We ate, and ate, and ate (part 1)

Local_Girl

DIS Veteran
The Hungry Cast:

DH: Generally gets his way; not very picky (though he doesn’t have to be if he generally gets his way)

Me: A little picky; occasionally adventurous, budget-minded

DS10: Wants to try new things; “eyes bigger than his tummy”; refuses to order off the kid’s menu

DD7: Constantly hungry; sticks with basic kid stuff; would snack continuously if we didn’t provide other diversions

Here’s where we ate (Part 1):Off-Site

Thought I’d start with the off-site stuff to get it out of the way…which pretty much sums up how I felt in general about our off-site dining experiences. Ugh.

Black Angus (West 192, in the EconoLodge lobby)

We did this on our first night as DH thought a good steak sounded good. Well, a good steak would have been nice. Mine was gristly. DH and the kids were satisfied with their meals (also steaks), however. It was a late dinner (due to our late arrival) and the tables were mostly empty. I thought the place felt a bit grimy, but I can’t really put my finger on why I felt that way. Our server was nice and pretty attentive. Anyway, it wasn’t what I was hoping we’d do for our first night and I doubt we’ll go there again. We spent $48.61.

Outback Steakhouse (off of West 192)

Yes, we like steak. We’d love to try the premium steak houses like Ruths Chris or Shula’s but alas, the budget won’t allow. I’ve eaten in several other Outbacks and this one was about the same. Our meal here was pretty good, overall. I ordered my steak medium rare (as did DH), but mine arrived WALKING. I always order them medium rare and this is the first time (anywhere) it was this rare. Also the first time I felt the need to send it back. DH’s was fine, by the way. The waitress told me my steak was actually as it should be and DHs was a bit overdone…okay…she did offer to take it back and cook it longer, after which I enjoyed my meal. Note to self: Order steaks “medium” at Outback. We spent $58.74.

Cracker Barrel (on 192, East side, across from the giant Orange gift shop)

We generally like Cracker Barrels, especially on road trips, as they are reasonably priced and we can count on the food to be fairly consistent from one CB to the next. Unfortunately, in my opinion, this particular CB was yucky. The food was average, but the service was slow and I thought the place was pretty grimy. Strangely, we ate dinner here not once, but twice (the second time cuz we couldn’t agree on anything else)…We gave it two chances…won’t be going back to this CB. Our meals were roughly $40 each night.

Next…onsite dining...
:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter