We Are Back,

Beth__WDW23/6/02

<font color=deeppink>you can never mock anything u
Hey All

We are back,after our LONGGGGGGGG holiday (or so it felt hehe) wish we was still there...we had a great time,got lovely tans,and totally tired,we had to drive from miami to orlando yesterday which took 5hours (we got lost) then got straight on the plane for 8hr's so we are zombies we landed this morning at 7:05am,and we got in bed at 9 lol we are totally not with it. so i wont go on,it was great!! despite the rain,yep rainy season is there lol ;)

The flight was good :rolleyes: despite me being sick this morning in the plane,it was that bumpy :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: but I suvived YAY!!!! chelsea was good as gold...shame about her mum lol

Anyways will let you all know more soon.
Thanx to all who helped,with info/advice etc.
Beth

HERE'S TO THE NEXT HOLIDAY :jester:

Wow. That went quick, seems like you only went!

Sounds like you had a great time (well, apart from being sick, you know what I mean though!), can't wait to hear some details when you've recovered :D

Penny :D

Welcome home, Beth. Glad to hear the flight was OK. Looking forward to hearing a lot more about your trip when you're back in the land of the living!

Welcome home Beth.

Sounds like you had a great time;)

Glad to hear you had a lovely holiday:)

Look forward to hearing more about your trip:Pinkbounc

:wave: Hi Beth - can't believe that your two weeks has gone already:eek:

So pleased you have a great trip - can't wait to hear more, specially about Naples as we'll be down that way in October.

Have a good snoooooooze.:crazy:

Welcome Back Beth :wave:

Glad to hear the flight went OK (apart from the sick bag incident!) and that you all had a great time!

Can't wait to hear more about it when you've recovered. :D

Welcome Home Beth!!! Glad to hear that you had a great time!!!

Would love to hear more when you recover.

Eda

welcome back Beth -

we did the orlando to Miami and straight onto a plane home a few weeks ago, and it is a long journey.

When you have woken up, tell us all about your trip

Bev

Welcome back :)

So pleased Chelsea was fine on the flights - poor you though, it isn't pleasant being unwell on the plane.

Can't wait to hear more about it when you have the time :D

Welcome home Beth - cant believe how quick that has flown by!

Look forward to hearing more when you feel like it :)

We have an epic holiday coming up in a couple of weeks.

We are flying into Miami, driving up to Fort Lauderdale, staying one night in Fort Lauderdale before taking a cruise around the Western Caribbean for 1 week. Then we pick up a hire car from Fort Lauderdale and drive to Orlando for 5 nights (Yacht Club :-)). We then drive back to Miami, but have 2 nights in a hotel (Ritz Carlton - Biscayne Bay) before flying home. Will then need a couple of weeks to recover ;-)

I booked the two nights in Miami because I couldn't face a long drive before getting on a plane for 8 hours: this way we can take a leisurely drive down, relax by the pool for a couple of days before flying home. Sounds like I made a good decision.

Does anyone have any recommendations for lunch/other stops between Miami and Orlando?

Thanks,
Boo

Well Im back to "Normal" well if you can class me NORMAL anyway. :rolleyes: i just wish we could get back into a routine,lol.

Ahh well it was all worth it.
Heres a few details, we got to america on time,when we got off the plane god it hit us the heat,its so humid,i never expected that.and it was raining,so called its been raining everyday.The rainy season as started early one man said!
We got to our hire car only to be ripped off,with dollar,yep,they said to hubby 2 be,that "have you read the small print,you know theres a extra fee for the car" of which then we was puzzled we had paid it hadnt we? nope we hadnt it was an extra £250 so we sat down comtemplating,and we agreed,i wish we didnt have to but we had to,after that was done,we set off to the hotel.
We hit our first toll lol.

Quality inn international looked okish!...the rooms was laid out well,and we was over looking the pool,so that was one thing.
We got settled,and headed over to dennys for tea,hehe.
The next day we went to Magic Kingdom, this was a long day!,chelsea met her 1st mickey mouse,and was totally at awe with him,she ever dragged him to the door,to bring him home,little love!,it made her day!,we took pics of which ill get developed.
Magic kingdom,was lovely,and chelsea loved it,we watched the night parade too.
The next day we did MGM, i think it was this one with the muppet show?! well chelsea loved this so much she cried laughing,and at the end,2american families came over and said that "she was the star of the show" lol,she loved it!,we watched bugs life,which is fab,god theres so much,my mind is spinning.
We also went to epcot,but didnt see much,i think all the walking/raining put dampners on it...but we saw the parade...i liked this one!
We went to blizzard beach one day,and downtown disney,where i spend a fortune.
;) ;) ;) hehehe,we had a day off,and went shopping.

International drive was buzzing at all times..and the people was friendly...even if they didnt ahve a clue what we was on about lol.
God i cant think what more to say,ive done a diary so i'll jog my memory with that later hehe...

Onto St pete's,we stayed at howard johnson,i didnt like the hotel,not sure why i think we was more at home on internation drive...st petes is more for relaxing,of which i didnt want to,i wanted to go back to disney (me the BIG kid),but we had fun,the beach was nice...not many shops though,and not much going on really...the beach was nice at night,they was setting fireworks off...so we all sat there watching them.

Onto Naples...this is a must!! im definately going back here,with only 2days we had we didnt see much,only 5th avenue,and the 4th of july celebrations,but this is a gorgeus place.the beach is white sandy,clear blue seas....its heaven!!!!
Theres so many different people here,its bedlam.
Its like something out of a book,so perfect!
The hotel was nice,again overlooking the pool,the weather was great too,this is where we got our tans lol, only downside the hotel was having a bar built and it was noisy thank heavens we was only there for 2days!, the houses there too,are one in a million...but you have to see it to be believe it,i really rate naples.

And then lastly,Miami...what can i say? this is a place i wont be seeing again!,the beach was vile,well the part we was on,our hotel,yep monaco (the name says it all) said it was nr to the beach and infact it was true that was the only true thing it said and had! the beach was covered in litter,the hotel was dreadful,ive taken pictures to complain to virgin...the room,stunk of wee, the shower,burnt chelsea cause it went from cold to hot then vice versa,the beds only had a sheet on,and guess what? our air conditioning never worked,when we checked in the guy was in our room trying to fix it,as soon as he saw us he ran out,the vent wasnt fully covered,there was damp on the walls,plug sockets open no covers etc...it was completely disgusting...we slept on our blankets,we had bought.
And at night time the hotel really came alive!!, 11pm onwards they was partying right outside our door, music on FULL whack!!!! there was girls loitering, (yup prostitutes) i was gobsmacked,how virgin could rate this place was beyond me,we stayed out till late,until we was tired...so we didnt have to stay in them rooms...we drove to hollywood,not the real hollywood this was a little town nr by,the beach here was lovely,and we spent most of a day there...we went into miami once,and i would say its a pick up joint,not a holiday place....there was girls with nothing on,yuck! but i suppose the rest of the holiday made up for this disaster lol...we had a laugh though...i'm going to see what virgin as to say!!.

Im glad to be home,but now im home i want to go back.
I think we'll definately go back,not sure when...we'll see...but i can guarentee ill be planning soon!!!! hehehe

Anyways thats it for me...
Beth & Family.:jester:

Nice to hear that you are still, overall, happy with you holiday. I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience in Miami though :-(. Your hotel sounds REALLY awful/disgusting: glad that you have taken photos to complain to Virgin. Let us know how your complaint turns out: sounds as though Virgin should stop using it! Did you complain to the hotel? Was there a local Virgin rep that you could have contacted (I know, you were only there for two days)? I think that Miami is a place of many contrasts: there ARE nice areas, but it sounds as though you were unfortunate and only sampled the yucky bits :-(

We are staying in Miami, for two nights, in about a month (at the end of our trip to Florida). Fortunately not at the "Hotel Monaco". We are staying in the Biscayne Bay area of Miami, so hopefully that should be okay. We are staying in Miami because I didn't want to drive from Orlando to Miami straight before a flight back to the UK.

What was the extra £250 charge from Dollar about? What did they say it was for? Did you not get a "fully inclusive" (i.e. including insurance) package from Virgin? Just wondering if you should include this in your letter of complaint to Virgin.

Still, glad that you had a lot of positive experiences too: sounds as though you will be going back (although maybe only concentrating on Orlando and Naples - I have been to Naples too, it is gorgeous...).

Boo

Hiya Boo,

Well the £250 was because dp was under 25,but virgin never pointed this out to us,in was in the small print...but dont worry we are looking for money back off virgin for this! i think its because insurance is more for under 25's.
I wouldnt mind hes 24,and will be 25 in a few weeks.

As for miami,i wish we had seen the nicer places..where we stayed was dreadful, nope there was no virgin reps there and i dont blame them i dont think they are that stupid!, but they'll here about this!
Another thing too,i forgot to add,the hotel did double parking because it was that small,so you had to leave your keys with the bell boy (if you call it that) so he could move your car around all night,i mean how pathetic is that? what would of happened if he had crashed/bumped our hire car? ummm....
I havent looked in the virgin brochure yet to see if its in 2003 i dont recall seeing it but im not suprised...i'll let you know how we get on with virgin though....

I hope you have a lovely holiday.
Im looking forward to going back,but like you said concentrating on naples and orlando...
;) we had a fun holiday regardless...

Beth x

Beth & Family ,

Really glad you all enjoyed your hols - time to start saving up again before Xmas appears on the horizon !
not long now !

Kev & Diane

Beth

Hhhmmm, the over 25 thing is a real pain. Nevermind, next year your dh wont have that problem :-)

When we went to Naples we stayed at "The Registry" resort. If you want a recommendation, it was REALLY lovely. The rooms were great, the pools were really nice, there was a stretch of private beach reached via a boardwalk (they have golf carts ferrying passengers up and down the boardwalk) and you can hire bikes to go cycling on (that was fun). Might be worth you considering on another trip. If you didn't do them on your last trip, consider doing both a Naples trolley tour and a day trip into the Everglades (air boats etc) next time you are there.

Your hotel in Miami sounds soooo dodgy: it shocking that Virgin had such a hotel on their books. Do tell us how you get on with your complaint.

Boo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter