We are Soarin' to Disney;We're back! TR started! LINK pg 127

When would you visit WDW? and Where would you stay?

• September 26, 2010

• November 28, 2010

• December 05, 2010

• January 30, 2010

• Port of Orleans French Quarter

• Carribean Beach Resort

• Coranodo Springs Resort

• POP--we may need to do the value!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hooray for 10 days! I know you have got to be super excited!

I think it would be great for your mother and dad to come along. If she's said something about it again, then she really wants to go. I know that this year our park touring will be totally different than it was in previous years but I can't wait for my Mama to see Disney though Hunter's eyes. This may be the last time your parents get the opportunity to go to Disney. Just go into it with a different mindset and everything will be fine!
Lisa, I know you are right! But, here is my problem :rolleyes1
the magic through Ashton's eyes is Pricelss (we all know that part)...
Gwendolyn & I have a hard enough time sharing Ashton :rotfl2: now we have to add Nana to the mix...

.BUT!!! Nana is hardheaded and tries to act child like and believes because she wants it that way it MUST be that way!!!( I am going to have a very hard time making my mom understand that Ashton is NOT allowed on the EVC! this is of no joke! so this is where the stress comes in!!
the next thing is she is so stressed and tired from all of my aunt's stuff (she has been cleaning her house) that she can barely walk and stand up straight...so how for the love of Pete is she going to do WDW! :eek: I can see my dad is going to be miserable! on a vacay he does not want to be on and having to deal with her...

I know that she wants to go with us! :upsidedow and I am happy they are able to join us...but at the same time: I just know that this is going to be a really HARD vacation for her and between Gwendolyn pouting, my dad's sarcasim, ... (I hope I'm wrong and I don't feel the need for a vacation when I get back :laughing: )& Danny just plans to leave and head out with Dayne and Luke :rotfl:

OK! that is enough of my gripping and acting like a child over it (I know that is how I sound--not meant too!--just feeling the stress that I know will be there...been on enough trips [for years all our vacay's have been with them] to know what Tuesday or Wednesday will be like) :rolleyes1

That site will help you figure out where you'll be, and how much driving you have left, and what hotels are close to the interstate.

It helped us to figure out where we want to stop. Just waiting to see if DH works Friday so we can decide what time we're leaving.

Room request, I've decided to just leave in Mickey's hands. DD wants something close to the pools. DS want to be able to see the fireworks. DH want to be near the smoking area. I know there is no pleasing all of them.

Lisa, I know you are right! But, here is my problem :rolleyes1
the magic through Ashton's eyes is Pricelss (we all know that part)...
Gwendolyn & I have a hard enough time sharing Ashton :rotfl2: now we have to add Nana to the mix...

.BUT!!! Nana is hardheaded and tries to act child like and believes because she wants it that way it MUST be that way!!!( I am going to have a very hard time making my mom understand that Ashton is NOT allowed on the EVC! this is of no joke! so this is where the stress comes in!!
the next thing is she is so stressed and tired from all of my aunt's stuff (she has been cleaning her house) that she can barely walk and stand up straight...so how for the love of Pete is she going to do WDW! :eek: I can see my dad is going to be miserable! on a vacay he does not want to be on and having to deal with her...

I know that she wants to go with us! :upsidedow and I am happy they are able to join us...but at the same time: I just know that this is going to be a really HARD vacation for her and between Gwendolyn pouting, my dad's sarcasim, ... (I hope I'm wrong and I don't feel the need for a vacation when I get back :laughing: )& Danny just plans to leave and head out with Dayne and Luke :rotfl:

OK! that is enough of my gripping and acting like a child over it (I know that is how I sound--not meant too!--just feeling the stress that I know will be there...been on enough trips [for years all our vacay's have been with them] to know what Tuesday or Wednesday will be like) :rolleyes1

I can see the point in what you are saying. Maybe, after you see that your parents really are going, you guys can have a nice sit-down meeting to talk over the plans. Approach it like it's a meeting to update everybody on what you have planned. Tell your mother up front that Ashton won't be riding the EVC with her. You could even fib a little and say it's against Disney policy. Tell Gwendolyn up front that there can be no pouting. Mention too, that it will be hard for you to share Ashton but you're willing to do it so that your parents can enjoy Disney through Ashton's eyes. Hopefully you can do it in such a way that it doesn't seem like your laying down the law and that you're not pointing fingers at one particular person.:rotfl:

You may be surprised at how much your parents can put up with each other. And you with them.:lmao:

Oh, and make sure that your parents know that it's perfectly okay for them to do things without ya'll or to go back to the room and rest. I know you mentioned before that you didn't think your mother would do that but you she might if you say that you have no problem with it.

It'll all work out, you'll see.:hug:

I love having the online check-in option available. I used it last year and it was wonderful!

I've read a lot of posts that say not to fax in your requests any more because they just get thrown away. I did it year before last but not last year. I just called them and made sure my requests were noted.

Oh, and I think maybe my earlier question got lost in the mix.....where is Mariana? Isn't that near Pensacola?

I love having the online check-in option available. I used it last year and it was wonderful!

I've read a lot of posts that say not to fax in your requests any more because they just get thrown away. I did it year before last but not last year. I just called them and made sure my requests were noted.

Oh, and I think maybe my earlier question got lost in the mix.....where is Mariana? Isn't that near Pensacola?
Marianna is the exit between Chipley and Tallahassee! Danny is kinda leaning toward not booking a room and just stopping when we feel like it....we'll see...

Marianna is the exit between Chipley and Tallahassee! Danny is kinda leaning toward not booking a room and just stopping when we feel like it....we'll see...

I remember that now. We never make a reservation for our first night on the road. We wait and see how tired we are before stopping. By the way, right now, Jameson Inn has a $5.00 coupon on their website. Well, they did as of last week.

here is the weather forecast by accuweather.com (they have a 15 day forecast) for a portion of our trip :sad2: NOT AS BAD AS LAST YEAR! I hope it changes to sunny and cloudy w/not rain ;)

Saturday
Apr 24
Mostly sunny and warm 89°Lo 65°
more Sunday
Apr 25
An afternoon t-storm or two 87°Lo 64°
more Monday
Apr 26
Increasing cloudiness 85°Lo 64°
more Tuesday
Apr 27
A t-storm in the afternoon 83°Lo 66°
more Wednesday
Apr 28
A couple of afternoon showers 85°Lo 68°

I think that is a pretty good forecast - nice and warm. A thunderstorm wont last long! But hang on a minute.... I am all confused. I thought your mom was going to go but you guys convinced her not too.... Did I miss that she is now going again!?

Nickie, here is the post you missed :lmao:

:woohoo:WOOOOHOOOO!!!!:woohoo:

10 DAYS!!!! AND WE WILL BE IN THE MAGIC!!!!
party: party: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: party: party:
today is online check in day!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I was able to pull most of Ashton's clothes together yesterday (I have one outfit for universal that I can not find--thinking it is at my mom's); today Ashton and I are going to do a small bit of shopping and when I get home I plan to tackle Danny and I's clothes (I pulled out three boxes of clothes from Ashton that were too small or will be too small soon!)...I want to take out our suitcase and start putting in the clothes I know we can do without!​

Possible addition to our party!
The woman is going to drive me crazy!! :scared1:
But, my parents have decided to join us, AGAIN! :upsidedow I am not saying anything until she brings me her credit card so that I can reserve her room and order her tickets!

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Magical Day pixiedust:
:sunny: Connie

I think that is a pretty good forecast - nice and warm. A thunderstorm wont last long! But hang on a minute.... I am all confused. I thought your mom was going to go but you guys convinced her not too.... Did I miss that she is now going again!?

yes, I agree it is a pretty good forecast; alot better than last year...although I would love to see 7 days of sunshine!!! :rolleyes1

as for my parents...she called me last night to ask if I had CX the third room; I told yes I had and paid off the two with the deposit :rolleyes1 hint hint
than she tells me she has decided she does want to go...now, I had already known she really wanted to go...but, wait ...she called today to tell me she may have a dr's appt...so as I posted earlier...she is going to drive me nuts:rotfl:
I love her with my entire being (she is my mom after all) but come on! she just needed to plan or not plan and surprise us! :rotfl2:

Don't know if you said this already, and I'm too lazy to go back and check:rolleyes:
Did you decided which building you want to request? 50's or 70's?

Don't know if you said this already, and I'm too lazy to go back and check:rolleyes:
Did you decided which building you want to request? 50's or 70's?
I didn't! :lmao:
but, when I did online check in today I checked off that I would like to be close to transportation...if I have to call and add my parents to our ressie I will have to ask for something close to Classic Hall and tansportation...I need to visit the POP site to see which bldg is closest! I believe you said the 70's was close to the busses...
:wave:

I didn't! :lmao:
but, when I did online check in today I checked off that I would like to be close to transportation...if I have to call and add my parents to our ressie I will have to ask for something close to Classic Hall and tansportation...I need to visit the POP site to see which bldg is closest! I believe you said the 70's was close to the busses...
:wave:

This is just off memory... I'm pretty sure 70's (building 10), and one of the 50's buildings are the closest to the Classic Hall... that is, unless your room is on the other side of the building, then not so much:-)

POP's website is probably more helpful then me lol

That's a nice forecast you got there Connie!

I saw the name of the PTR and wondered which one this was because I certainly did not remember this name.

YAAAAAAAY for single digits!!

:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum Nine Happy Mickey's!

The weather forecast for our possible meet in Epcot is even better today! Dont forget to PM me! I hope everything works out for us all to meet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter