WDW without purchasing Disney Genie +?

The fact that you have early and night extended magic hours will help a lot.

I know I'm planning to take my dad 85 to the MK for a day (staying offsite). I did a touring plan with touringplans.com (We are mostly doing more low key rides and looking at a time to go that isn't overly popular (February), and I wanted to see what lines would look like (touringplan predictions). All the predictions for things I am doing have wait times of 20 minutes or less (super acceptable - great actually) except for two rides in the afternoon -- Jungle Cruise (47 minute wait prediction) and Pirates (35 minute prediction). What this means for me is that I might even buy Genie + for me and dad for our one day and get the LLs for those two. For $15 pp for the two of us, I'd prefer to have shorter waits on those two rides. It's just getting on my phone twice. And those lines really aren't all that bad. I'd like though for a one and done day, make things as pleasant as possible for dad. But he's a super patient guy, so we really wouldn't need this.

When standby lines are long, it's super tempting to do the Genie+ thing even if it just shortens your wait in a few lines. Depending on what you want to do and time of year though and the fact that you have early and late extra time with lessor lines, I think you could have a really fun trip even without that.

As the outlier on this thread, I had length of stay G+ with a 10 day park ticket. Again, we never got there earlier than 11, and had a TS lunch. It was so hot that only half an hour or 40 minutes was excruciating. At AK, it was very useful even for Nemo and Lion King because we got right in. Going later in the day, lines were 60+ for many attractions and the time saved added up quickly. The whole family said they would never go without it. We were offsite at Vistana, so that made a difference.
We rope drop but if I was getting there midday I would definitely buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter