• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We can not stay at the Dolphin for Easter - how about POFQ for end of May ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We can not find a flight (without paying a bundle) from NY to FL for Easter
week. I guess I blew it. We had a great teacher rate at the Dolphin.
$170 for a pool view, upper floor (price includes tax)
Yes - I will give up my room this week. Good luck to who ever gets it.

Now we will try for the end of May. I'll pull the kids out of school for 4 days.
Oh well.
I can find direct airline flights at a good rate.

Now - how about resorts. I heard POFQ was good. My kids like slides
at the pool. Room big enough for a family of 4 ? My kids will be 11 and 8.

Building 5 good to ask for ? First floor ? Upper floor ?
Does each building have an ice machine ?

How is the food court ?

I must admit we were spoiled by staying at the Dolphin our first time at WDW.
We have AP and DC and AAA. I don't know if we can get a good rate
at a WDW resort for the end of May.

Where would you stay ? I would like to pay $150 or less, and be on WDW
property. That means a moderate resort.

Sorry about your misfortune. I myself bought tickets last June for Easter week. I thought I was crazy for paying what I did then, but I haven't seen the prices below what I paid since then. Including Southwest Air! YiKES. I too am getting the teacher discount at the Dolphin, but how did you know you were getting a pool view room? Di d you request this allready? I belong to the starwood club so I allready e-mailed by account number.

Thanks and Good-Luck

Poohbear2 - I talked to John in the Dolpin reservations. I am down for a 'lake view'.
I asked not to be on the right wing if facing te Dolphin from the boat launches. I asked for the left wing, if facing the boat launches. I also asked for a pool view, not a fireworks view. We had a great room in the right wing, with a balcony, fireworks view, MGM/EPCOT/Boardwalk view, upper floor (5th I think) in June 2002. My kids were bored with the fireworks view by day 4.

I did not realize how far in advance you need to get plane tickets for Easter.
I guess we were not meant to go.

Call the Dolphin 1-800-227-1500 and ask to have your ressies updated with a request.
It will be helpful to get your room choise if your arrive Holy Thursday and not on Good Friday. The earlier the better to get the best room choice.

enjoy your trip ;)

I also booked my april fllights over the summer. Got them for 229 direct from boston on delta. Why not stay at the dolphin in may? If spg web isn't showing anything available try calling or use dreamsunlimited.

Pooh2001-

Thanks so much for your reply!! I will give a call and request a room. Thanks for your room suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter