We can do it! -Disney bride weight loss group

Moonpie

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey...Stuff
This is the support group thread for us Disney brides, or Disneymooners who need a little extra encouragement to lose those last few pounds to fit into that fabulous dress! Hold out a little longer for that churro, and Mickey icecream bar. We can do it!

Well, this will be the second day in a row that I've not gone to the gym. But, tomorrow I'll be there for an extra long time. :banana: What kinds of workouts do you all do to lose the weight? What's working for you?

So far, I've got this awesome book called Buff Brides that's been great - it teaches all kinds of different exercises to tone the different areas "highlighted" by most wedding dress styles. Every other day, I alternate that with some workout DVDs I got at Target by Crunch - I like to do dance workouts because I think they're more fun (and helpful for those wedding dances!) and they keep me motivated to continue.

Thanks for starting this thread, Moonpie - hopefully we can all try to keep each other motivated! :)

Sounds like you're doing a lot. I've just been trying to go to the gym every other day and workout for about 45 minutes on the machines. Are you doing something special with your diet? I've just been trying to eat smaller portions. I try to keep a healthy diet, but I just can't seem to do without some cheese, dairy, and a little bit of chocolate. :blush: I wish I could lose the weight faster. I've only got about 3 months. I can't believe how fast this year is going by! Once school starts (I'm a teacher) I hope I can maintain my good eating habits, and going to the gym. I get really tired after working with the kids all day, and I'll often plop onto the sofa for the rest of the evening. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen this school year! :cheer2:

Moonpie said:
I can't believe how fast this year is going by! Once school starts (I'm a teacher) I hope I can maintain my good eating habits, and going to the gym. I get really tired after working with the kids all day, and I'll often plop onto the sofa for the rest of the evening. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen this school year! :cheer2:

I am right there with ya! I don't eat as much during the school year because I'm SO BUSY all day, but I teach Kindergarten and I am exhausted when I get home. The LAST thing I feel like doing is working out. I have quite a bit to lose and about 10 1/2 months to do it, but I know that time will fly!

Hey! I teach the first grade! And I never, ever sit during the day, nor do I have even a desk to sit at. I'm constantly moving around and making sure everyone's learning... yet despite that I don't stay thin and trim during the school year. I think it's a stress thing. It's probably because I will often grab a sweet or salty snack during the day. But trust me, this year I will not keep any sweet treats in my room... not even the ones for the kids!

Hi there... I have 127 days left until my wedding and I am starting to get a bit nervous when I look at the scale. :scared: My body seems to be happy at this weight and honestly, after the wedding, I probably won't mind as much being this weight, but I want to look AMAZING at our wedding and that means toning up at the very least. I'm at 150 right now. (I'm 5'6" to give yo an idea of proportion). I did lose 5 lbs. since the New Year. I am worried most about Thanksgiving because that's when I gain the most weight. :guilty: And, because I graduated from college this past Thursday :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :yay: , I no longer have a free gym membership. I also don't have a job and stress is major factor in my weight gain. I am worried about paying for this wedding since we are doing it ourselves. I NEED a job ::yes:: and until I get one, I'll be a bit stressed. I can join my college gym as an alumni for like $200/year and I will as soon as I get some money. :guilty: Until then, I have a couple of DVD's and weights at home, but I don't use either of them very much... this is where my will power needs some help. This is a great thread and I'm so glad Moonpie started it!!! Especially since she's getting married only a month or so before me. We are on a similar time schedule. I look forward to reading more and working out with you ladies for the next several months. Have a wonderful night and keep sharing!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

happylalagirl said:
Hi there... I have 127 days left until my wedding and I am starting to get a bit nervous when I look at the scale. :scared: My body seems to be happy at this weight and honestly, after the wedding, I probably won't mind as much being this weight, but I want to look AMAZING at our wedding and that means toning up at the very least. I'm at 150 right now. (I'm 5'6" to give yo an idea of proportion). I did lose 5 lbs. since the New Year. I am worried most about Thanksgiving because that's when I gain the most weight. :guilty: And, because I graduated from college this past Thursday :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :yay: , I no longer have a free gym membership. I also don't have a job and stress is major factor in my weight gain. I am worried about paying for this wedding since we are doing it ourselves. I NEED a job ::yes:: and until I get one, I'll be a bit stressed. I can join my college gym as an alumni for like $200/year and I will as soon as I get some money. :guilty: Until then, I have a couple of DVD's and weights at home, but I don't use either of them very much... this is where my will power needs some help. This is a great thread and I'm so glad Moonpie started it!!! Especially since she's getting married only a month or so before me. We are on a similar time schedule. I look forward to reading more and working out with you ladies for the next several months. Have a wonderful night and keep sharing!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I believe you/we can do it! You don't have to belong to a gym. Do you have a bike? Going on a short bike ride around the block would be great! Or going on walks helps too. But, I know what you mean about your body being happy at a certain weight. I don't eat big meals, so why am I over weight? It's like in order to be thin I've got to eat an unusually small amount of food, and workout a lot. Well, thanks for giving your imput on this thread. I look forward to sharing with you all! Goodluck everyone!

I'll be watching this thread like crazy!
I have about 20 lbs to loos in 6 months or so.
I plan on doing my walking thing (about 3 miles every few days). Its been hard this last week becuse it has been so blasted hot!! (Heat indext in the 110s). It if finally cooling down however so walking is becoming a possibility again.
When the snow flies...I plan on doing my tae-bo and ab videos.
I am also a weight wather member....its hard to just work out or just eat good......darn! We gotta do both!!

I know all of us here can do it!

Lets be good and try to check in every not and then! Especially on the days we don't work out/eat well....I know that is when I need the most motivation.

I know what you all mean about the "my body seems to be happy at this weight" thing.

I would strongly recommend that book ("Buff Brides") as it mixes up the workouts as well - it has 2 plans (24 week and 6 week) and shows you each exercise, how many you have to do, etc. They're really easy, don't require lots of extra gym equipment (I got the book because I hate going to the gym - I am the self-conscious girl who typically hides until someone leaves the piece of equipment I want to use) and I do everything in the living room at home. Other than the book, I walk 3 days a week with DF - that was my problem in the beginning. I moved from Central PA to SE PA and knew no one (nor where I was going!) so I didn't go walking. DF also had a sales job that required him to work 9 AM to 8 PM so he didn't get home after dark. All = me putting on about 25 lbs! Things had been going really well, but Nkkilala, I know what you mean about the heat!

The only other thing I recommend is watching what you snack on - I'm a financial analyst (desk job) and when days are slow, I find myself walking to the vending machine. Instead, I now have a small stash of the Quaker 90 calorie granola bars and Quakes, those Quaker rice cakes. I am a huge popcorn fan and they make a Quake caramel corn rice cake - they do wonders for kicking the sweet tooth craving!

Sorry for the long post - but keep the posts coming, girls! It's great to know you all are going through the same thing I am!

Hey All! This is a great thread! Im a teacher too - 2nd grade - and my life this summer has been working out... although its not going so well. I have run two marathons (one at Disney!!) - and have a HUGE problem losing weight. I have tried diets, extending workout times, personal trainer - not eating, and have not lost 1 pound. I am stuck! I work out about 2 hours a day and its getting daunting :confused3 - maybe the thing I needed was a buddy system, I do this all on my own.
Anyway motivation is GREAT - :cheer2:
Good luck to all!!

My body is the same way as some of you have mentioned. I have to totally starve myself to get results which then are too complicated and unsafe to keep up with. In turn, I end up gaining back the weight (plus more) and it's SO unhealthy. I am too embarrassed to say my height and weight, but I wonder if we could all post pictures of ourselves now and then show our progress as we go. That would motivate me to HAVE to do it so I won't embarrass myself :rotfl:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m4/whilykit/grossshot.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry if this is super huge - I have NO idea how to do resizing and such :rolleyes1

Whilykit said:
Hey All! This is a great thread! Im a teacher too - 2nd grade - and my life this summer has been working out... although its not going so well. I have run two marathons (one at Disney!!) - and have a HUGE problem losing weight. I have tried diets, extending workout times, personal trainer - not eating, and have not lost 1 pound. I am stuck! I work out about 2 hours a day and its getting daunting :confused3 - maybe the thing I needed was a buddy system, I do this all on my own.
Anyway motivation is GREAT - :cheer2:
Good luck to all!!

Believe it or not - sometimes your body will not loose weight because you are not eating enough. You apparently work out alot, be certain that your body is getting enough food so that it doesn't stay in a 'starvation' mode where it's storing the fat. You might want to speak to a nutritionist about how many calories per day you should eat with all of the exercise you do in order to stay healthy and loose weight. You could also discuss if there needs to be a change in the type of food you currently eat.

During my pregnancy, I gained 65lbs! I am back down to 120 lbs, but Im all loosey goosey around my waist. The measurement of my waist at my belly button is 33 inches. It is the widest measurement of my belly and I want to get it down to 30 inches. I lost alot of inches off my waist with pilates. I swear by winsor pilates! but now I work out with light weights doing circuit training. I havent worked out in a month, but I started a working out again this past week. I have 2 months until my dress comes in. I ordered it an inch smaller at the waist to I need to get to work!

Hey everybody!
I will tell you what worked for me! I was at about 155-ish...a size 8...I am 5'4'...I gave up sugar! I quit drinking Pepsi and I swear I lost 6 pounds in two weeks, just giving up sugar, no extra exercise or anything like that! Sugar is poison. I started eating natural peanut butter and switched to whole wheat bread. I really started reading labels, seeing how much sugar is in things. Those Slim Fast shakes...oh my goodness the amount of sugar in them was astronomical! Portion control is important, but honestly it's easy, you need to burn more calories than you are consuming...if you do this, you WILL lose weight!! But giving up the sugar kick started everything!! I watched my weight go steadily down, went from an 8 to a 6 to a 4...

I am now a size 0-2, I weigh 115 pounds (give or take! :rotfl: ) I have maintained this weight for more than two years!! And I recently got yelled at for losing weight since last trying on my dress b/c it's too big and has to be taken in! (I tend to lose with stress...wedding planning anyone?) The salon owner said that if she has to take it in any more it will "ruin the designer's vision" :rolleyes: (Just in case anyone is wondering, my sister is a nutritionist and dietician and I did NOT lose too much, my BMI is right where it should be!) wow, defensive much? My DF is on my case all the time b/c he loves to worry!! ;)

Anyhow, For the last six months I gave up bread entirely and switched to whole wheat tortillas. I work out three times a week, 45 min a session and lift weights. I LOVE the Buff Brides book!! It really works!!! :banana:

I'm sure you will all look beautiful on your wedding day, no matter what!!

Hi everybody! :wave2: I am a first grade teacher too. I am 5'4" and have gone back to about 150 lbs. It seems that this is where my body likes to be because every time I lose it, this is where I come back to! I'd like to be about 130-135 I think. I have old pictures where I look absolutely skeletal (I was still about a size 6 -- have never been smaller than that!) so I don't want to look too thin.

In the past I have done Weight Watchers on my own, just counting points but not attending meetings. Since I have the books I can do it and weigh myself at home. I never got much out of the meetings.

I hate to exercise at the gym! I have no willpower there. I dance 2 nights per week (tap, jazz, and ballet) and take long walks with the dog. I recently dug out my rollerblades, and sometimes I do exercise tapes (my favorite is Richard Simmons Disco Sweat!), but not much in the last year. And I just got a (hand-me-down) mountain bike so I am looking forward to getting that tuned up and in use!

My BF keeps trying to get me back into a routine, but I am resisting. He also needs to lose weight for his job in the military. It is hard to do it together because we don't live or shop together and he works strange shifts so I don't really cook for both of us. I think I'll be better when I start back to school IF I make my lunch everyday! That way I can better control portions and healthy snacks.

I am just not feeling motivated to do it. :sad2: I don't know what will get me started, but I could sure use some help in that department. We're talking about a summer 2007 wedding at Disney, but it's not official yet. Maybe that will help motivate me, but right now I am just not eating right!

Yea! Ive been to a nutritionist! and a personal trainer - im a chef - i went to culinary school , so I cook everything myself. I dont drink soda or juice - just water and coffee. Its crazy! I hear ya girls about the body being comfortable at one weight - but i hate that! I have come to terms with it in some ways, but I still try my hardest week after week. Thanks for the suggestions - Lets just keep this thread going so we have a place to share ideas about being healthy - i like the natural peanut butter idea, Im gunna try that one!

This is such a great idea! I would like to lose about 30 pounds and just started going to the gym about 3 times a week. I've found that the most helpful change I've made has been to eat regularly so I'm not hungry. I tend to overeat when hungry. There's a recipe thread on W.I.S.H with recipes. I can't link because I don't have enough posts but it's the first thread on W.I.S.H. (It's a sticky with all the recipes compiled).

Some of the recipes sound delish and it should be a great help to keep each other motivated and have our menus planned in advance! Bride to be's need special help!

Good luck to us!

~LJ

I just got back from working out! :banana: The eliptical machine, and the treadmill say that I've burned 300 calories today! Yay! :banana: Let's hope I can keep this up for the rest of the week. It helps to have my fiance go to the gym with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter