We all get a do over, right? (10/25-11/3 (tomorrow), crowds, weather, cuts, etc.)

Farro

Argh.
So here I am in my hotel room at Polynesian, sick with a fever on my last day. Oh well.

So we loved the hotel, no problems, but we found we just enjoy the Epcot resort area better, so we will return there next time. Not enough food options here to compare to just being able to walk into Epcot to grab something.

Crowds- I give in, it is a bit more crowded than our last few October trips. That said, it was still totally manageable. Our Animal Kingdom first day - we did standby for Dinosaur and it said 40 minutes, but we only waited 15.
We went to MK on a Wednesday non-party night and honestly, only felt the crowds to be overwhelming as we were trying to leave after the fireworks.
Went to party on 10/26 and while some reported high crowds, I can honestly say we thought it was amazing! No lines for candy or rides and we got a great spot for first parade on Main Street. Great time!
Food/Wine really cleared out and was beautiful starting this Monday 10/30.
DHS - um, not our favorite :)

At MK - noticed only one coaster running on Thunder Mountain and even though there were crowds, one boat full, one boat empty on Pirates and Small World.
Found fast pass to not be so fast anymore. Had about 15 minute waits on most rides, longer on others and 40 minutes on TOT!!!

Weather - boy, did not like it. I was so cold our first night, second day had a jacket on with shorts most of day. Finally warmed up a bit Friday, rained Saturday and then was too cold for our tastes until yesterday/today. It did put a damper on the trip as we love pool days.

We traveled alone first few days (great!) and then family showed up. It can be hard, and the vibe shifted a bit. I don't know how to explain it, but I lost my vacation vibes and they just never came back. I think we just aren't used to each other.
Then yesterday Micky got so sick with sore throat and fever and today we both have it.

Overall, I can honestly say I can't wait to go home tomorrow. Like I woke up this morning thinking "my god, I'm still here." Never felt that before. But that's not to say we didn't have some great times, we certainly did!!! Circumstances beyond Disney's control were working against this trip.

But I will try again!!! 2020/21. And back to Yacht Club - trying early May this time.

thanks all and happy trips!
23157404_2069648373269974_6010645468741536888_o.jpg

Last edited:
Shoot, sorry it didn't work out as well as you hoped!
Sounds like you still had a lot of fun, though!

Shoot, sorry it didn't work out as well as you hoped!
Sounds like you still had a lot of fun, though!

Oh we had a good time! Just not as good as other times. It happens! :)

I'm not soured at all! Next year we are going to D.C for 5 days and then the year after Turks and Caicos, then back to WDW! All is good. :)

Oh, and the light show on the Tree of Life was AMAZING!!! All of us loved it, even the cynical ones!

Pandora - so much smaller than I thought!

But the River Ride was great! I didn't get on FOP, but everyone else loved it. And gorgeous at night. :)

Glad you enjoyed a lot of your trip! We thought the MNSSHP on 10/26 was fabulous, too!! And agree about the FP lines not being quite so fast. Still better than waiting in the whole line, but also not always as fast as we would have liked. Sorry that you're sick! Hope you're on the mend soon and enjoy getting back home to sleep in your own bed.

I was ready to leave on our last day too. Like you I felt my family - specifically trying to keep them all happy - just tired me out and sapped the fun from the trip. I see the appeal of solo trips for the first time. We're thinking a return in 2021 too when all the new stuff is ready. Was great planning alongside you! Hope you feel better soon!

Glad you had a great trip!!

Completely agree about the FastPass lines. I remember the days where You could mostly walk into the ride with a FastPass but most rides was 20 minute wait with FP and FOP and TOT was 45 minutes with FP! I also agree about the crowds in October - never used to be that way and DH and I will be looking for alternative months for future trips.

Feel better and hope you have a safe flight!

Welcome home, my friend. :) I certainly hope you feel better soon.

Oh man. Worst flight home ever...Micky was just shaking with chills and we get home and we both have fevers. I don't know what bug we got!!! We both had flu shots.

Picked up the cats, they did so well being boarded at the vets! That makes me happy for future trips.

I was ready to leave on our last day too. Like you I felt my family - specifically trying to keep them all happy - just tired me out and sapped the fun from the trip. I see the appeal of solo trips for the first time. We're thinking a return in 2021 too when all the new stuff is ready. Was great planning alongside you! Hope you feel better soon!

It was that and the weather just killed it for us. We had no pool days and one night we were FREEZING!

Like I said, the first few nights were awesome, then it slowly went downhill. Not the worst, but not the best. I have a touch of the blues, but I think its just exhaustion, and who likes going back to work? :(

Also, while we enjoyed our stay, we most likely won't stay at Polynesian again. We missed Yacht/Beach club a lot.

And lastly...they must do something about those Starbucks lines, insanity!!!

23004546_2068719026696242_1198334921194868837_o.jpg View attachment 281369

Last edited:
Being sick on vacation is the worst! Sorry you had that!

On a good note you can have my spot at the Epcot resorts. I'll take yours at the Poly! I have found I'm definitely a monorail resorts girl, as much as I love Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter