, while still seeing the possibility of hope, really resonated with me.

Thank you so much for sharing, for being vulnerable, for being brave. Glad to note you have 100pts for future travel plans, and can envision some future time to use them again.
What kind words these are. :grouphug:

My heart goes out to you and glad to hear you are feeling a little better about the decision.

We are seniors too (I guess), and have been DVC members for 28 years, since Feb 1992. I think if we sold our contracts, our kids would have the panic attacks. 😳😳
You still are a member, plus there are always rental options too to supplement your points.

Good luck!!

mac_tlc

Good luck.
I understand, but our kids are hoping we give them our DVC when we no longer want to go.

Tiggerette,

Thank you. Reading those words has helped me tonight too.

We sold half our dvc points last year. We have had no regrets since - it was absolutely the right thing to do. Thinking about selling some more next year. Our wallet thanks us when maintenance fees are due :)

Well they all sold. Bitter sweet.
But my DH surprised me and buy another contract at OKW:cloud9:. He said I was so sad and hurt that he had to make me smile. Love him to Disney and back:cloud9::cloud9:
That is hysterical. I literally laughed out loud. Sounds like something that would happen to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter